Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:45 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
If those stories are true...you do realize they are definitely not the norm for Christians, right?
If those stories are true. Well, I suppose that it is the internet, so I guess that is a valid point, but it still seems a bit...I don't know. I've been on this forum for three years, but don't come into this area a lot. If you read some of my previous posts you'll see how honest I am. For the longest time, under my moniker it said, "My aim is true."

So yes, the stories are true and I especially wish the one about my daughter's birthday party was not.

In all fairness, I mostly come across nice Christians. Living in the Bible belt, there are LOTS of Christians, so your chances are pretty high that you are going to run across some jerks. The co-worker chasing me around the office was more than likely a co-worker who is nuts. I seriously doubt it had anything to do with being a Christian.

Prejudiced Christians are about 30/70 in my experience. Most are not that way, but there are still so many that can spout Bible verses and turn around and drop the "N" word. And these are not only older people.

But there really is a pack mentality here. Strong, in-your-face Christians are the majority and they know it. That's why a herd of third-graders can gang up on my kid over Christianity at recess.

Let me ask you this. If your child attended school with another that was not Christian, would you let him/her go to their birthday party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 10:37 AM

89 posts, read 247,571 times
hiknapster, I'm so sorry to hear about your experiences. They confirm my family's decision to keep our non-beliefs to ourselves as much as possible. Like you, I'm most concerned for my children and how they'll be treated by Christians who might discover/realize that we're not believers.

I'm especially perplexed at how some Christians can reconcile a belief in God and Jesus with their racism. Oh, they somehow convince themselves that they're not racists, but they're only fooling themselves.

In fairness, I have to say that most of the Christians I know are not racist. But I also have to note that all of the racists I know are Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality