Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 04:26 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times

Advertisements

Central Premonitions registers dreams, and Premonitions. Just because people can dream about an event doesn't mean that we can stop it. The authorities may take a dim view of such things if we expect them to ground all airplanes. We would ask them to do no such thing.

It helps to record dreams, and premonitions on videotape in front of a bank that shows the date and time. People DO collectively dream about disasters. They don't have any more details than what they saw during a dream or vision. It would be like a policeman expecting a witness to a car crash to know what shoe size the victim wore. We only see what we see. Some things can't be stopped. So why share this information at all ? Because many people are interested in it. Skeptics can tune out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:33 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
If you think about it, being able to predict the future but not change it in any way is the same as "not" being able to predict the future at all.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:51 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,047 times
Default God's My Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
everybody tells about their premonitions the day after.
35 days before my house of 3 years was raided, I had already moved out. The day my buddy's door got kicked in, him being pistol whipped losing teeth and everyone robbed at gun point, I had left an hour earlier (they were gunning for me). The day I got mixed up in a sting, I was using an alias for the only time in my life. When a Confidential Informant moved in, I only smoked him up. When I was set up to be rolled and more then likely shot, I had cancelled major plans before it could be executed (or me). These things were not the day after. They saved my butt and influenced life changes.

Last edited by mossomo; 07-30-2009 at 05:03 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 04:56 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,939,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
35 days before my house of 3 years was raided, I had already moved out. The day my buddy's door got kicked in, him being pistol whipped losing teeth and everyone robbed at gun point, I had left an hour earlier (they were gunning for me). The day I got mixed up in a sting, I was using an alias for the only time in my life. When a Confidential Informant moved in, I only smoked him up. When I was set up to be rolled and more then likely shot, I had cancelled major plans before it could be executed (or me). These things were not the day after. They saved my butt and changed my life.
Did you know those things were going to happen in advance? As in a premonition?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:16 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Did you know those things were going to happen in advance? As in a premonition?
Yes

My house thing, I had repeated dreams. The home invasion, I had a huge feeling of impeding danger. The alias, I felt something was not as it should be. The CI was a quick flash after which I could never shake the thought. The attempted setup, again a dream - when I saw similiarities between reality and what I had dreamed, I quickly exited the situation. I wasnt validated for a few years until I bumped into the ex of one of the players, she admitted to the extent of his plot.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:34 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Peggy Anne wrote:
Quote:
Just because people can dream about an event doesn't mean that we can stop it. The authorities may take a dim view of such things if we expect them to ground all airplanes. We would ask them to do no such thing.
I'm having a hard time understanding your motivations as well as others who believe that premonitions are real. If you had a premonition that a loved one was going to be killed in a plane crash would you do nothing about it? If you could prove to the authorities that you had a 100% accurate track record regarding plane crashes or any other disaster I am quite certain that they would take you seriously. Everyone who's claimed to have premonitions seem to be very vague about what is really going to happen. I'm just suggesting that those feelings, which I've had myself, are not coming from some mysterious source and that it's just a manifestation of our own personal fears and that they're constantly churning around in our brains.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
I have a premonition that I will see the new Star Trek movie at an Imax theater.....

Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,120 times
Suppose we do try to warn someone not to fly on a particular day, and they brush us off. Do we then wrap our arms and legs around the plane chocks ? Do we punch out the pilot to keep him from taking off ? What if grandma has a premonition that the grandchildren might be in danger ? Should she be laughed at, or called an alarmist, delusional ? An old fuddy duddy. A lot of people have premonitions, and uneasy feelings that pan out. Just because they didn't barrel into Good Morning America and shout it to the world, doesn't mean that it didn't happen to them.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:32 PM

508 posts, read 1,107,584 times
Everyone has bad dreams or thoughts of unpleasant things that we hardly ever tell others about. If I were to walk around speaking every bad thought as if it were premonition because of the 1% chance that I was going to be right, I'd still be looked at as a fool to you. This thread keeps leaning to the neagtive. Premonitions can be about positive things too. My last one was a positive moment with my family, nothing bad or scary about it.

I like the idea of keeping a log. Whoever said it, great comment! but that still doesn't mean I'm going to be able to discern the vision from the daydream, it only means (in my case) that the moment I experience it being fulfilled, I instantly knew I dreamt it before and it's like, Oh crap, I knew that. There is a feeling of guilt for al lthe reasons you all are bringing up - but how does one control this anyhow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Oh puhleeze, spare us the prostylization.

The idea of "prophesy" is far older than your Abrahamic religions, and your gods.
I'm quite put off by your remark. After all, it's only my belief I've taken serious consideration bringing myself to this belief and I'm free to express it here. You have a basis for yours and you're free to do the same - you just don't have to be so nasty about it.

Last edited by ZaraZoteBuccaneer; 07-30-2009 at 10:14 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
I'm quite put off by your remark. After all, it's only my belief I've taken serious consideration bringing myself to this belief and I'm free to express it here. You have a basis for yours and you're free to do the same - you just don't have to be so nasty about it.
I'm glad you were put off, it was intended.

I find prostylization offending, to myself, and My God and Goddess.

You did not state it as a "belief", you stated it as an attempted "fact" that premonition stems from your god, in a rather general statement inclusive of people of any religion, including those who don't look to your god, and those of Athiests as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality