Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 08:45 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,419,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
yes he will judge them by thier action
denying him is the worst action in the eyes of God
as for evidence , muslims consider the quran to be the evidence of God's existence
Your god, by scriptural myth accounts, drowned the entire world and all it's denizens, human, animal or otherwise, for denying him. All but for Noah and his family, of course.

At present, all three Abrahamics, who all look to the same god, don't account for even half of the world's population, and Christianity never much more than a third throughout it's history.

By all accounts, again according to biblical myth, we should all be rather wet ATM.

Taking this into account, plus the rather obvious lack of mircles in the past two millenia, how is "denying god" such a bad thing?

And I realize that to Muslims, the Quran, when written in Arabic, is considered the "words of god". However, you DO know that Jehovah/Allah never set pen to paper, yes? So it would be quite safe to assume that the writers of the Quran were quite human, and subjected to each and every type of human emotion, both positive and negative.

It is quite possible, even probrable, and something Muslims need to start taking into consideration, that some of those negative emotions, greed, power lust, sexual lust, etc. may have crept into the Quaran as it was being written.

This is the inherent danger in taking ANY scripture literally.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:29 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Your god, by scriptural myth accounts, drowned the entire world and all it's denizens, human, animal or otherwise, for denying him. All but for Noah and his family, of course.

At present, all three Abrahamics, who all look to the same god, don't account for even half of the world's population, and Christianity never much more than a third throughout it's history.

By all accounts, again according to biblical myth, we should all be rather wet ATM.
islam is the only religion which mentioned that the great flood was partial

But they denied him so We rescued him and those with him in the Ark. And We drowned the people who denied Our Signs. They were a blind people. (Qur'an, 7:64)

Apart from those who boarded Prophet Nuh's (as) Ark, the entire tribe was drowned. The dead included the Prophet's son who thought he could escape by seeking shelter on a mountain.
It was said, "Earth, swallow up your water!" and, "Heaven, hold back your rain!" And the water subsided and the affair was concluded and the Ark came to land on al-Judi. And it was said, "Away with the people of the wrongdoers!" (Qur'an, 11:44)

Compared to the flood accounts contained in Jewish scriptures, and indeed the various cultural beliefs of other peoples, the Qur'anic account, which was revealed by Allah and is the only divine text to have remained uncorrupted, stands as the most reliable of all these accounts. The Torah, a corrupted text, says that this flood was universal and covered the whole world. On the contrary, it appears from the relevant verses that the flood was a regional one and punished not the whole world but only the tribe that rejected the Prophet Nuh (as). Those who were destroyed in it were the people who rejected the message of the Prophet Nuh (as) and persisted in their denial. There is no indication in the Qur'an that the flood was universal. The verses on the subject read:
We sent Nuh to his people: "I am a clear warner to you. Worship none but Allah. I fear for you the punishment of a painful day." (Qur'an, 11:25-26)

But they denied him so We rescued him and those with him in the Ark. And We drowned the people who denied Our Signs. They were a blind people. (Qur'an, 7:64)

So We rescued him and those with him by mercy from Us, and We cut off the last remnant of those who denied Our Signs and were not believers. (Qur'an, 7:72)

As we have seen, we are told in the Qur'an that only the people of the Prophet Nuh (as) were destroyed, not the whole world. The corrected states of the corrupted accounts in Christian and Jewish scriptures in the Qur'an prove that it is, in its entirety, a book sent down by Allah.

Quote:
Taking this into account, plus the rather obvious lack of mircles in the past two millenia, how is "denying god" such a bad thing?

And I realize that to Muslims, the Quran, when written in Arabic, is considered the "words of god". However, you DO know that Jehovah/Allah never set pen to paper, yes? So it would be quite safe to assume that the writers of the Quran were quite human, and subjected to each and every type of human emotion, both positive and negative.

[
It is quite possible, even probrable, and something Muslims need to start taking into consideration, that some of those negative emotions, greed, power lust, sexual lust, etc. may have crept into the Quaran as it was being written.

This is the inherent danger in taking ANY scripture literally.
from your words , i can be sure that you don't know what muslims believe about how quran was revealed to us , and seems to me that you didn't read quran before

Old 07-24-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
islam is the only religion which mentioned that the great flood was partial

Apart from those who boarded Prophet Nuh's (as) Ark, the entire tribe was drowned. The dead included the Prophet's son who thought he could escape by seeking shelter on a mountain.
It was said, "Earth, swallow up your water!" and, "Heaven, hold back your rain!" And the water subsided and the affair was concluded and the Ark came to land on al-Judi. And it was said, "Away with the people of the wrongdoers!" (Qur'an, 11:44)

Compared to the flood accounts contained in Jewish scriptures, and indeed the various cultural beliefs of other peoples, the Qur'anic account, which was revealed by Allah and is the only divine text to have remained uncorrupted, stands as the most reliable of all these accounts. The Torah, a corrupted text, says that this flood was universal and covered the whole world. On the contrary, it appears from the relevant verses that the flood was a regional one and punished not the whole world but only the tribe that rejected the Prophet Nuh (as). Those who were destroyed in it were the people who rejected the message of the Prophet Nuh (as) and persisted in their denial. There is no indication in the Qur'an that the flood was universal. The verses on the subject read:
We sent Nuh to his people: "I am a clear warner to you. Worship none but Allah. I fear for you the punishment of a painful day." (Qur'an, 11:25-26)

So We rescued him and those with him by mercy from Us, and We cut off the last remnant of those who denied Our Signs and were not believers. (Qur'an, 7:72)

As we have seen, we are told in the Qur'an that only the people of the Prophet Nuh (as) were destroyed, not the whole world. The corrected states of the corrupted accounts in Christian and Jewish scriptures in the Qur'an prove that it is, in its entirety, a book sent down by Allah.

from your words , i can be sure that you don't know what muslims believe about how quran was revealed to us , and seems to me that you didn't read quran before
1. Please spare us the apologestic crap. What did Allah do, throw the enlightened, non-sinning people life jackets? First you claim that your god only drowned certain people, and then saved only those who boarded the mythical Ark. Guess what, that IS drowning everyone else. Then you state that the Great Flood Myth was only localized, but that Noah's son drowned on a mountain top. Guess what, "localized flooding" isn't going to inundate a mountaintop.

2. Islam is based on Judeism. Go ahead and try to deny it. You both worship the same god, you recognize such Jewish inventions as Genisis and other books. Your scriptures say the same things about Genisis. The idea that the scriptural Biblical Flood was only a "localized one" is purely a modern invention.

3. There is no proof of you god, period. The only "proof" can be found in scriptures which are inherently flawed, and cannot, therefor, be considered self-supporting evidence. Just the plain fact that your god doesn't show in ANY archival or archeological evidences prior to app 3,000 years ago provides simply hard proof that your god is no creator god, nor the only one on the planet.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:46 AM

In addition, pelase spare me your arrogance and ad hominames. Religions are quite transparent and easy to read, so the idea that someone "lacks the knowledge to fully understand <insert religion here>, is not only arrogant, but completly inancurrate, espeically when those scriptures are readily avaialble online.

I have slogged my way through the Quran, long ago when I left the Roman Catholic Church, and I found it copletly lacking. I do know some basics of the Middle East culture as well as your religious history. So please, spare me the false superiority.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
1. Please spare us the apologestic crap. What did Allah do, throw the enlightened, non-sinning people life jackets? First you claim that your god only drowned certain people, and then saved only those who boarded the mythical Ark. Guess what, that IS drowning everyone else. Then you state that the Great Flood Myth was only localized, but that Noah's son drowned on a mountain top. Guess what, "localized flooding" isn't going to inundate a mountaintop.

2. Islam is based on Judeism. Go ahead and try to deny it. You both worship the same god, you recognize such Jewish inventions as Genisis and other books. Your scriptures say the same things about Genisis. The idea that the scriptural Biblical Flood was only a "localized one" is purely a modern invention.

3. There is no proof of you god, period. The only "proof" can be found in scriptures which are inherently flawed, and cannot, therefor, be considered self-supporting evidence. Just the plain fact that your god doesn't show in ANY archival or archeological evidences prior to app 3,000 years ago provides simply hard proof that your god is no creator god, nor the only one on the planet.
be quite brother i just show you that quran didn't mention that the flood was universal as you thought , i just correcting your informations

by the way
why localized flooding" isn't going to inundate a mountaintop ?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
In addition, pelase spare me your arrogance and ad hominames. Religions are quite transparent and easy to read, so the idea that someone "lacks the knowledge to fully understand <insert religion here>, is not only arrogant, but completly inancurrate, espeically when those scriptures are readily avaialble online.

I have slogged my way through the Quran, long ago when I left the Roman Catholic Church, and I found it copletly lacking. I do know some basics of the Middle East culture as well as your religious history. So please, spare me the false superiority.
i'm sorry if i make myself seems arrogant to you , may be my trust in my relegion and my trust in quran made me seem to be arrogant as for no one can really proof to me that quran contains errors

i will try to controll myself next time , AxisMundi

peace

Old 07-24-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
be quite brother i just show you that quran didn't mention that the flood was universal as you thought , i just correcting your informations

by the way
why localized flooding" isn't going to inundate a mountaintop ?
Firstly, I'm not your brother.

Secondly, you gave me anapologists lame excuse, you only showed me a new way to twist scripture into something it enver represented.

Thirdly, your last statement ruined any credibility at all in my views. Never heard of gravity? Not aware of the basic sciences of hydrodynamics and meterology?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:30 PM

4,500 posts, read 2,846,058 times
I am Muslim.......and I will be in this way forever.
I believe in Islam too much and also in religions of God.

If you like to be an atheist and leave Islam.........it is okay and noone will argue with you... I can say It is your own decision.....but you have to respect Islam as well as we respect yours.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:36 PM

433 posts, read 965,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New-Mona View Post
I am Muslim.......and I will be in this way forever.
I believe in Islam too much and also in religions of God.

If you like to be an atheist and leave Islam.........it is okay and noone will argue with you... I can say It is your own decision.....but you have to respect Islam as well as we respect yours.
i don't have to respect islam. it's a bull SH*T religion just like all other religions. There is no God and you have no proof. just like all other religions. your God says that he's the only one true God. just like all other religions. Your God says to kill all others who don't believe in him. just like christianity and some other religions.

i don't have to respect something that's imaginary.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Firstly, I'm not your brother.
sorry , i though you are human being

Quote:
Secondly, you gave me anapologists lame excuse, you only showed me a new way to twist scripture into something it enver represented.
i didn't twist anything , i quoted from quran directly

Quote:
Thirdly, your last statement ruined any credibility at all in my views. Never heard of gravity? Not aware of the basic sciences of hydrodynamics and meterology?
enlighten me with your knowledge , but don't forget to give me the relation between what you gonna to say and the hight of the flood
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality