Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 08:45 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,688,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnpo View Post
I don't know if there is a way to edit it now - I should have put Intuitive...
I wouldn't worry about it,we get the general idea and understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 PM

4,510 posts, read 7,536,913 times
Quote:
I believe you are correct on both parts
i you wanted to say, on both counts..?

Old 07-31-2009, 05:02 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,039,574 times
Quote:
Have you been able to see the Akashic records?
No, I'm not that advanced yet. The person you should really talk to about those records is George on the site I listed. He's awesome and has seen quite a bit more than you can possibly imagine. Talk to him. He will help.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:16 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,382,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You're right, there are so many options that it can be confusing, my suggestion to you is to learn a process of meditation that you are comfortable with, even if you have to come up with your own, there is no wrong way to do it, it's what you feel comfortable with and what is best for you, however, do not rush into this and be very patient, it will come to you when the time is right.
If meditation is practiced wrongly it can cause a lot of problems. Perhaps, and it is only a suggestion that you google the "dangers of meditation" and then decide. Study the dangers and the benefits and then decide for yourself, but never practice meditation without a teacher. And if you find a teacher make sure this teacher is good, investigate the teacher. That is also what is written in the Hindu scriptures as well--investigate the teacher thoroughly.

Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,688,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
If meditation is practiced wrongly it can cause a lot of problems. Perhaps, and it is only a suggestion that you google the "dangers of meditation" and then decide. Study the dangers and the benefits and then decide for yourself, but never practice meditation without a teacher. And if you find a teacher make sure this teacher is good, investigate the teacher. That is also what is written in the Hindu scriptures as well--investigate the teacher thoroughly.
Mattie Jo, I can agree with you on the fact that you would need a teacher to work with you, my grandfather taught me as a young child and I cannot say that I have ever had any experience with any dangers in meditating, but then again I learned from a very early age how to do it and was taught by what I considered to be one of the best, you see, us Native Americans have been doing it for centuries and it gets passed down from generation to generation, so I need to remember that what sometimes comes natural for me is not necessarily so for everybody else..

Old 07-31-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
The only dangers I know from meditating are those who try to meditate with negative intentions. Those negatives can bring on spirits who wish to do harm and then those same spirits can "attach" themselves to the persons aura. Any good intentions only bring good spirits.
I would advise anyone who is pursuing meditation that they bring their soul level to a higher frequency if they are negative people.

Even positive people can draw negative spirits. I had one attach itself to my aura when I picked someone up from a prison. I had quite a hard time until I forced it to unattach. No problems since and I've received more protection.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:10 PM

22 posts, read 34,055 times
Default Oh Dear -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The only dangers I know from meditating are those who try to meditate with negative intentions. Those negatives can bring on spirits who wish to do harm and then those same spirits can "attach" themselves to the persons aura. Any good intentions only bring good spirits.
I would advise anyone who is pursuing meditation that they bring their soul level to a higher frequency if they are negative people.

Even positive people can draw negative spirits. I had one attach itself to my aura when I picked someone up from a prison. I had quite a hard time until I forced it to unattach. No problems since and I've received more protection.
Isn't there something that individuals say aloud to God for protection prior to entering into a meditative state?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:12 PM

Default Where?

Quote:
Where do I go to find a teacher that I can trust? I am also unemployed so funds are an issue if a teacher is to charge for this service

Old 07-31-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Isn't there something that individuals say aloud to God for protection prior to entering into a meditative state?
I always say a prayer for protection and Divine love. Never fails!!

Another protection would be to imagine yourself surrounded by white light. Do this for a few minutes and it will protect you. I have this on my house and car. When I first put it on my house, the phone didn't ring that whole day! And it's the best security as when someone who intends to do harm will be "nudged" to not enter into the barrier and will go away.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:42 PM

Default thats it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I always say a prayer for protection and Divine love. Never fails!!

Another protection would be to imagine yourself surrounded by white light. Do this for a few minutes and it will protect you. I have this on my house and car. When I first put it on my house, the phone didn't ring that whole day! And it's the best security as when someone who intends to do harm will be "nudged" to not enter into the barrier and will go away.
so all you have to do is imagine this white light and it happens? how do you look at your house and imagine this light - do you see it in your mind's eye when you are outside looking at your house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality