Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:05 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Great debate you guys.

Al though this thread is getting off topic.

Instead of talking about Hinduism and Buddhism, why cant any Christians answer my question? They are usually so quick to defend their religion at anything. Even when it violates other peoples rights.

So why cant they tell me what they think happened to the people before Christ came and died for their sins? Were they sinners? Did the all loving God send them to Hell? What what what?
Here's the problem. These threads usually are designed as set ups for putting down and making fun of others. Seriously that has been the history of these types of threads and more and more many are not biting the bait.

But I'll answer it. All those people are still dead and there is no Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 06:04 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
So all those people (The Pagans and Hindus and more) who were around BEFORE Christ came all went to Hell, I assume?
Quote:
Could be true. Good answer.

However, I want to see what a Christian has to say. It really does question their theory of "whoever is not Christian goes to Hell". Would an all loving God send people to Hell if they never had a chance to be saved by Christ?

There were people before Christ. These people were obviously not Christian or believed in the Bible or Christ since he was not around before that. Therefore, the people could not have known about "being saved by Christ."

So did God just punish them and send them to Hell?
I'll answer your question. This is the first I've opened this thread. Before Christ came everyone did have laws of their own, whether they were Jew or Gentile. When Christ was dead for 3 days, He went to the spirits in prison and preached to them (1 Peter 3:18-20 and 1 Peter 4:5-6). Everyone who had died prior to Jesus' coming had the chance to hear the gospel. They could either accept it or reject it, just as everyone can today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
+1
It is well known scientific fact.
This is the one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. How in the world could it be scientific fact that there is no heaven or hell, when no one has come back from the dead to tell us?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:58 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
What is wrong with the rituals of Hinduism?

As for the Gods of Hinduism. They basically believe that you should form your own opinion, and image of God. But they do believe God exists.
Rituals play to the ignorant masses. You need to study the Vedic scriptures best exemplified by Sankara Akaraya.. There is no need for ritual or authorities and no role for organized religion of any kind in pure Brahmanism. It is an individual quest to erase the ignorance caused by our soul's isolation in a physical body to achieve union with the One.
Quote:
The fact that Buddhist phiosphy has no gods.....what is wrong with this? How is this ridiculous?
It is based on a lack of trust that Nirvana (cessation of all desire) wouldn't be the end of the cycle of incarnations.
Quote:
What do you mean by them "retaining mass appeal"? How do you think that they have done this?
By eliminating the effort necessary to perfect the self by using magical belief in rituals, guides, gods, and all manner of magical thinking. This always appeals to the lowest common denominator in humanity and reaches the most people.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:20 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
However, I want to see what a Christian has to say. It really does question their theory of "whoever is not Christian goes to Hell". Would an all loving God send people to Hell if they never had a chance to be saved by Christ?

There were people before Christ. These people were obviously not Christian or believed in the Bible or Christ since he was not around before that. Therefore, the people could not have known about "being saved by Christ."

So did God just punish them and send them to Hell?
All human consciousness is in a form of energy that is eternal. Every single human consciousness that ever existed still exists as part of the collective human consciousness. It is that collective human consciousness that was out of resonance with God consciousness that is the universal field that establishes our reality. Until a human consciousness achieved resonance . . . NONE of the human consciousnesses had a path to God consciousness. Jesus's human consciousness achieved perfect resonance and established that link to God consciousness for ALL human consciousness . . . past, present and future. That did not eliminate the requirement that each human consciousness achieve resonance with Jesus consciousness in agape love (which cannot be faked).This resonance does NOT require any bowing to the non-existent ego needs of Jesus (by Name) . . . so not knowing of Jesus is irrelevant. The fate of consciousnesses that fail to achieve this minimal resonance in agape love is uncertain . . . but I doubt it is pleasant. Recycling is not out of the question.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:22 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
So all those people (The Pagans and Hindus and more) who were around BEFORE Christ came all went to Hell, I assume?
Nobody has gone to hell yet. Supposedly, all of our souls are waiting for the return of Jesus, at which time the souls that are saved will go to heaven and the souls that are not will go to hell.

I was told by a learned religious person that the souls of the dead "pre Jesus" will have the opportunity to accept Him as their savior before the final decision is made, they won't be left out and not given the opportunity to go to heaven.

Of course, it's all a lie, IMHO.

20yrsinBranson

Last edited by 20yrsinBranson; 04-20-2009 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: fix typo

Old 04-22-2009, 09:15 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
No. None of them went to Hell because nobody's in Hell at this point. Jesus Christ himself (i.e. in spirit form) preached to the spirits of the wicked who had died and were awaiting His coming in the Spirit Prison. If they accepted His message and repented of their sins, they would have been released from this prison (a state of mind, actually, since it would be impossible to imprison a spirit) and would have continued to await their own resurrections in Paradise. Those who had lived good lives would have been (and still are) in Paradise. It won't be until Christ's Second Coming that anyone will go to either Heaven or Hell.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:04 PM

651 posts, read 1,416,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I'll answer your question. This is the first I've opened this thread. Before Christ came everyone did have laws of their own, whether they were Jew or Gentile. When Christ was dead for 3 days, He went to the spirits in prison and preached to them (1 Peter 3:18-20 and 1 Peter 4:5-6). Everyone who had died prior to Jesus' coming had the chance to hear the gospel. They could either accept it or reject it, just as everyone can today.
How convenient.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:12 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
How convenient.
Hey, all you atheists out there that ask why we don't answer some of your questions... this right here is why. You ask a question, we answer it, and then we get a smart-alec remark such as this. She just proved our point perfectly.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
This is the one of the most ignorant statements I've ever read. How in the world could it be scientific fact that there is no heaven or hell, when no one has come back from the dead to tell us?[/quote]

I must say you have just answered your own question, you're right, no one has come back to tell anyone whether there is a heaven or hell and at the same time no one has come back to tell you that there is not a heaven or hell, so at this point nobody really knows one way or the other.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:43 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
"... at this point ..."

fragmented thoughts ....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality