Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2009, 06:37 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
God exist for the ones who believe,it is proof positive in their hearts and mind.Disbelievers have to have the tangibles,everything spelled out for them and then that is not enough,circle of fallacy logic or whatever the case
Very true, and so does Santa, the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, Sasquatch, the Loch Ness Monster, lepricons, pots of gold at end of rainbows, unicorns, mermaids, to name a very few.

Yes they all have a long history in urban legend, and many artists renditions, but they are ALL imaginary, including this gawd thing that pollutes the reasoning of so many people that should know better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
People come to God because they want to have a personal relationship with Him,they are not out there trying to disprove Him but how they can improve themselves and draw nearer to be more Christ-like..
Many small children have imaginary friends, but they grow out of them as their mind and intelligence grows. Some never grow and cling to imaginary friends, even if the imaginary friend is an all powerful hateful, vengeance driven ego maniac.

Last edited by Asheville Native; 10-09-2009 at 06:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 09:51 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
As I look around these forums, I can't help but notice people pleading for evidence of God's existence. God does not NEED to prove himself. Someone please show me, in the Bible, where it says GOD MUST PROVE HIMSELF. He does not need to. Why SHOULD God prove himself? Even if He DID, the disbelievers would still be...disbelievers - just like those that don't believe we landed on the moon to THIS DATE, they wouldn't believe in God if he appeared before them.

As far as I am concerned, look at your hands, feet, your child. Look at the trees, the sky, the sunset. Drink water, breathe air. That is good enough proof to me that we were created on a planet that we can live on. However, God needs no REASON to prove Himself to anyone. It is your choice to find Him, not for Him to find you.
You are right. We are living in a such a perverse and wicked nation. If Jesus appeared before them they would probably die, due to people being wicked in their hearts. NOthing wicked can stand in the sight of Jesus, so He is actually doing us a favor by not showing us His full glory.

The people that Jesus is appearing to, He has a plan for their life. These people now days wouldn't do anything with the apperance of Jesus but tell stupid stories.

You see what the Children of Israel did. They saw God do amazing things and they still didn't believe God.

So, if they don't believe then so be it, that is their lose. Everyone will see Him when they stand in front of Him and have to give an account of their life.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 PM

212 posts, read 572,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
You are right. We are living in a such a perverse and wicked nation. If Jesus appeared before them they would probably die, due to people being wicked in their hearts. NOthing wicked can stand in the sight of Jesus, so He is actually doing us a favor by not showing us His full glory.

The people that Jesus is appearing to, He has a plan for their life. These people now days wouldn't do anything with the apperance of Jesus but tell stupid stories.

You see what the Children of Israel did. They saw God do amazing things and they still didn't believe God.

So, if they don't believe then so be it, that is their lose. Everyone will see Him when they stand in front of Him and have to give an account of their life.
If this nation is so wicked and perverse why don't you just move it worked out well for jim jones. I would be glad if all cristians left since all the crimes in this nation is commited by christians. Then I would not have to worry about standing in front of god because heaven would be here.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desol11 View Post
If this nation is so wicked and perverse why don't you just move it worked out well for jim jones. I would be glad if all cristians left since all the crimes in this nation is commited by christians. Then I would not have to worry about standing in front of god because heaven would be here.
Yea right

Old 10-12-2009, 12:46 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Yea right
I asked you a question in post 110.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:53 AM

212 posts, read 572,897 times
Quote:
Yea right
Yea right at what part. This country is suppose to be 90% christian right so that means the majority commits the most crime.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quote:
Many theist have said to me 'It's your choice to believe in god or not'. I don't understand this. I have never been able to 'choose' what I believe. I'd be really interested to know how it's done Miss Shawn. As you appear to think that it is something voluntary that can be done, perhaps you could explain just how it's done. I don't believe it can be done. How do you 'choose' to believe something? For example, I assume that you don't believe in the existence of three-headed elephants? So could you, (just to demonstrate how one chooses to believe something) choose to believe that three-headed DO exist. OK....GO!

So now, at this precise moment, having chosen to believe.... do you truly and sincerely believe that three-headed elephants exist?
I don't see this as a question, but simply that you are some how confused.

You don't believe in God because of your choice, I believe in God because of my choice. No one is making me, it is my choice. Simple

Old 10-12-2009, 11:24 AM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I'm afraid the requisite cognitive abstractions are not part of the thought processes here, Rafius.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I'm afraid the requisite cognitive abstractions are not part of the thought processes here, Rafius.
Judging by post 127, you appear to be correct sir!

Old 10-12-2009, 11:51 AM

138 posts, read 173,054 times
God is good.
God wants people to believe in Him.
God is for some reason only willing to save people who believe.
More people would believe in God if He did a little more PR.
If being 'saved' is good, why not take action to save more people?
Does God not care how many are saved? Why wouldn't a good God want to save more people?

I'm SO confused
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality