Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 01:18 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,183,065 times

Advertisements

Just for the sake of discussion, I would say "of course not". It would depend upon the sort of life the person had led to that point. This is assuming that there is a "Heaven" which is only open to those who live exemplary lives. I'm an atheist and don't believe any of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2011, 07:40 AM

570 posts, read 733,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
If you get murdered by someone do you automatically get to go to Heaven? My family (who are Christians like me) have told me that if you get murdered you automatically get to go to Heaven.
We Muslims believe that too ... if i explain the reasons then it could be a long post .. so let me tell you that it comes from gods mercy .. equity and justice .

Old 03-19-2011, 08:03 AM

889 posts, read 825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Not according to Conservative, Evangelical Christianity. You must accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior to go to heaven. This is why its perplexing when Christians bring up murderers as a justification of eternal punishment, when in fact according to their faith a murderer's victims are just as likely to go to hell as the murderer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
If you are saved, yes and only if you are saved...

Then conservative evangelical Christians seem to be at odds with the Bible. Jesus, Himself, said the following Matthew 7:20-29:

20 Thus you will know them by their fruits.
21 "Not every one who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'
24 "Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock;
25 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
26 And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand;
27 and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it."
28 And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching,
29 for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

Declaring that Jesus is your Lord and Savior, is great, but insufficient. DOING what Jesus commands is equally important or maybe even more important if you want heaven to hold a place for you. True grace from God must be responded to with action that does His will.

So getting back to the purpose of the thread, the murdered person could go to heaven or not go to heaven. Only God will decide that. I can only assume God knows them by their fruit and will act accordingly.

Last edited by GoodToBeHome; 03-19-2011 at 08:18 AM..

Old 03-19-2011, 08:43 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,940,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
If you get murdered by someone do you automatically get to go to Heaven? My family (who are Christians like me) have told me that if you get murdered you automatically get to go to Heaven.
Your family told you wrong. Death is like a thief in the night if you are not saved.

Old 07-07-2018, 01:41 AM

4 posts, read 1,080 times
Yes, They do. They are martyrs. No one deserves to have their life taken.
Martyrs give their life, and Jesus sees that. Who wants to be murdered. It is like Jesus carrying the cross.
God Bless the ones who pass this way. AMEN

Old 07-07-2018, 06:21 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylilly12Jesus View Post
Yes, They do. They are martyrs. No one deserves to have their life taken.
Martyrs give their life, and Jesus sees that. Who wants to be murdered. It is like Jesus carrying the cross.
God Bless the ones who pass this way. AMEN
So if Hitler had been killed in an auto accident for over speeding, he would be in heaven in now?

Old 07-07-2018, 06:46 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
So if Hitler had been killed in an auto accident for over speeding, he would be in heaven in now?
No. But if Hitler, who was raised Catholic, accepted Jesus as his Lord and savior before he died, he is in heaven now. According to Christian teaching. Meanwhile, the six million Jews he killed, who did not accept Jesus as their lord and savior, all went to hell. Amen.

Old 07-07-2018, 06:57 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tired of the nonsense View Post
no. But if hitler, who was raised catholic, accepted jesus as his lord and savior before he died, he is in heaven now. According to christian teaching. Meanwhile, the six million jews he killed, who did not accept jesus as their lord and savior, all went to hell. Amen.
:d

Old 07-07-2018, 07:03 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
We Muslims believe that too ... if i explain the reasons then it could be a long post .. so let me tell you that it comes from gods mercy .. equity and justice .
Hmmm. So Jeffrey Dalmer is in heaven? What about law sanctioned executions? Ted Bundy made the cut?

Old 07-07-2018, 07:53 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,575,455 times
using meme loosely here.

the problem is that when the skin is gone, what's left? a collection of memes? In a volume of the universe that has all good memes, is that heaven? in a volume that is all 'wanting more", is that hell? Is a high concentration of any set of memes in a volume of the universe determined by a volume of the universe we call "the person" or the system around "the person"?

there is no reason to predict any person acting outside of the circumstances that formed them and the internal structure of that person at any given moment. That in no way precludes the turning off of an unsafe machine to prevent it from running around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality