Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 01:42 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,389,744 times

Advertisements

Every fairy tale has a good guy and a bad guy, the problem with the biblical fairy tale is trying to figure out which one is which.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 02:07 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,050,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Every fairy tale has a good guy and a bad guy, the problem with the biblical fairy tale is trying to figure out which one is which.
Yeah, ironic isn't it

Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 PM

67 posts, read 102,918 times
Quote:
one mans good is another mans evil: God is pure good and Evil is like the sun the closer you get the more you will burn but if water be pure goodness it will put out the flames but the earthly scars will never heal.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Butler View Post
one mans good is another mans evil: God is pure good and Evil is like the sun the closer you get the more you will burn but if water be pure goodness it will put out the flames but the earthly scars will never heal.
And a rolling stone is worth two in the bush and people who live in glass houses shouldn't get stoned

Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
God is Almighty; no one may escape from His capture.

All people, genies, angels and devils are His created beings, and they cannot get out of His reach or observation; and none of them may disable Him.

But God gave Satan (Azazil or Beelzebub or Iblies) a respite in recompense for his servitude before his disobedience. Satan plead for giving him respite and not to punish him immediately and God gave him respite in recompense of his past righteous work.

The other reason is that Satan may be a trial for people to see who of them is true when he will not listen to the suggestions of Satan, and who of them will follow such suggestions.

God in this World tries people by prosperity and adversity, by poverty and richness, by health and disease to see who of them will show gratitude to God alone, and who of them will forbear patiently and who of them will blaspheme.
You pursue me friend on to this thread, there is enough in fighting within Islam maybe you should be using your wisdom to sort at that problem?, least i drag you down to my level.

Last edited by Keith Butler; 05-11-2009 at 03:50 PM..

Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
And a rolling stone is worth two in the bush and people who live in glass houses shouldn't get stoned
A rolling stone is worth a rolling stone and people who live in glass houses should not Throw stones. even when they are stoned.

Old 05-11-2009, 04:31 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,386,307 times
Quote:
Quote:
A rolling stone is worth a rolling stone and people who live in glass houses should not Throw stones. even when they are stoned.
As far as I know Rolling Stones are almost always stoned!

Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
As far as I know Rolling Stones are almost always stoned!

I agree but they pick up things as they roll along, i was under the impression that baxondale meant the other kind of stoned or else his example would make no sense. maybe he can explain. if you are talking about Mick Jagger and Keith Richards well i agree again. That is why they cant get no satisfaction.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:17 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,678,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
Satan wasn't ALWAYS Satan he was once a good angel gone bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
But God gave Satan (Azazil or Beelzebub or Iblies) a respite in recompense for his servitude before his disobedience. Satan plead for giving him respite and not to punish him immediately and God gave him respite in recompense of his past righteous work.

The other reason is that Satan may be a trial for people to see who of them is true when he will not listen to the suggestions of Satan, and who of them will follow such suggestions.

God in this World tries people by prosperity and adversity, by poverty and richness, by health and disease to see who of them will show gratitude to God alone, and who of them will forbear patiently and who of them will blaspheme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
God created Lucifer, one of the highest Angels in heaven, full of beauty and light, the angel that led the worship of God.

Lucifer looked upon God and said to himself I will put my throne upon God's. He was able to look upon God, but pride filled him. He made a choice and in so doing was thrown out of heaven by Michael the Arch Angel.

Satan is the name used in the bible refering to Lucifer after his fall. So, God did not create Satan, he created an Angel called lucifer who rebelled.

God also created humans and they disobeyed his only (one) commandment he gave them.

God sent his Son (Jesus God incarnate) to man, to his servants (to God's priests and high priests), and was born into the family of man (of Jewish people), and yet the Jews crucified him on a cross. They even had a document declaring his coming, but they rejected him when he came.

God has seen many diapointments with his creation, but he can also see all of time, and so, he sees the end and how all of this will turn out. He has even told us what is going to happen in the future, in his word, the holy bible.
I'm confused. It seems Satan has more power to influence us than the angels. Why did God reward Satan with so much power? If anything it seems God would have destroyed the fallen angel.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
I agree but they pick up things as they roll along, i was under the impression that baxondale meant the other kind of stoned or else his example would make no sense. maybe he can explain. if you are talking about Mick Jagger and Keith Richards well i agree again. That is why they cant get no satisfaction.
Don't read too much into it, I was merely seeing your nonsensical gibberish (in a poker sense) and raising more gibberish that equally made no sense. I know my momma said that I should never look into the eyes of the sun, but momma, that's where the fun is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality