Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 02:10 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times

Advertisements

I tried a few online concordance, but didn't find a good example of satan in the OT. Can you provide any reference for me to peek at or a particular passage. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
satan is in the Jewish text, in the prophets---Jeremiah and Zechariah

Old 04-02-2007, 02:13 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Symetrical View Post
Sweetie If you Truly believe this, try not to judge others.
Respect their beliefs as you would want them to respect yours

"By their LOVE(not animosity nor hatred)You shall know my people"

"Judge Not, Lest Ye be Judged..."
"I am with you(believer or not) Till the end of Time"(there is no end)
Who's judging? And it's typical of non-believers to misquote the Bible such as you have to twist it to suit your argument. To all those seeking the Truth: ignore this person's post, please. Would you also like a copy of the book? Seems I've become Amazon.com. Oh, and don't think I won't be sending you guys a copy of "The Other Book" too!!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:16 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Fair enough...I will be glad to do the same for you as GBG. And I knew you were lying about reading it.
Not a good attitude there. I wasn't lying, I misunderstood what you were wanting us to read. Anyway, I will give you my address on a PM, if you will be kind enough to send it. If you want it back, just let me know where to send it.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntosado View Post
Northsouth,
One of the most important lessons you need to learn is that God wants His people with an open and willing heart. We are to speak with truth and love in our hearts, not turn people off by comments that only put others on the defensive. We should also lead by example. If God does not force us to believe who are we to push our beliefs on others. God gives us all a choice to accept or reject Him. If I were not a believer I would have been totally turned off by your thread. Also, bear in mind that we are responsible for sharing our beliefs with love and respect and we are to leave the consequences of our sharing to God. Anything else would imply that we do not trust God with the seeds we "plant."
Uh, what? Did Ghandi get re-incarnated? You obviously aren't a "believer". I'm bearing in mind that I haven't a clue as to how I did not share everything with love and respect. I spoke the truth, and that can be a little scary. You can't sugar coat Hell.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:19 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
The original post is mostly why I dont participate in religion. Anything that says you do as we say or live as we say or go to hell, just doesnt do it for me.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:20 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,300 times
Am quite far from seeking answers, as a retired born again Christian I have been down that road, bought the T shirt and gave it all up to pursue young ladies of questionable virtue.

Quote:
Okay. Just let me ask you this...if there were a heaven and a hell and you died today, do you know where you would go? Doesn't it just make more sense to assume that there is an after life and live like there is a God, rather than run the risk of living like there is no God and finding out you were wrong and spending ETERNITY (not just 70 or 80 years as in this life) in hell? I can see that plainly you want answers from me and you're probably not going to read Mark's book, so fire away.
So's I die I stand in front of the throne for judgement, God says, You don't measure up, I says, You don't like the fruits of my life? Send me to the down escalator, I go with my head held high. Standing on my own two feet.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I read the "book" that you are describing. There's nothing new that I haven't heard before. What are you suggesting will provide "all the answers"?
This pretty much sounds like a lie to me since you posted another thread admitting you didn't read it. You really do contradict yourself. I will be glad to send you the book...just send me a private message. No need to return it, just pass it on. It's been my experience that those with the most questions are starving for the Truth. I just want to help...I want you to go to Heaven!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
The original post is mostly why I dont participate in religion. Anything that says you do as we say or live as we say or go to hell, just doesnt do it for me.
It's not about what "does it for you". It's so not about you or any of us. It's about what it so much bigger than us that our brains just can't even take it in. We'd rather go through our whole lives in a state of denial rather than admit that someone greater than us created us. It's not about religion, politics, or anything of this world, at all. It's so simple yet we make it so complicated. Forget hell for a minute. Look around you. Does the theory of evolution explain anything? It is the most unbelievably stupid "theory", short of "the big bang". Please stop denying, justifying and hiding. God is a loving God and He wants you with him for all of eternity: all He asks is that you simply receive and accept that His Son died for you. What a sacrifice!

Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Am quite far from seeking answers, as a retired born again Christian I have been down that road, bought the T shirt and gave it all up to pursue young ladies of questionable virtue.

So's I die I stand in front of the throne for judgement, God says, You don't measure up, I says, You don't like the fruits of my life? Send me to the down escalator, I go with my head held high. Standing on my own two feet.
You are quite the challenge. It is so much easier to be bad than good. It's easy to defy God when you can't see him. You won't be standing on "your own two feet", you will be on your knees begging, to no avail.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
It's not about what "does it for you". It's so not about you or any of us. It's about what it so much bigger than us that our brains just can't even take it in. We'd rather go through our whole lives in a state of denial rather than admit that someone greater than us created us. It's not about religion, politics, or anything of this world, at all. It's so simple yet we make it so complicated. Forget hell for a minute. Look around you. Does the theory of evolution explain anything? It is the most unbelievably stupid "theory", short of "the big bang". Please stop denying, justifying and hiding. God is a loving God and He wants you with him for all of eternity: all He asks is that you simply receive and accept that His Son died for you. What a sacrifice!
I dont think it (evolution) is any more unbelievely stupid an idea than that man comes from dirt and a woman his rib. Or the idea of talking snakes or Noahs ark or parting of the red sea or walking on water or a burning bush!!! I just dont buy the whole earthlis 7000 years old, sorry cant rule out science on that one. Or the violent rules that sometimes apply in the bible or the fact I havent met one non judgemental christian yet. Or the fact there are so many discrepincies in the bible and gospels left out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality