U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 05:58 PM

36 posts, read 39,761 times

Advertisements

I have read many of the "religious" posts on here, and a thought comes to mind. Not from people who aren't Christians, but those who say they are. Here's what I mean. If a non-believer, makes a statement, 400000 "christians" stone him with their Theology. To me, theology is nothing more than a man in a dark room with no light, looking for a black cat that isn't there, then he finds it. If we claim to be "like Christ", we should act like it. I for one would much rather LISTEN, and talk with someone who is athiest, or what ever. Than someone who is...well, just religious. Anyone can be religious about anything. A real, honest true Christian is one that shows compassion for another person. Take the story of Jesus and the Woman at the well. He didn't jump down her throat and condem her. The woman that was caught in the act of adultry, never got stone to death. So why are we so quick to stone others with religion?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 08:23 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,693,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen4greatness View Post
I have read many of the "religious" posts on here, and a thought comes to mind. Not from people who aren't Christians, but those who say they are. Here's what I mean. If a non-believer, makes a statement, 400000 "christians" stone him with their Theology. To me, theology is nothing more than a man in a dark room with no light, looking for a black cat that isn't there, then he finds it. If we claim to be "like Christ", we should act like it. I for one would much rather LISTEN, and talk with someone who is athiest, or what ever. Than someone who is...well, just religious. Anyone can be religious about anything. A real, honest true Christian is one that shows compassion for another person. Take the story of Jesus and the Woman at the well. He didn't jump down her throat and condem her. The woman that was caught in the act of adultry, never got stone to death. So why are we so quick to stone others with religion?
Well, I'm not sure what you are actually saying or looking for, but I'm the type of person that likes to conversate with everyone of all religions. I even try to talk with atheists, but some are so closed minded that when they see the word Christian, some start attacking due to them having experiences with other Christians.

Personally It seems like a waste of time to really post in the religious forum due to people having a warped mind set and some who have an attack mentality about religion.

There is a such thing as having compassion, but sometimes when you read the negative and nasty comments that people post of your religion it sometimes gets a little frustrating. Then I understand the mentality of the person that is posting and I relize that most if all really have not a clue to what they are posting and, Christ said love everybody, even the clueless. LOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality