Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:29 PM

354 posts, read 750,387 times

Advertisements

to the OP UR post does not make sense. if u believe in God then u shld also believe in love. God is love. u also sound like a mentally deranged VERYbitter person. i actually felt better though. im not that pathetic. i am like u the diff is.. i did date a handful in my almost 4 decades of existence. my reason is trust. i dont trust anyone. i also am selfish, very shy, introvert, no confidence,anti social loner. and ya im fugly too and it doesnt help that i let myself go since birth. i myself believes im gonna die a virgin. i really miss a lot in life. but oh well. i dont care anymore. but i believe in love im just VERY VERRRRRY unlucky in EVERY aspect in life. im jobless, im loveless i wonder why im even here.

and these atheists who said they dont care makes me laugh... if they really dont care about our belief in God then why waste time logging in, typing these laughable "i dont care blah blahs".... hahaha what's more amusing for these who "dont care " is they actually read our posts! what's up with that... tsk, tsk.

Last edited by baket; 11-13-2009 at 08:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 08:37 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,588,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Anti-Theists all the time say "look at all the evil religion has done to the world!" Well, my answer is simple: LOOK AT ALL THE EVIL DONE IN THE CONTEXT OF ROMANTIC LOVE!
Messy divorces, domestic violence, date rape, etc etc etc.
It pales in comparison to the evil done in the name of some irrational but imaginary sky daddy by the followers in the utter nonsense called religion, and factors into many of the domestic violence you spout off about.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:45 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,588,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple4 View Post
An entire wall of text..... could you try and keep your "arguments" short and to the point, please?
Kinda scary when you realize that many of the mentally ill serial killers, bombers, etc. often publish long rambling manifestos.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:22 PM

598 posts, read 918,796 times
If you don't believe in God, then you'll have plenty of reasons to believe in love; if you believe in God, then there's not much room for love.

God believers are also believers of power -- that's all that matters to them. God itself was created by man in the imagines of Kings, dictators, rulers ... those are the power-figures who rule with fears and coercion. These power-figures are also the enemies of humanly loves.

Think about all the religious concepts: hell (God's jail), religious codes (God's laws), sins (you are the criminals) ... those are the concepts that serve different rulers. With those concepts, God believers are miserable sinful slaves. There is hardly any love going around ...

Old 11-14-2009, 12:01 AM

190 posts, read 242,787 times
I absolutely agree with Reverend1111...Divine love never fails..it will NEVER let you down..never let me down

Old 11-14-2009, 02:27 AM

bud: while u have a point, i disagree with the reasons u gave, if u pointed out the bible reference of giving 10% of your profit to church, or the story of paying taxes then ya.. that suits your point.

but what is wrong with concept of hell and God's law? that and the belief of eternal life keeps me in check.

i have been arguing this for the nth time to atheists to see their "logic" of u die and thats it. then why are u here? to know about evolution to spite creationists/Christians?or accumulate wealth if u cant take it with u when u die anyway. atheists knowledge of ape becoming man or the beginning of life on earth and earth itself... ALL WASTED coz when they die THE END. i mean i honestly dunno how they exist on that "logic".

as opposed to our eternal life belief that EVERY SINGLE THING U DO IN LIFE WILL BE REWARDED OR PUNISHED. at least u get an ULTIMATE satisfaction or the opposite in the end.

as for sinful slaves. we believe in God's gift of free will. slaves don't have that, do they?

Last edited by baket; 11-14-2009 at 02:49 AM..

Old 11-14-2009, 04:12 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,782,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
but what is wrong with concept of hell and God's law? that and the belief of eternal life keeps me in check.
You require the threat of Hell to keep you from doing bad things?

Quote:
i have been arguing this for the nth time to atheists to see their "logic" of u die and thats it. then why are u here? to know about evolution to spite creationists/Christians?or accumulate wealth if u cant take it with u when u die anyway. atheists knowledge of ape becoming man or the beginning of life on earth and earth itself... ALL WASTED coz when they die THE END. i mean i honestly dunno how they exist on that "logic".
The only reason I'm here is because of chance. But that doesn't mean I can't find meaning in life. To me, I would like to think my purpose in life is to enjoy it, and learn as much as possible about our planet, universe, everything. The fact that I don't believe there is anything after death is actually a relief. When I believed in God I was constantly terrified that I wasn't doing something right and would end up in Hell. To me, that's no way to live. But if that's what it takes for you to behave well then more power to you.

Quote:
as opposed to our eternal life belief that EVERY SINGLE THING U DO IN LIFE WILL BE REWARDED OR PUNISHED. at least u get an ULTIMATE satisfaction or the opposite in the end.
What if you're misinterpreting God's will? It would be a shame to go through life assuming you'll go to Heaven, only to find out the opposite is true.

Quote:
as for sinful slaves. we believe in God's gift of free will. slaves don't have that, do they?
No, but if slaves manage to escape their master, at least they have a chance of being free. God's idea of free will is, "You're free to do whatever you want, but disobey me and I'll allow my former angel to punish you for eternity. Oh, and there's no escaping. I can see every action and thought no matter where you are."

Old 11-14-2009, 04:48 AM

oh u are here by chance. ya very logical. since u believed in God once i wonder what made u "go to the dark side"... darth vader? hehe.

well. u know, im catholic but have not been practicing my faith. i find our faith "chores" difficult to live with. the only link i have with my religion is my belief in Jesus as my Lord and Savior. i just can't denounce God in my life. as it is my life is worthless. my only belief in God keeps me going. oh and with the way i live my life now i think i bound to hell when i die. but i don't blame God if i suffer eternally. it is my fault that i did not live my life on the good side. i am prepared for the consequence.

i reread your post and it seems u do not agree with the sending to hell rule. well, we all have rules since birth.. from our parents rules, to school rules, to traffic rules to law justice rules. but we dont have problems about it. what's so wrong with going to hell rules that is so controversial make even former believers turn the other way? can't take the heat? cant take responsibility from ur own actions? what?

Last edited by baket; 11-14-2009 at 05:11 AM..

Old 11-14-2009, 08:31 AM

598 posts, read 918,796 times
Quote:
bud: while u have a point, i disagree with the reasons u gave, if u pointed out the bible reference of giving 10% of your profit to church, or the story of paying taxes then ya.. that suits your point.

What's wrong with religious concept of "hell" is: it's coercion and it's false.

There is no such thing as afterlife. The idea of afterlife is stupid and it's used for coercive purposes. A dead person has no life. If you were not someone like a terrorist, would you give up your life for a better afterlife? Of course not. Also, coercion is often used for ill purposes -- good intention needs no coercion.

Another point is: coercion does not work. Most religious people do not really believe there is a hell (same with atheists). However, these same religious people want others to believe they are more "moral" because they have been threatened by the concept of "hell".

Old 11-14-2009, 11:02 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,782,282 times
Quote:
oh u are here by chance. ya very logical. since u believed in God once i wonder what made u "go to the dark side"... darth vader? hehe.
What's illogical about thinking we're not here for a reason? That we create our own purpose in life?

Quote:
i reread your post and it seems u do not agree with the sending to hell rule. well, we all have rules since birth.. from our parents rules, to school rules, to traffic rules to law justice rules. but we dont have problems about it. what's so wrong with going to hell rules that is so controversial make even former believers turn the other way? can't take the heat? cant take responsibility from ur own actions? what?
Our rules are artifical, imposed by society. For the most part, our rules are fair and just. What's just about torturing someone for eternity just for not believing? Or for the countless minor sins that everyone commits? That's worse than anything any human has ever done to another human. Yes, that seems fair!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality