Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:48 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,719 times

Advertisements

[quote=LongHornGuy86;602791[Most ignorant, hateful, and spiteful statements are from "Christians" on this board, yet no one challenges them. Now, that's changed. So bring it on.[/QUOTE]

You have the right to your opinion!! I have only seen a couple of so Called Christians that rant on and on. You need to read some of the Christian post more closely and I think you will see you are out of line with the Christians on this forum. The ones that try to explain and debate respectfully out weigh the nutjobs!!

I think the non-believers have been, just, if not more rude. I have had non-believers attack just because, I'm Christian and nothing else. They only debate my Christian view points and nothing else and you know who you are!!! So, don't go blaming ALL CHRISTIANS for your problems of the world!!!

For someone too give bad rep points for his opinion weather you agree or not is just wrong!!
Think about the next time someone doesn't like your view point that's why we are all here to see what others think!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:53 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,621,420 times
[quote=spike1611;603427]...I, too, was born in 1986... My condolences to those who would be so narrow-minded and scrutinizing (Isn't that what I'M accused of?) of Christianity. Who are we? Who are you to challenge the most sold, read, and trusted book in the world? Are you a scholar? No. You're 21.

Get some notches in your belt first. Wait until you're 70. THEN, after a life filled with experiences and degrees, you can tell me the Bible's not true.[quote]

I'm a little confused. Did I miss something? I don't recall LongHornGuy saying when he was born, other than the number "86" in his forum name, which may or may not indicate his birth year. But, regardless, young man, (and I say that, because you are the same age as my son, based on your stated birth year), who are you to judge someone else, based on his age, when you are no older than he supposedly is? That is arrogant and condescending on your part. In old-fashioned terminology, "that's the pot calling the kettle black". Many people go to Bible college, and have degrees, but that doesn't make them the final expert on religious or spiritual matters. Might I suggest that you get some notches in your own belt. Wait until you are 70. Then, after a life filled with experiences, (never mind degrees), you can tell everyone the Bible is true.

You are absolutely entitled to whatever beliefs that you wish, and to share them with whoever is interested, but be very careful of such attitudes. It is exactly those attitudes that turn people away from the Bible, from the church, from belief itself. Go back and read your Bible, and point out to me where Jesus had such arrogance, as you just displayed.

Oh, by the way, LongHornGuy, did you catch my earlier post? I didn't know if you saw my question, or would just not like to answer it, (which is fine, too. I was just curious).

Old 04-20-2007, 09:54 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I believe Jesus was real, I believe he died on the cross for his beliefs, it is the rest of the story that loses me.
He died on the cross because they didn't believe he was the Messiah, not because of Jesus's beliefs.
Jesus's asked for the burden to be taken away HE didn't want to die on the CROSS,but knew that's why HE came. HE knew they would reject HIM before they knew!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:56 AM

1,247 posts, read 926,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
He died on the cross because they didn't believe he was the Messiah, not because of Jesus's beliefs.
Jesus's asked for the burden to be taken away HE didn't want to die on the CROSS,but knew that's why HE came. HE knew they would reject HIM before they knew!!!
So you're saying Nea's belief is wrong and yours is right.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:58 AM

244 posts, read 1,092,612 times
Celticlady:

Yes, I was born in 1986 and despite the way my post may have come across, I am not a bitter person. I just see religion for what it is--a way to exploit, demean, and spread religious propoganda.

You know why Catholic priests weren't allowed to marry? Because the church would have had to support their children/wives if they ever died. It's as simple as that!

When you research various facets of Christianity, it quickly becomes apparent that it really is just a big, man made hoax!

Old 04-20-2007, 10:06 AM

13,610 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHornGuy86 View Post
Celticlady:

Yes, I was born in 1986 and despite the way my post may have come across, I am not a bitter person. I just see religion for what it is--a way to exploit, demean, and spread religious propoganda.

You know why Catholic priests weren't allowed to marry? Because the church would have had to support their children/wives if they ever died. It's as simple as that!

When you research various facets of Christianity, it quickly becomes apparent that it really is just a big, man made hoax!
for what its worth at one point I saw it this way too,just a set of rules and regulations for weak minded people.I see it differently now.Dont judge it by people who misuse it,that doesn't make the wisdom less important or true.Seek the truth out for yourself and I doubt you'll be disappointed,rely on others for your judgement and almost certainly you'll be let down.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Celticlady:

Actually, my question was, what do you believe? You said you weren't an atheist, so I was just wondering. Or, are you at that point, that you believe in a Creator, but not much else? Maybe just a Higher Force, or a Divine Being? Or, maybe, like an agnostic, you just don't know? Which is fine, also. Keep looking, and searching. You will find what is best for you. Like I said, I was just curious. However, may I point out to you, as I did to Spike, (makes me think of that character on "Angel". LOL), that although you are entitled to your opinions, also, to be careful of your own attitudes. You are very young, also, and both of you should be a little more open to what others think and believe, without throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. That's not to say that you must change your mind. Simply be aware of the fact that for many people, religion, in whatever guise, works for them, and it depends on how they handle it, as to whether it works properly, or whether it is used in a negative way.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:18 AM

244 posts, read 1,092,612 times
I definitely believe in a higher power!

But I see religion as something that has done nothing but create carnage throughout the history of mankind, and really think it should be done away with!

Old 04-20-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I definitely believe in a higher power!

But I see religion as something that has done nothing but create carnage throughout the history of mankind, and really think it should be done away with!
Well, I can certainly understand why you believe that, because there is definitely evidence to back it up, (though Christianity is not the only belief system that is responsible for the world's problems. And, you do seem to go after it more than the others). But, you should remember that religion is how most people relate to and with, that Higher Power, so it's not likely that it will be done away with. However, may I suggest that you do a research for the good that religious, (or perhaps I should say, spiritual), beliefs have done, also. As I said, don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. You're awfully young to be quite so cynical, (that's supposed to be for those of us who are older than you. And, I'm 45, by the way).

Old 04-20-2007, 10:39 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,083,984 times
Quote:
Celticlady:

I have to hand it to you, you are a genius! 20 or 21 years old and you have it all figured out!

I remember when I was 16, I was the smartest person in the world, just ask my parents, I knew just about everything. And buddy, when I was 20, I was a genius. Just let me be President for the day, and all the nations issues and problems would be solved by me in an instant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality