Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 12:23 PM

21,897 posts, read 19,043,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Thank you for that non-reply. I need no education from you in education, learning, questioning, or listening. I do all 4 perfectly ok. But notice what happens when I do "keep asking". I ask you for the substantiation for the claim you made.... and I get nothing but empty replies.
I have full confidence in your innate intelligence and capability to acquire wisdom by participating in the process, rather than being spoon-fed.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-05-2015 at 01:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 09:37 PM

1,422 posts, read 946,206 times
Yep. The experiences, whether brain-created or sourced from something else, are something I will always be grateful for having. I think it is about time I had more.

Old 08-06-2015, 05:54 PM

7,991 posts, read 12,224,315 times
Hi folks!

This thread really needs to get back ON TOPIC, okay? Thanks!!!

~June

Old 08-07-2015, 08:17 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,538,348 times
I had an out-of-body experience before. One time, a good friend and I were taking bong hits and I was getting sufficiently blazed off my face. At one point, I saw myself sitting on the couch while I was standing in the corner. It was a flash moment that didn't last long. I was actually sitting on the couch the whole time, so I'm not sure how I saw myself from the corner, but it was so realistic as I was evaluating myself from a distance. The funny thing was that it didn't shock or scare me. I just took it as part of the experience.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:48 PM

18,423 posts, read 9,052,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
I had an out-of-body experience before. One time, a good friend and I were taking bong hits and I was getting sufficiently blazed off my face. At one point, I saw myself sitting on the couch while I was standing in the corner. It was a flash moment that didn't last long. I was actually sitting on the couch the whole time, so I'm not sure how I saw myself from the corner, but it was so realistic as I was evaluating myself from a distance. The funny thing was that it didn't shock or scare me. I just took it as part of the experience.
That's proof for an afterlife in my book.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
When you were evaluating yourself ( or the body you identify with as being your 'self') what thoughts were you having in relation to the evaluation?

Old 08-08-2015, 02:24 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,343,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
I have full confidence in your innate intelligence and capability to acquire wisdom by participating in the process, rather than being spoon-fed.
indeed which is why I know so much about the topic of this thread. Which is about people having OOBEs. And lots of people have. And anyone on the thread CAN have minor versions of one too. I already mentioned the little experiment you can very very easily do to feel your own arm is not your arm and someone elses (or a fake one) is. Which is a minor version of an OBE but no less a valid one.

As we can see from your replies there is no evidence that anyone HAS actually left their body, but to talk to the topic of the actual thread.... the fact is many people have them, can have them or smaller versions of them quite easily, and we know now how to artificially stimulate them through medical and physical means, or even by meditation.

I can not repeat my recommendation enough to try the OOBE arm experiment. While not causing you to totally go out of your own body, only part of it, it is a very powerful experience and it can give very powerful insight into why people can be so moved by such an experience to feel that they, or others, actually have left their bodies.

It is an absolutely amazing experience to look at an arm, to know intellectually in every way that it is not your arm, but to have your own brain struggle valiantly to tell you it is.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:00 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,303,741 times
Quote:
indeed which is why I know so much about the topic of this thread. Which is about people having OOBEs. And lots of people have. And anyone on the thread CAN have minor versions of one too. I already mentioned the little experiment you can very very easily do to feel your own arm is not your arm and someone elses (or a fake one) is. Which is a minor version of an OBE but no less a valid one.

As we can see from your replies there is no evidence that anyone HAS actually left their body, but to talk to the topic of the actual thread.... the fact is many people have them, can have them or smaller versions of them quite easily, and we know now how to artificially stimulate them through medical and physical means, or even by meditation.

I can not repeat my recommendation enough to try the OOBE arm experiment. While not causing you to totally go out of your own body, only part of it, it is a very powerful experience and it can give very powerful insight into why people can be so moved by such an experience to feel that they, or others, actually have left their bodies.

It is an absolutely amazing experience to look at an arm, to know intellectually in every way that it is not your arm, but to have your own brain struggle valiantly to tell you it is.
My experience was visual as well as being a physical sensation of being outside my body. I actually saw myself and the scene from 2 different vantage points other than where I was physically. First I saw myself, specifically my face. Then I saw the whole scene from a fair distance above (I was in a large cathedral-like church). Since, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am "mentally blind", I do wonder how I was able to actually "see" the scene from a different perspective than where I was physically.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:14 PM

7,801 posts, read 6,343,605 times
Too much to evaluate from anecdote, and entirely off topic it seems from the mod post above which is to discuss having the experiences and not evaluating those of others. Perhaps we can discuss it on another thread. There are any number of answers to your query.

By all means discuss the scene and experience further however.

Old 08-08-2015, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I think that is why I was specifically asking of a self evaluation from the ones experiencing their OOBEs.

I suspect that the experiences done in labs as 'experiments' might be way different from the normal experiences had, let alone the extremely unusual ones.

Quote:

As profoundly obvious that might appear to be, it is not of course the only explanation. The topic of the thread is Has Anyone Here Ever Had An Out Of Body Experience? not Has Anyone Here Ever Had An "artificially stimulated"Out Of Body Experience?

World of difference by all accounts.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality