Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 AM

55 posts, read 66,873 times

Advertisements

hello>>>can you talk about your religon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 09:56 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
There are lots of religions here. Which one do you want?

Old 06-04-2009, 10:58 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,633 times
I have no religion, although my religious affiliation would be atheist, which is nothing but the lack of belief in gods. Philosophically, I would consider myself a secular humanist. Here's a list of some of the beliefs and values of secular humanists:

1. No recognition of god, the afterlife or other supernatural claims. Most if not all secular humanists are atheist or agnostic.
2. Good morals are formed by reason and the scientific method rather than tradition or dogma. Someone does not need the belief in the supernatural to be moral and many morals that are given in many religions are more regressive rather than progressive.
3. Living this life to fullest rather than concerning onesself with pursuit of an afterlife.
4. Place emphasis on science, freethought and reason.
5. advocate seperation of church and state.
6. Want a secular(meaning one that is not biased by religion or antireligion) government.
7.Want parents to give their children the freedom to think for themselves rather than indoctrinating them into the parents creed or religion.
8. Abolish discrimination based on race, religion, ethnic origin, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
9. Pro affirmative action and anti racial profiling.
10. Want children to have a good education so that they may have the ability to better themselves.
11. Advocate teaching science rather than myth in schools(ie teaching the science of evolution rather than the myth of intelligent design)
12. Advocate the equal rights of all humans(ie women and gays).
13. want children to have loving parents-ones that will not abuse their children Also let someone be a parent irregardless of sexual orientation.
14. Places the human at the center and of the most importance rather than gods and supernatural beliefs.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:15 AM

Reverend1111"about your religon

Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 AM

I agree with all you said, however, I believe in one God. My beliefs are Divine Love Christianity and I believe that Divine Love is what saves from sin. Everything else is extra. Doing what is righteous and for the good of humanity is a good way to live without all the religous stuff. I don't care what others believe nor do I care what they think of my beliefs.
I live in the present and never worry about the yesterdays or the future. Pretty simple.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:37 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
I have no religion...I follow the lessons and examples of Christ..I believe He existed, and was from His Father (God) I believe in the doctrine of Christ not the doctrines of man and his religions..I am comfortable worshipping with any one in religions though, because I believe His church is spiritual and there are members everywhere..I also believe that we were all created with a spiritual place within us for Him to reside if we are willing

Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
I have no religion, although my religious affiliation would be atheist, which is nothing but the lack of belief in gods. Philosophically, I would consider myself a secular humanist. Here's a list of some of the beliefs and values of secular humanists:

1. No recognition of god, the afterlife or other supernatural claims. Most if not all secular humanists are atheist or agnostic.
2. Good morals are formed by reason and the scientific method rather than tradition or dogma. Someone does not need the belief in the supernatural to be moral and many morals that are given in many religions are more regressive rather than progressive.
3. Living this life to fullest rather than concerning onesself with pursuit of an afterlife.
4. Place emphasis on science, freethought and reason.
5. advocate seperation of church and state.
6. Want a secular(meaning one that is not biased by religion or antireligion) government.
7.Want parents to give their children the freedom to think for themselves rather than indoctrinating them into the parents creed or religion.
8. Abolish discrimination based on race, religion, ethnic origin, gender, disability or sexual orientation.
9. Pro affirmative action and anti racial profiling.
10. Want children to have a good education so that they may have the ability to better themselves.
11. Advocate teaching science rather than myth in schools(ie teaching the science of evolution rather than the myth of intelligent design)
12. Advocate the equal rights of all humans(ie women and gays).
13. want children to have loving parents-ones that will not abuse their children Also let someone be a parent irregardless of sexual orientation.
14. Places the human at the center and of the most importance rather than gods and supernatural beliefs.
NO>>>NO>>>you you must to believe the god >>why some peoples dies with a bad smell and a black face although their faces was white because these wrote in god book you will live a bad life , you does not happy right ? I will help you I want you to live happy life

Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 AM

In my post I meant to say I agree with what agnostic soldier said. Oops, sorry!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:42 PM

ok I am not christian or
laity
I am muslim we follow god by HOLY Quran and I am very happy in God book says that christian like you for this I will ask you to follow islam in this religion all
problem have solution
it is a simple religion and you will be happy it is moral religion for example
; 1- you must respect your parents
2-you must visit your family
3- you must take some food to poor person
4- you must respect other religions
5- you must spare animals
this a part from my religion when you do what god said you will enter paradise>>
any one want to ask me I am ready
please listen me I want to help you

Old 06-04-2009, 01:44 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,017,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMOK View Post
NO>>>NO>>>you you must to believe the god >>why some peoples dies with a bad smell and a black face although their faces was white because these wrote in god book you will live a bad life , you does not happy right ? I will help you I want you to live happy life
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious, although I'll assume you're serious. While the belief in god gives happiness, morality and fulfillment to many people, nonreligious philosophies(ie secular humanism) does the same for others. It tends to be more of a value judgement that someone would be immoral or unhappy if they do not hold a belief in god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality