Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 04:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

Also cannibalism is encouraged in The Bible:

Leviticus 26:29 'Further, you will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters you will eat.

2 Kings 6:28 And the king said to her, "What is the matter with you?" And she answered, "This woman said to me, 'Give your son that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow.'

2 Kings 6:29 "So we boiled my son and ate him; and I said to her on the next day, 'Give your son, that we may eat him'; but she has hidden her son."

Jeremiah 19:9 "I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh in the siege and in the distress with which their enemies and those who seek their life will distress them."'

Lamentations 2:20 See, O LORD, and look! With whom have You dealt thus? Should women eat their offspring, The little ones who were born healthy? Should priest and prophet be slain In the sanctuary of the Lord?

Lamentations 4:10 The hands of compassionate women Boiled their own children; They became food for them Because of the destruction of the daughter of my people.

And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
This sort of thing just proves the point that religious folk are anti gay because someone else tells them to be. Have you ever considered that the bible might be wrong? The fact that the bible says something so, doesn't automatically make it so. You're listening to someone who would have you believe that you are made out of dirt, that snakes can talk and immaculate conception is a real thing. Also, do you consider slavery to be a moral act? If something is right or wrong because the bible says so, then logically you consider slavery to be moral.
Colossians 4:1
1 Timothy 6:1-3
Luke 12:45-48

If you think that slavery is wrong then you are defeating your own argument. Most christians consider slavery to be wrong. This idea goes against their religion though which means that there is something inherently flawed in their argument that something is wrong or right 'because the bible says so.' Religious folk like to think that homosexuality is wrong 'because the bible says so,' although in actuality they are cherrypicking which morals they will and won't follow.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:33 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,110,927 times
Just for a joke.

Genesis 38

Quote:
Then Judah said to Onan, "Lie with your brother's wife and fulfill your duty to her as a brother-in-law to produce offspring for your brother." But Onan knew that the offspring would not be his; so whenever he lay with his brother's wife, he spilled his semen on the ground to keep from producing offspring for his brother. What he did was wicked in the Lord 's sight; so he put him to death also.

Poor Onan. It's a shame nobody told the "all-knowing" God that pulling out isn't a very good form of birth control Such a needless death. If only God had known. I guess nobody's perfect.

and what happened to "thou shalt not kill"

Old 08-07-2009, 05:38 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Also cannibalism is encouraged in The Bible:

Leviticus 26:29 'Further, you will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters you will eat.

2 Kings 6:28 And the king said to her, "What is the matter with you?" And she answered, "This woman said to me, 'Give your son that we may eat him today, and we will eat my son tomorrow.'

2 Kings 6:29 "So we boiled my son and ate him; and I said to her on the next day, 'Give your son, that we may eat him'; but she has hidden her son."

Jeremiah 19:9 "I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh in the siege and in the distress with which their enemies and those who seek their life will distress them."'

Lamentations 2:20 See, O LORD, and look! With whom have You dealt thus? Should women eat their offspring, The little ones who were born healthy? Should priest and prophet be slain In the sanctuary of the Lord?

Lamentations 4:10 The hands of compassionate women Boiled their own children; They became food for them Because of the destruction of the daughter of my people.

And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters, which the LORD thy God hath given thee, in the siege, and in the straitness, wherewith thine enemies shall distress thee:
Look up the word context.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Look up the word context.
The word context is synonymous with cop out, or sticking ones fingers firmly in the ears and chanting Laaa laaaa laaaa....It is often used when someone writes or says something a Christian doesn't want to know.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 PM

Ha ha I know. Tell the overweight and lazy people to read about the 7 deadly sins and they will go la la la context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The word context is synonymous with cop out, or sticking ones fingers firmly in the ears and chanting Laaa laaaa laaaa....It is often used when someone writes or says something a Christian doesn't want to know.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM

That isn't a joke. God put him to death for having morals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Just for a joke.

Genesis 38

Poor Onan. It's a shame nobody told the "all-knowing" God that pulling out isn't a very good form of birth control Such a needless death. If only God had known. I guess nobody's perfect.

and what happened to "thou shalt not kill"

Old 08-07-2009, 07:15 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I know in my own heart and mind that homosexuality and that heterosexual extra-marital affairs is wrong,it is all about choice,whether you do right by God. Believers of God's word do not hate the homosexual,they hate the sin,the same with heterosexual with the extra-marital affair. God does not hate the sinner,He hates the sin.
As homosexuality is as inherent as heterosecuality, you cannot seperate the two to make your self feel better about hating someone.

Sex outside of marriage is a choice, homosexuality isn't.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:33 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejuris View Post
No matter what examples, challenges or explanations are provided, none of this will change or eradicate homosexuality from being a sin in the Bible. While you're dissecting religious texts, be sure to provide examples and challenges from other religious books that say homosexuality is a sin as well. And for those persons that REFUSE to understand-although I've stated this previously-although homosexuality is a sin for Christians, this doesn't give any Christian the right to condemn, oppress, or persecute homosexuals, I don't know what else to say. It's as if you're "hell-bent" on making your point that Christianity condones persecution of homosexuals, w/o comprehending that's not true. It's a false proposition. Next argument, attack and challenge... God is the judge, rewarder and punisher.
So basically you're saying you dont know the answers to my questions and have never investigated this topic hermeneutically.

Thus proving the OP's point...yet again.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:11 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Your post is a cop-out, since you know the context refutes your claim.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:51 AM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
I know in my own heart and mind that homosexuality and that heterosexual extra-marital affairs is wrong,it is all about choice,whether you do right by God. Believers of God's word do not hate the homosexual,they hate the sin,the same with heterosexual with the extra-marital affair. God does not hate the sinner,He hates the sin.
Of course homosexuality feels wrong for you. You are not homosexual. To homosexuals, it feels perfectly right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality