Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 12:53 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,929,816 times

Advertisements

Every religion has a "creation story." Some are more believable than others.

I believe in reincarnation, but am not affiliated with any religion, although I have studied many in a cursory way.

What do you imagine is the ultimate point of reincarnation of humans?

And, WHY do you think it is necessary to have multitudes of animals, insects, fish . . . and do you think all of these, including ants and amoebas reincarnate? And if so, what do you believe the point of an ant or even a dog's reincarnation would be?

If I were to imagine that as a human being I am here to learn lessons and gain knowledge, am I to assume my dog is also learning lessons and gaining knowledge? What kinds of lessons and knowledge would it be so important for him to learn? And what would be the ultimate point? And what would be the point of the ants outside be? . . . . Specifically related to reincarnation. . . .

Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 04:18 AM

267 posts, read 216,555 times
I believe in deja vu, I think I've said that before.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:53 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
I think the ultimate purpose for reincarnation in all species is soul evolution, and completing a universal energy cycle from unconsciousness to consciousness. By soul I just mean an individual consciousness that experiences multiple lifetimes throughout history. I don't know an ant's point for reincarnating, nor do I even know other human's...I think that is, at least to an extent, personally defined.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
"Twenty souls were lost at sea"- That is the original meaning of the word soul..It meant the life force- the mortal soul. The soul is not eternal. Once the life force is gone..the energy scatters and it is never re-composed after de-composition.

The only mention of re-incarnation that is mentioned by Jesus was when they questioned if Elijah would return- Jesus said that he came back and you killed him - meaning the killing of John the baptist. I believe there is genetic memory and a life time of memory can be stored in DNA...You will notice that a long dead uncle might re-appear in part in a child- but only in part.

The only thing that is eternal is spirit- the holy spirit- which is the essence of GOD- To accept and invite the holy spirit to reside in you like a good parasite..and you the host...must understand that it is to give up the old you and become new...This in my belief ....souls come and go- Spirit is forever...

As for genetic memory- as you age it becomes clear who you are..My father passed away when I was 18...There was a moment when I was crossing the street - I found myself walking with his gate...view the world as he did...for a moment I was him..

Those who are heavy into re-incarnation stick to the premise that energy can not be created or destroyed..which is fine- but when we are born we are composed...into the creatures we are..like a song. When we die we lay as a corpse and that song is de-composed.

The only hope for real re-birth if you want it - is to become the body of Christ..the son of man...who genetically speaking was the son of every man that ever lived...When he was being executed he said to God "Must I drink of this cup"- meaning must I have every thought of every man that ever lived run through my mind- Must I live the lives of all and suffer the death of all men that ever died- It must have been overwhelming...but he did it- wanting to absorb all the pain and all the fear in the world that ever was or ever will be- This was the overpowering of sin...

To be super natural and above common sin or nature- nature is sin- You must be super nature- The only way you can do this is allow and invite GOD to reside in you - as Jesus did..allow God to enjoy a physical existence...in turn- God preserves and saves you from sin and the all consuming natural world.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:51 PM

8,563 posts, read 10,984,238 times
The reason, plain and simple is, All spirits (souls) use all matter, be it human body, animal, insect,or other matter to further their goal for absolute purity,so that when their day of judgement is upon them, they will have the absolute purity needed to be with the almighty for eternity.
Re-incarnating into whatever source, is a journey the spirit must embark on to further it's goals, and along the way, learn, and progress.
This process of learning, and progression could take thousands of years, and as many re-incarnations.
The universe is made up of many different worlds, and earth is but one of many.
Spirits inhabit every world in the universe, and re-incarnation could take on any form, and in any world.
Bob.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The reason, plain and simple is, All spirits (souls) use all matter, be it human body, animal, insect,or other matter to further their goal for absolute purity,so that when their day of judgement is upon them, they will have the absolute purity needed to be with the almighty for eternity.
Re-incarnating into whatever source, is a journey the spirit must embark on to further it's goals, and along the way, learn, and progress.
This process of learning, and progression could take thousands of years, and as many re-incarnations.
The universe is made up of many different worlds, and earth is but one of many.
Spirits inhabit every world in the universe, and re-incarnation could take on any form, and in any world.
Bob.
And how do you know this?

Old 07-19-2012, 03:26 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,946 times
Jews believe that we continue to reincarnate until we "get it right." Then we go on to Olam Haba (the world to come). It often takes several lifetimes. Hashem just keeps putting our souls into new bodies until we compelete the job on earth.

When a baby dies young, for example, we say that his previous soul was most of the way there, and he just needed a little more time on earth to complete his "mission."

Not sure how this all applies to other animals, except that I do not believe they have souls. I would have to ask my local Orthodox Rabbi for more info on this...

Old 07-19-2012, 03:44 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post

What do you imagine is the ultimate point of reincarnation of humans?

And, WHY do you think it is necessary to have multitudes of animals, insects, fish . . . and do you think all of these, including ants and amoebas reincarnate? And if so, what do you believe the point of an ant or even a dog's reincarnation would be?
Not everything has a point. Some things just happen to be a particular way.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 PM

8,563 posts, read 10,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
And how do you know this?

Through many years studying the subject of spirituality.
Using scholars researched opinions, and books on the subject, my thoughts and beliefs mirror their opinions, and many of those opinions are carried out in our daily lives, which adds more credence to theirs, and my findings.
Bob

Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Through many years studying the subject of spirituality.
Using scholars researched opinions, and books on the subject, my thoughts and beliefs mirror their opinions, and many of those opinions are carried out in our daily lives, which adds more credence to theirs, and my findings.
Bob

Can you provide some sources, please?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality