Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 05:55 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,133,954 times

Advertisements

What do you all think of Rastafari? I think it's very cool. American Christianity could learn a lot from it.

YouTube - Tarzan - Smoke all Day (smoking ganja riddim)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
What do you all think of Rastafari? I think it's very cool. American Christianity could learn a lot from it.
No we could not learn anything from Haile Selassie especially since Jamaica is such a peaceful, tranquil, non violent country. Jesus is more than sufficient but thank you

Old 04-08-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No we could not learn anything from Haile Selassie. Jesus is more than sufficient but thank you
You sound like you don't want to learn anything from anyone because you've already made up your mind and closed it.

How do you know Haile Selassie was not God incarnate? How is this idea any more unbelieve able than the idea that Jesus was?

Anyway, that is just one aspect of it. They have a very interesting perspective on the Bible I think.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
You sound like you don't want to learn anything from anyone because you've already made up your mind and closed it.

How do you know Haile Selassie was not God incarnate? How is this idea any more unbelieve able than the idea that Jesus was?

Anyway, that is just one aspect of it. They have a very interesting perspective on the Bible I think.
LOL.....I was born in the islands. I have seen first hand the almighty Haile Saassie and the truth he brought, one of my uncles was in that. They are no different from the Nation of Islam cult here in the U.S. that is more geared to racial pride rather than preaching the truth.

Let me count "da vways"

Old 04-08-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
LOL.....I was born in the islands. I have seen first hand the almighty Haile Saassie and the truth he brought, one of my uncles was in that. They are no different from the Nation of Islam cult here in the U.S. that is more geared to racial pride rather than preaching the truth.

Let me count "da vways"
So how exactly is fundamentalist Christianity superior to Rastafari and Islam? Explain.

You are talking down upon Rastafari and Islam as if they are silly and ridiculous. Yet you are a follower of another, extremely similar paradigm of thought that looks equally ridiculous and cultish to many people.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
So how exactly is fundamentalist Christianity superior to Rastafari and Islam? Explain.

You are talking down upon Rastafari and Islam as if they are silly and ridiculous. Yet you are a follower of another, extremely similar paradigm of thought that looks equally ridiculous and cultish to many people.
Lets see we have Jesus, the Bible and the Holy Spirit all infallable and without contradiction.

Islam has Muhammad who couldnt make up his mind and broke his own cammands and blamed it on Alllah the moon god.

Rastafari if they are following anyone other than Christ then they are screwed.

Another one for both of them is that they were mentioned in the Bible amongst the false prophets and antiChrists.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Lets see we have Jesus, the Bible and the Holy Spirit all infallable and without contradiction.

Islam has Muhammad who couldnt make up his mind and broke his own cammands and blamed it on Alllah the moon god.

Rastafari if they are following anyone other than Christ then they are screwed.

Another one for both of them is that they were mentioned in the Bible amongst the false prophets and antiChrists.
Jesus, the Bible and the Holy Spirit all infallable and without contradiction???????

Not really. You just have faith in this. And other people have faith in other things. But there is nothing better about your faith. You should view other faiths as equals instead of viewing them as inferior to yours.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:49 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times
Quote:
Jesus, the Bible and the Holy Spirit all infallable and without contradiction???????

Not really. You just have faith in this. And other people have faith in other things. But there is nothing better about your faith. You should view other faiths as equals instead of viewing them as inferior to yours.
Nope because they are too flawed to be true.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:

You are right we should not view other faiths as inferior but the question still remains. Is your faith true? Will it hold up to the scrutiny that the bible and Christianity have gone through?

Old 04-08-2009, 07:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Another fad as so many thru out time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality