Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 04:48 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times

Advertisements

slashsdfz,
If the soul is located in the heart what happens to a person who has a heart transplant? Just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 04:59 PM

4,574 posts, read 7,498,039 times
I doubt it. I think the afterlife is a myth.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:37 PM

378 posts, read 625,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Wishing and believing it to be true does NOT constitute proof, neither does mention in an old book of myths. and......astral projection has been debunked many, many times.
No one who has experienced astral projection believes it. They accept they experienced it. It's the same with me. I accept astral travel like I accept trees are outside. It's not people's fault if they experienced astral travel. They don't even have to believe it or know about it to do it unintentionally. If you think astral travel doesn't exist, you are ignorant. It's just that simple.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:52 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
17271 wrote:
Quote:
If you think astral travel doesn't exist, you are ignorant. It's just that simple.
I guess I'm just really dumb but could you present any evidence that it's real?

Old 05-03-2009, 07:21 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
No one who has experienced astral projection believes it. They accept they experienced it. It's the same with me. I accept astral travel like I accept trees are outside. It's not people's fault if they experienced astral travel. They don't even have to believe it or know about it to do it unintentionally. If you think astral travel doesn't exist, you are ignorant. It's just that simple.
Have you traveled that way? Where did you go? If it's true it's going to devastate the airlines!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:51 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
The afterlife DOES exist. Whether it's Heaven or Hell or not, it's real. Whether or not you believe it is fine, but the fact is, when you die your spirit will live on. There is absolutely nothing you can do about this.

Victor Zammit describes best what happens to someone who disbelieves in the afterlife. They will simply be in a realm of "nothingness" that could last thousands of years until someone from the lighter realm takes them and shows them it's real. Now, most atheists do not believe in the afterlife - they say it's to "comfort" humans, it's like "before being born", you know - all that. However, atheists - if you want "proof to believe", then explain spirits, souls, ghosts, NDE's, EVP's, OOB's, mediums, people who communicate with the dead, astral planes, focus levels - I can go on and on with evidence that points to yes. But when I look at evidence for no afterlife, there is none. Nothing. Why do atheists NOT believe in the afterlife if there's no evidence to support it NOT exisiting yet there's tons of evidence pointing to it? Is it because Richard Dawkins said so, and all the other scientists? I thought atheists were supposed to believe in anything that can be proven? Do you choose not to believe because it's just too good for you? Are you scared of it? Are you scared of living your daily life? If not, then you shouldn't be afraid of the afterlife. Since mankinds beginning every generation has believed in some sort of afterlife.

As far as astral levels see:

YouTube - Interview with a Spirit Guide/ Astral Planes.

NDE's are real. Speculators say it's brain activity while we have thousands experincing similar things during an NDE. Just think about how complex the human brain is. We all think differently. We all get sad and happy differently. We all know differently. We all do differently. No one's brain is the same. If no one's brain is the same, how do thousands experience the same exact thing? Hell, I can go to a sad movie and everyone in the theater will react differently. Some may cry, some may be sad and stay quiet, some may be happy, some may start shouting, etc. Some people "die" and don't remember anything. They did experience it, they just don't remember. There mind may have been erased to NOT remember. Who knows? It's like dreaming at night. You dream every night, but some mornings you just don't know about what. Except, NDE's are real. Below is a story of a lady blind who had an NDE. Clinically blind, she described what she had saw.

YouTube - Near Death Experience - Blind woman SEES while OUT OF BODY

I want someone to scientifically prove there is no afterlife. It cannot be done. I can prove there is. You can prove to yourself there is by trying to reach those that have passed.
I don't believe in using this kind of method like using boards to contact spirits, but I do believe in the after life with Jesus when our body dies.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:29 PM

133 posts, read 276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
I don't believe in using this kind of method like using boards to contact spirits, but I do believe in the after life with Jesus when our body dies.
I believe it is possible to communicate with the dead. However, I do not think you're communicating with spirits in Heaven. I believe your communicating with spirits stuck on the earth plane that have yet to research the realm of light or the realm of darkness. I personally think it's dangerous in a sense, but it certainly, based on evidence I've seen, is real.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:31 PM

133 posts, read 276,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
slashsdfz,
If the soul is located in the heart what happens to a person who has a heart transplant? Just wondering.
If you blow a building up the matter and energy inside the building will still be there. If you take the heart out, the soul will still be there. That is silly quesiton to ask

Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
If you blow a building up the matter and energy inside the building will still be there. If you take the heart out, the soul will still be there. That is silly quesiton to ask

Is your soul able to think right now? Do you believe it is YOU, in the sense that you think it is responsible for the inner dialouge you presently have? Do you believe it has memories that exist seperate from the brain?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:14 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,698,972 times
Your argument can't be all that strong if you have to do it on an internet forum to a buncha faceless strangers. Why not submit your proposal to a University or Government body and present your case for study and prove your findings? Assuming it holds an ounce of sense to the powers that be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality