Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 07:01 AM

325 posts, read 1,408,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipbaker View Post
I am a Christian and I don't think you are going to hell. I think you will go to heaven just like millions of others who are shocked to learn upon ariving that Jesus is the only door to the heavenly hereafter. And you will be accepted based on your trust in The Being of Light that you will meet for the second time because you once knew Him before you volenteered to come to this earth and live a lifetime.

skipbaker@cox.net
Huh?!?

Old 04-03-2007, 07:04 AM

325 posts, read 1,408,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Yawn,, why do Christians feel the need to witness, is this a compulsion with the type of person who becomes a Christian.
No it's not a "compulsion." It's simply a command from Jesus to proclaim the Gospel.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:23 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu99 View Post
Huh?!?
Huh? I'm too !

Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 AM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipbaker View Post
I am a Christian and I don't think you are going to hell. I think you will go to heaven just like millions of others who are shocked to learn upon ariving that Jesus is the only door to the heavenly hereafter. And you will be accepted based on your trust in The Being of Light that you will meet for the second time because you once knew Him before you volenteered to come to this earth and live a lifetime.

skipbaker@cox.net
Me too....huh??? If you believe the Bible this is not true. You will only be accepted based on your trust in JESUS.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:01 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,794,345 times
[quote=YapCity;527785]You are purveying falsehoods and fairy-tales. How in the world COULD one assemble a rational argument against that which is completely irrational?

The debate on religion has been DONE. There are those that believe, and those that don't believe. I say if it gets you through your day, have at it. Just keep it out of my face, because I'm not interested.

Sounds fair to me.

I wasn't going to respond to any of these posts because I don't have time, but I have to respond to this one. I am not purveying anything except the truth. You just can't handle it. I'm not in your face...you chose to respond, which shows me that you are questioning yourself and your "rationalities". I'm going to post some excerpts from the Bible, and I'll respond to you guys later. Trust me, this is all out of love and concern for you. I may be sarcastic and forthright, but I have to get your attention somehow.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:09 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
[quote=Northsouth;530254]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
You are purveying falsehoods and fairy-tales. How in the world COULD one assemble a rational argument against that which is completely irrational?

The debate on religion has been DONE. There are those that believe, and those that don't believe. I say if it gets you through your day, have at it. Just keep it out of my face, because I'm not interested.

Sounds fair to me.

I wasn't going to respond to any of these posts because I don't have time, but I have to respond to this one. I am not purveying anything except the truth. You just can't handle it. I'm not in your face...you chose to respond, which shows me that you are questioning yourself and your "rationalities". I'm going to post some excerpts from the Bible, and I'll respond to you guys later. Trust me, this is all out of love and concern for you. I may be sarcastic and forthright, but I have to get your attention somehow.

dont worry about us, be concerned for yourself. Nothing you are saying is the way to go about bring us into the fold. If we wanted it we would seek it out. I dont need hand holding.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:11 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,827 times
Quote:
I either one are so naive to think that we can convince you become a Christian if you are really "dyed in the wool" atheist or even real firmly entrenched in agnosticism, but maybe we ARE going after people who are legitmately seeking.
I think you guys like to put people in categories, I am neither an athiest nor an agnostic, I just figure there are better things to do with my time than live my life having a relationship with a supernatural being that doesn't do dishes. And stop "going after people" it makes most people want to barf.

Worst thing Jesus said was for people to go out and spread the word. I like the Jews,, they don't proselityze, than god.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,794,345 times
Okay, darlings. Just some very useful information to give you something to think about and I'll also give you time to come up with witty and combative responses. These verses are from the NIV, simply because it's easier to understand. I prefer the KJV, but I need for you to understand more than I need every word to be as originally written.

"
"When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?"

"He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. -- The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith."

"Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke, and encourage -- with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desire, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come." -- "It will be good for those servants whose master finds them watching when He comes." -- While we wait for the blessed hope-the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ."

Luke 18:8, John 1:11, 1 Tim 4:1, 2 Tim 4:2-4, Mark 13:32-33, Luke 12:37, Titus 2:13.

All you have to do is look around you at this marvelous world and it's beauty to know we have a Creator, no blind faith required. The Bible is as relevant today as it was 2000 years ago. One more verse I would like to leave you with:

"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness." 2 Peter 3:8-9.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:32 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
You're right NorthSouth, if people didn't want to be preached to, for lack of a better phrase, they needn't respond to your thread, in this case. However, there are those who will ask a question and when answered start preaching back. These are the Christians who are most annoying.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:38 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,534 times
All religious groups have people who are less than tolerable, but if you see it from their angle and try not to judge them, you might be able to toerate them as well, after all, shouldn't we tolerate everyone? Christians and I use that term rather loosely truly believe they are helping you, they fear for your soul, they want to help, they are not "trying" to hurt people, at least they care bout people and want to help them. Some even go door to door and I won't shut the door on them, I let them talk, they are doing their good works perhaps. I really do not understand why people hate them so much today and have always for that fact.

Other religious people too, they are just going by what they grew up or were convinced that is the truth. And some of us do not know where we are and where we stand on any issue of religion, present company included. I say if you do not like the propseying or whoever you spell that, just hit ignore or try to see it through their eyes, most are not trying to mean about it, some just get overzealous cause they been trained to be that way in their mind.

I too, however have been less than nice, and I regret that, I rather just people be and live how they see fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality