Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 06:41 AM

22,162 posts, read 19,213,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You, or anyone else, has no basis to make that claim except a belief. Believing something doesn't make it true... I found that out a long time ago.
Like the article posted says: "Physicists aren't exactly sure, but their best guess is that...".

So the physicists aren't sure and the physicists are guessing. If you believe them, then you have faith in their guessing.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-09-2018 at 06:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2018, 09:54 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Except that you are quoting a book of mythology.(fiction)

What about that time Horus resurrected from the dead? Bet hundreds or thousands in Egypt (supposedly) saw that happen...why no more of it then ?
I was speaking of the Supernatural and how you can test God and EXPERIENCE the super Natural. The God of the bible is not without proof when you test God in how he says to test him.

How do I test Horus, to then experience the super natural?

Old 05-14-2018, 06:37 AM

16,770 posts, read 4,977,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Probably the same as people base
their belief in a multiverse, faith.
Maths, science. Not faith.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
and double bugger....Come on Mystic..."Is this the problem with Transponder we wonder?"

So another vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGZrNG0f-Mw

I don't know....I'm surprised at how much these Prosperity -gospel televangelical swindlers make my bile froth.

I rather like the ol' 'Top ten best...' (or worst). Why isn't there a "Top ten most detestable faces of religion"?

Oh...P.s...Dont. Be. Too. Irritated. By. The. Talk- host's stilted.Mammer. Of. Speaking,

It's better to have it clear and comprehensible than the hard -to -listen -too babble of some of them.

And a p.p.s. I looked and there is a top 10 most hateful....

I almost posted it, but y'know. Mike Huckabee was No 2, and i didn't find him hateful. Not on the basis of what he said. I didn't agree with him, but what he was saying was not in itself hateful (the engineering of the Kim Davis case came close). I could understand and even sympathise with his viewpoint; just not agree. At all. But he didn't make my liver broil.

Those fake healers and prosperity guzzlers do. I think they are criminals. Frauds and swindlers, and they should be arrested, tried and Jailed.

Btw. How long did Creflo get?
Those Tv evangelists are not really 'fake healers', the healings they do are real, and the people do get healed, but its the source that is the problem.

Think about it, in order to be a false prophet, the deception would have to be pretty darn good and effective in order to fool so many people, if they were not really healing anyone, thats not very convincing or effective.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:08 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,015,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Those Tv evangelists are not really 'fake healers', the healings they do are real, and the people do get healed, but its the source that is the problem.

Think about it, in order to be a false prophet, the deception would have to be pretty darn good and effective in order to fool so many people, if they were not really healing anyone, thats not very convincing or effective.
Really? You think Benny Hinn really heals people?

Old 05-14-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuP5uOI7Xwc

Old 05-14-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really? You think Benny Hinn really heals people?

Old 05-14-2018, 12:31 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:

I haven't done research, but I've read enough exposes to doubt that real healings are what we are getting.

And you can't fool all of the people all of the time, but you can fool a lot of them a lot of the time. Especially is they dearly want to be fooled and resent anyone trying to tell them they'd been fooled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zsve_GMeo8

( I didn't post the Popov expose as it's too well known by now. And yet there are some who are in denial about it)
It's interesting to look over the comments. The refusal to accept the facts. The accusations of not seeing the truth because of lack of Holy Spirit (read deluded faith). Is truly saddening. How can you help those who won't accept that they need help?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-14-2018 at 12:41 PM..

Old 05-14-2018, 05:50 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,063,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
You guys are not understanding the multiverse. Theist please stop misrepresenting what cosmologists are trying to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQnh6--mX30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k06VoxcP0i8&t=1467s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj6tUW-zNQg&t=495s
No one needs to be a scientist to
know nothing cannot be posited as
something without lying.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:09 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
No one needs to be a scientist to
know nothing cannot be posited as
something without lying.

Yeah. Like a god-thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality