Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:31 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
According to many Christians on this forum and in real life, I am going to hell.

It is funny actually.

I have never raped anyone, hurt anyone, had an abortion. I believe in Christ was well as the Buddha and more. Then Christians tell me I am going to hell because I believe in OTHER religions too.

I guess love and tolerance is enough to make me go to hell

I am bad. Real bad.

Have you ever told a lie? If so you're a liar.

Ever stolen anything? However small? If so, you're a thief.

Ever used God's name in vain? That's blasphemy.

Ever committed adultery? Lusted after someone? If so, that's the same as adultery.

If you're like me, God sees you as a lying, blaspheming, adulterous thief. If you choose to go to your grave with those sins on your conscience you will go to hell...and you're just like me--you're not a good person.

Thankfully, Christ died for my sins, I've repented and trust him for my forgiveness. You can too--if you want. Your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 10:41 AM

657 posts, read 1,599,922 times
sorry, but blasphemy is subjective.. one must believe in god to see blasphemy as a sin, or to even recognize sin in itself..

thus, i'll G-D all day long, and my conscience will be clear as the oklahoma sky i live under. I don't need your forgiveness, nor the forgiveness of your god to make me feel better.

that said.. i can't stand a liar.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:43 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffhrdkncs View Post
According to the Christians, you can do whatever you want and you'll be ok as long as you accept Jesus as your savior and ask him to forgive you just before you die. Oh, and you have to be sincere.
Not all Christians believe in that nonsense. Once Saved Always Saved is a bunch of bull-hockey.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:45 AM

6 posts, read 13,233 times
when someone takes their own life do they go to hell?

Old 04-16-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
sorry, but blasphemy is subjective.. one must believe in god to see blasphemy as a sin, or to even recognize sin in itself..

thus, i'll G-D all day long, and my conscience will be clear as the oklahoma sky i live under. I don't need your forgiveness, nor the forgiveness of your god to make me feel better.

that said.. i can't stand a liar.

God's still ticked at you for doing it whether you want to believe in him or not.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:49 AM

6 posts, read 13,233 times
so i take it you mean ticed off means hell bound? no way around the whole thing, no forgiveness, no nothing.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoollady View Post
so i take it you mean ticed off means hell bound? no way around the whole thing, no forgiveness, no nothing.

If you repent and accept Christ's sacrifice for your sin you aren't.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:05 AM

177 posts, read 381,494 times
Sin was with man from its birth.."If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." The choice of accepting that we are sinful in nature is a start..

Old 04-16-2009, 11:10 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,213,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoy Ako View Post
Sin was with man from its birth.."If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." The choice of accepting that we are sinful in nature is a start..
Wrong, we learn it from our peers and parents - children are born innocent.

Do not buy into the lie that children are born sinners.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:11 AM

300 posts, read 735,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
If you repent and accept Christ's sacrifice for your sin you aren't.
which is so easy! You mumble some jumbo words, sigh, bump your forehead against the floor - shazamm you are saved! You just escaped the eternal torture, ain't that sweet! Even a dummy can do that! Ain no brainer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality