Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 12:50 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
But you said:

There is absolutely no evidence for single celled organisms becoming multicelled organism other than pregnancy.

Well there it is. Evidence, but I guess nothing will make you accept that it can happen.

The planet is 4.5 billion years old, this was just a thing that happened as a result of needing to survive from another single celled predator. Assuming the predator also evolved, left for 2 billion years or so, who knows what may evolve?
You know this is not what I was asking for, they are still single celled organisms and they have not formed a multicelled organism therefor nothing other than grouping has been proven similar to coral or in this case a sponge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-BIG-NOTHING View Post
did anyone else notice that the peanutbutter jar's packaging was already open? lol just to make sure nothing crrrrrrawls out!
lol
but seriously....it SSSSSSSAddens me to see things like that in this day and age! and it's even more pathatic for others to buy into it!
You all know that he was merely pointing out just how ridiculous the abiogenesis theory is, watch the whole thing and you will see this. He is using similar sarcasm as is used against the creationist view.

Now please, can we get to some real proof for what we are looking into?

Old 05-07-2009, 12:58 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You know this is not what I was asking for, they are still single celled organisms and they have not formed a multicelled organism therefor nothing other than grouping has been proven similar to coral or in this case a sponge.
Science cannot replicate intsta-poof, that is the evidence you are looking for.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:24 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Exactly, they've never been able to replicate abiogenesis in the lab. No spontaneous life from nothing. Totally agree with you for once.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Exactly, they've never been able to replicate abiogenesis in the lab. No spontaneous life from nothing. Totally agree with you for once.
insta-poof = magic = godunnit

Abiogenesis can at least be explored. Just because it has not been done yet, does not mean it cannot be done.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:44 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
insta-poof = magic = godunnit

Abiogenesis can at least be explored. Just because it has not been done yet, does not mean it cannot be done.

Just because you haven't seen good enough proof for God's existence doesn't mean He doesn't exist....right?

Just apply the same logic. Abiogenesis flies in the face of accepted science....but people are willing to give it a pass because they'd rather believe in it than a creator.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Just because you haven't seen good enough proof for God's existence doesn't mean He doesn't exist....right?
Was a christian for 30 years drank the KoolAid, all a sham and nonsense. You keep assuming atheists are not aware or did not grow up in a christian environment. How many times do we need to tell you this?

Your god is a figment of your own imagination, nothing more. The voice in your head is your own imagination. I too had voices "speaking" to me because I chose to believe they were real. If I want I can still invoke them and tongues. In fact I can do it sooo good I can do it in your church and you will not tell the difference.
Quote:
Just apply the same logic. Abiogenesis flies in the face of accepted science....but people are willing to give it a pass because they'd rather believe in it than a creator.
Accepted "science" like creationism?

Last edited by justme58; 05-07-2009 at 02:21 PM..

Old 05-07-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
That is not what I am looking for but you must understand we are looking for similar evidence for both Creation and Abiogenesis and neither can be replicated at this time to eithers satisfaction.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Was a christian for 30 years drank the KoolAid, all a sham and nonsense. You keep assuming Atheists are not aware or did not grow up in a christian environment. How many times do we need to tell you this?
The difference is, you tried to believe and couldnt where we do believe without trying. I fought against Christianity, cursed it, hated it and then the Lord opened my eyes. Not some church or preacher, but God Himself.

Quote:
Your god is a figment of your own imagination, nothing more. The voice in your head is your own imagination. I too had voices "speaking" to me because I chose to believe they were real. If I want I can still invoke them and tongues. In fact I can do it sooo good I can do it in your church and you will not tell the difference.
Come on into our Church and speak in togues all you like, you will only make a fool of yourself. Clearly you do not understand true Christianity and have only tasted of the pretenders.

Quote:
Abiogenesis is not science but it is sciences attempt at disproving creation.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,068,879 times
Quote:
Was a christian for 30 years drank the KoolAid, all a sham and nonsense. You keep assuming atheists are not aware or did not grow up in a christian environment. How many times do we need to tell you this?
You apparently believe you can read my mind and know my thoughts.

Some of you claim to just be totally unchurched, never growing up in the church...some of you claim to be church-goers once. I realize there are 2 types.

My point is that if you apply the same logic to abiogenesis as you do to God it falls apart.
Quote:

I think abiogesis is a fiction of your imagination. Now what?

I don't know what your experience was in church, and don't pretend to. But it sounds like it was a bit "out there".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality