Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2009, 09:28 PM

54 posts, read 112,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Now you are talking about Jesus, I suppose?

Because we were talking about God.

You know why the Old Testi talks about Jesus? Because one day a few thousand years ago I told someone it would happen. Then he told some one who told someone. Eventually, it ended up in the Bible. The people who wrote it all down lied about the Christian God being the source of that rumor. It was really me.

But you have to really want to believe that he is the son of God to say that he fullfilled 300 prophesies. Most of them would apply to just about anyone. And of course you have to ignore all the stuff that didn't happen like it was said.

Plus, a lot of the stuff in the bible was made up years later.

Finally, I am an all powerful God. Do you think I couldn't find a way to have that book written to fool you?
keep saying, you are God, is such disrespect, that It wouldnt surprise me if you felt a slight warning ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Yes He flooded the earth, but He didn't destroy it. It's still the same earth that He created in the beginning.
I am wondering is that where all the dinasaurs went??? I found fossils of horse teeth on the beach, by the gulf of mexico where I live. I had it looked at and the man said it was billions of years old, so horses(teeth) being in the ocean, does that mean it was before God created the waters??I am still learning.. I prayed to god to lead me to things that will help me understaand it all. I am just learning..

Old 04-22-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
I wouldn't know how to begin to provide data, analyses or spreadsheets on a relationship or trust. It's sort of like if you tell your daughter that you and she are going shopping for a dress in two days. Unless you've totally lied to her in the past and she can't trust you, she looks forward to going with you, she plans the color of the dress, what her friends will say about it. She doesn't ask you for a financial statement, data, analyses or other legal documents to prove it. She trusts you and believes you because you have never given her any reason to, and because you are responsible for her.

If you don't want the relationship, that's up to you. If you don't want to believe what the Bible says, that's up to you too. Your denial of its veracity is only denying the Author. If you don't think it's true or wonder about it, then why be on here at all.

As far as which version? Just pick up one that says "Holy Bible" on the front and try to live it. If you don't deem that necessary, good for you.

Off to the dentist
They say to read proverbs first when learning, then psallms.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:13 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
The Old Testament wasn't always accurate. I saw the guys writing it, and they made some mistakes. You need to know that the first big mistake is when they said you should trust all the scriptures. They were speaking just in general, and didn't know you guys would think they meant that you should believe everything that happen to be put into this little black book. Because not all of the scriptures are true. Believe me, I'm God, and I am specifically telling you that not everything in the Bible is true.

Besides, why believe what the bible says, when you can believe what I'm saying? Get your information from the source.
If you didn't know us guys would think a certain way, you can't be much of a God, because the God I worship, knows all things. I think I will get my information from the source that knows all things, and it's obvious, your not it. LOL

Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If you didn't know us guys would think a certain way, you can't be much of a God, because the God I worship, knows all things. I think I will get my information from the source that knows all things, and it's obvious, your not it. LOL
Boxcar revealed Himself to me last night. He told me you were going to say EXACTLY that!

Old 04-23-2009, 04:33 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
^^^ revealed Himself in a vision, I mean.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:00 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Boxcar revealed Himself to me last night. He told me you were going to say EXACTLY that!
but of course he did, you were at his midnight Tent Revival.

http://www.boxcarpreachers.com/images/bcp_nav_logo.jpg (broken link)

It's been rumored the experience is absolutely

Mystical

Old 04-23-2009, 10:16 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
i'm still waiting for that proof!!!!! that the bible is telling the truth

Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i'm still waiting for that proof!!!!! that the bible is telling the truth
Perhaps you can tell us why it's not since you opened the thread.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:29 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Perhaps you can tell us why it's not since you opened the thread.
????????????is it real or is it memorex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality