Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:07 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,009,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
By seeing what you wrote it is rather sad, in how the people acted toward him. I personally don't support the gay lifestyle, but I still treat people who are gay with respect. Honestly, I have a gay friend who I love dearly, but don't support what he does, but I don't treat him bad.

The man said that he use to be gay, then so what that was his past. People have a tendency to hold our past against us. It's sad because the people or you heard that the man use to be gay and murmuring was a result after his speech. Instead of murmuring and talking about the man, the people should have been thanking God that the man was telling his story in front of people, and telling what God has done in this life.

That is why people hold back from telling people about the things that go on in their life, because people are selfish and rude. The man was honest and told yall what he use to be and was trying to tell yall that God had changed him into a new person, but instead is sounds like you were looking for what some call him still acting gay. Sounds dumb to me.

You say at the time you were Christian, but your actions said other wise. Being a Christian who loves people wouldn't act like that. It is our job to welcome people and love them, not to murmur about them and look and see if the man is still gay. Do, you think that your actions were right, since you called yourself Christian at the time.? It sounds like you were not following the teaching of Christ.

Being a Christian is not about murmuring about people, but about loving and helping them.

That's not the love of Christ. Honestly, that is why people hate so called Christians, because the people who call themself Christian are not acting like Christ.

When you act like Christ you can be around anyone and still love them. I have been around homosexuals, atheists, sex offenders, murders, racist, and I still manage to respect them and show the love of Christ. That is what being a Christian is all about, not murmuring and talking behind someones back.

So, my question to you is, you called yourself Christian, but what if a person who use to be a non-believer was saying that they were Christian, but was murmuring and complaining, are they still Chrisitian?

You considered yourself a Christian, but was murmuring with other so called Christians, do you think that was right, and do you think that was the love of Christ that you showed?

Well, obviously, God didn't change you, because if He did you would have handeled that in a better way.

I have worked with boys that have been molested by men or boys, and they either grew up bi, or gay, or they turned out molesting boys, just as they were. In these cases you have to know how to counsel these boys and help them. Murmuring and complaining want help them, and would probably send them running faster in the wrong direction. Most if not all of the boys never knew that I was against the gay lifestyle, because of the love that I showed them. I never talked down to them because I sincerely wanted to help them.

Like I said before being a Christian is not putting people down and telling them that they are going to hell. It is about loving and accepting where they are, and helping them get through to the next level. Your love for somone just might be what they need to change or atleast shows them that someone cares.
Thank you for your observations. I know you can't wrap your mind around the fact that a person can actually turn their back on the Christian faith and still look back and believe they were indeed a TRUE Christian, but I'll leave you with that. I realize, however, as a result, you need to dissect me to prove I wasn't thus invalidating my conversion and/or deconversion.

I have no idea what I did wrong in your eyes other than the fact that I said people with eyes, discernment and common sense could sense the guy was fooling NO one but himself.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:34 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,307,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Thank you for your observations. I know you can't wrap your mind around the fact that a person can actually turn their back on the Christian faith and still look back and believe they were indeed a TRUE Christian, but I'll leave you with that. I realize, however, as a result, you need to dissect me to prove I wasn't thus invalidating my conversion and/or deconversion.

I have no idea what I did wrong in your eyes other than the fact that I said people with eyes, discernment and common sense could sense the guy was fooling NO one but himself.
I'm not dissecting you, I was pointing out your wrong in how you judge and look at his life. What is so good about you, I'm sure people would have alot of things to talk about when it comes to your life.

Your not perfect and neither is the guy. People need to stop judging other folks and look at their own life.

Your not a Christian, well I want cry on that. It doesnt' bother me when someone walks away from Christianity, because I will continue to live my life as such. I want lose any sleep out of someone wanting to walk their own path.

Quote:
discernment and common sense could sense the guy was fooling NO one but himself
You don't know what was going on in that guys life, it is error when someone feels like they can look at someone and tell who they are or what they do. That is plain ignorant. I'm sure when people look at you there are some things that they might think is something, turned out to be wrong.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:43 AM

7,999 posts, read 12,283,563 times
For clear and rather obvious reasons, to all who had posts deleted (20 in all, all posted in under an hour) and/or were issued infractions, this thread is hereby, officially:

CLOSED.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality