Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:10 PM

857 posts, read 1,422,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
god has no desire for worship or subservience, those are inventions of humans, who have those ego needs themselves.

and there is no gender once the body is left behind
god has no gender, nor do our souls once they leave our physical human body

god contains both the feminine and masculine, perfectly blended and mixed; same as our souls. Again, gender belongs to the physical world, not the spiritual world.
If there is no gender then there is no sex, who wants a heaven w/o sex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 02:26 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
I really don't get it. Christians usually tell me that once you are in heaven, you will no longer see nor care about your friends and family at all and yet their idea of heaven includes being with them.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:15 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
My idea of heaven is a place where people use their brains, their common sense ,logic ,and their empathy and tolerance towards others as this would solve just about every big issue we have on this planet. A place where no human being is enslaved, exploited or abused ,where all people are equal , respected and allowed to bloom regardless of their differences. A place without hate, bigotry , war, poverty, slavery, violence and intolerance.

A place where the environment is not constantly being pillaged for our greed and lust for material things.

Somewhere we can all be who we are without fear of social ostracism , and rejection. Somewhere with no partisanship and division but one where our shared humanity unites us instead.

On a personal note heaven to me is being with loved ones, having a laugh, sharing a good intelligent discussion, surrounded by beauty and quiet, wildlife, nature, with access to culture and most of all heaven is endless travelling and good food. And dying having led a good decent and fulfilling life full of fun, love and laughter and lots of challenging experiences. Not having too many regrets would be great.
Moose, I'd be very interested to know who reps you

Old 05-04-2009, 04:30 PM

22,168 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Moose, I'd be very interested to know who reps you
i rep moose extensively! it's a love fest!

Old 05-04-2009, 04:35 PM

22,168 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
If there is no gender then there is no sex, who wants a heaven w/o sex
actually the feeling of the best sex you have ever had, or could ever imagine, is just a whisper of a hint of what divine love feels like. Truly. if there were no other incentive than that to cultivate my spiritual side, than that in itself would be enough

why do you think we were given such glorious feelings during sex to begin with? it's to make us want to go home to our divine origins

it's like giving a kid a fast sports car, you want them to have fun with it, but you hope eventually they use it to drive home and say hi

Old 05-04-2009, 04:36 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
i rep moose extensively! it's a love fest!
Appreciate your transparency

I was just messing around. Loooooong story.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:53 PM

810 posts, read 1,437,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
Heaven being up there and me staying on Earth.
I'm with ya!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ugh. I had a '151 incident' many years ago and now smelling it makes me a bit nauseous.

Maybe a Belvedere volcano...mmmm....
Make some Caribou Lou and 151 will become your best friend, despite bad experiences.

I have yet to meet a person who did not like Caribou Lou.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:11 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,099,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I really don't get it. Christians usually tell me that once you are in heaven, you will no longer see nor care about your friends and family at all and yet their idea of heaven includes being with them.
I've always believed that in Heaven you'll be reunited with your loved ones (family and friends) and I'm a Christian myself

Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,099,803 times
Another one of my perfect ideas of Heaven is going railfanning and seeing all of the US Railroad Companies going through each area and having the trains range from 5200 feet long to 9000 feet long, I always have a soft spot for them trains and I've always been a big fan of railfanning
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality