Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:51 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,384,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Babies do not go to hell And yes you might want to re-read Romans 1:20 so here it is...."From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. SO THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER FOR NOT KNOWING GOD".
Unfortunately we see the most devote religious right-winged fundamentalists out there practicing every vile foul thing the Bible condemns, yet these same people who believe they're saved no matter what because it's okay as long as you keep believing on the Lord Jesus.

It really kinda takes the wind out of the sail with regards that scripture.

Does'nt it!!!

Some of these people must believe God is a complete imbecile!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 AM

23,000 posts, read 34,287,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Unfortunately we see the most devote religious right-winged fundamentalists out there practicing every vile foul thing the Bible condemns, yet these same people who believe they're saved no matter what because it's okay as long as you keep believing on the Lord Jesus.

It really kinda takes the wind out of the sail with regards that scripture.

Does'nt it!!!

Some of these people must believe God is a complete imbecile!
No it doesn't take anything away from that Scripture. It just means they are not living the life of a Christian and probably are not even saved.

Titus 1:16 "Such people claim they know God, but they deny Him by the way they live. They are despicable and disobedient, worthless for doing anything good".

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 04-30-2009 at 11:54 AM..

Old 04-30-2009, 03:51 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,122,257 times
I believe "hell" is the fire of God (He is a consuming fire, Heb 12:29), which He does subject all people to, to accomplish the goal stated in Gen 1:26...

"Let us make man in our image."

Old 04-30-2009, 04:46 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,472,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Babies do not go to hell And yes you might want to re-read Romans 1:20 so here it is...."From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. SO THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER FOR NOT KNOWING GOD".
Is it just the pretty things of creation that give evidence of your god? I keep thinking of roaches, flies, mosquitos, maggots, venomous snakes, as well as earthquakes, floods, tsunamis and other things that make like hard and even miserable. Do those things give evidence for god? http://malevolentdesign.org/

And as for babies not going to hell, that is something Christians don't agree on. Plus, as I've said before, if your "loving" god can send anyone to hell to suffer eternally for the finite sins of this short, sad life, then its not a stretch to think he could do the same to an infant.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:18 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,384,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Is it just the pretty things of creation that give evidence of your god? I keep thinking of roaches, flies, mosquitos, maggots, venomous snakes, as well as earthquakes, floods, tsunamis and other things that make like hard and even miserable. Do those things give evidence for god? Malevolent Design: The Death of a Loving God (God is evil. Any questions?)

And as for babies not going to hell, that is something Christians don't agree on. Plus, as I've said before, if your "loving" god can send anyone to hell to suffer eternally for the finite sins of this short, sad life, then its not a stretch to think he could do the same to an infant.
It's sad, but I can tell you that you won't get anywhere. It's a self-righteous attitude that they are saved and the ONLY thing that matters is that they know for a FACT that you and I are headed to that proverbial Hell in a handbasket. Bottom line is, anyone perpetuating that lie won't be attaining any type of life. What the Reverend, Pastor, Priest says is more almightier than God himself. In the not so distant future here, the secular side will thoroughly expose them for what they really are and in the end, that is all that matters.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:51 AM

19 posts, read 37,185 times
Christians believe that man is born with sin.

Ergo babies are sinful.

Babies do not have the fundamental capacity to understand God, much less believe in him.

Ergo people that die as infants, before they have the chance to know God, are sent to hell.

If you say otherwise, you are simply trying to reduce the load of the cognitive dissonance in your mind.

Or you're not a believer.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:32 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,338,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Is it just the pretty things of creation that give evidence of your god? I keep thinking of roaches, flies, mosquitos, maggots, venomous snakes, as well as earthquakes, floods, tsunamis and other things that make like hard and even miserable. Do those things give evidence for god? Malevolent Design: The Death of a Loving God (God is evil.* Any questions?)

First, the above paragraph just show what kind of person you are. Second, I don't know any Christians that say babies will go to hell if they die. None.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaptruder View Post
Christians believe that man is born with sin.

Ergo babies are sinful.

Babies do not have the fundamental capacity to understand God, much less believe in him.

Ergo people that die as infants, before they have the chance to know God, are sent to hell.

If you say otherwise, you are simply trying to reduce the load of the cognitive dissonance in your mind.

Or you're not a believer.
You need to get your facts straight. I am a Christian and I do NOT believe men are born with sin. I think that's mostly Catholics.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:53 AM

19 posts, read 37,185 times
Haha. Christians have so many denominations that spew so many different variations of the 'truth' that the specifics of the facts are the last thing I'd worry about.

But for what it's worth, I was methodist, and to the best of my abilities recall my pastor saying stuff about man been born with original sin as well (i.e. the sin of adam eating the apple).

Old 05-01-2009, 07:15 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,338,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaptruder View Post
Haha. Christians have so many denominations that spew so many different variations of the 'truth' that the specifics of the facts are the last thing I'd worry about.

But for what it's worth, I was methodist, and to the best of my abilities recall my pastor saying stuff about man been born with original sin as well (i.e. the sin of adam eating the apple).
All denominations that baptize babies believe this.

ETA: Churches that are close to the Catholic teachings are usually the ones who baptized babies. If you read the book of Acts though, baptism follows faith. The NT also teaches us to become like children...if they were sinful, why would we be told to become like them?

As for "original sin", even the OT says the child will not be held accountable for the father's sins.

Last edited by mzjamiedawn; 05-01-2009 at 08:19 AM..

Old 05-01-2009, 07:28 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,472,371 times
Quote:
First, the above paragraph just show what kind of person you are. Second, I don't know any Christians that say babies will go to hell if they die. None.
What kind of person am I? Speak please. And as for babies in hell, of course you don't know any; its fallen out of fashion, just like you won't find many Christians now who support slavery. I should've been more clear in my previous post though; I should've said that Christians don't all believe in the so-called "age of accountability" doctrine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality