Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:26 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,996,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
I know man...what are people thinking? Having a degree or certificate stating your credentials? What kind of nonsense is that?

Every doctor should directly perform surgery a few times and get right in there before they are certified. Med school? pfft...don't need that.

Archaeology? Please...anyone can just go to Egypt and just start digging away.

Dentistry? Who needs a degree for that? Just get in there and start pulling those teeth baby!!

Education often starts in the field. Yet trying to make the case between a doctor, and one who studies Archaeology is a poor example. As I have already told you. When question arise about Ica burial stones, the experts seek out doctor Swift. And those are the facts. Schooling does not end with a degree. It is on going. And in the case of Dr. Swift, his education has occured over his entire life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 02:54 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,668,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Really? Have you actually seen and examined the Ica stones, or are you just relying on what others tell you because they fit what you already believe?
Positive proof from pics and YouTube videos on the Internet. Gotta be true. Amazing, eh?

Old 11-17-2010, 02:59 PM

79,054 posts, read 61,211,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
"Dr. Swift's doctorate is in Systematic Theology,not anthropology, nor geology."

I believe that basically informs you of his lack of credentials. So he is neither of what you state, just someone who claims he is.
We've already established that this thread is about "making crap up" so why not claims about people's degrees? LMAO.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I have often found that it is the one's who have spend years in the field actually doing the work, and not those with their paper degrees who are often more qualified. A degree may get your foot in the door. It does not make you an expert archaeologist. Your belief that all real archaelolgist must have a paper stating they took the official course in archaeology. Thus are now real archaeologist. That's more of a myth believed by you. For there are many experts in the field on many levels who are self taught. Dr. Swift is considered the formost expert on Ica Burial stones. And if you want to know anything about such stones. You don't go looking for some 22 year old with his newly received degree. You go looking for Dr. Swift. Experience and knowledge, is what makes a person an expert.
Dr. Swift is actually an abortion doctor.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,886,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Education often starts in the field. Yet trying to make the case between a doctor, and one who studies Archaeology is a poor example. As I have already told you. When question arise about Ica burial stones, the experts seek out doctor Swift. And those are the facts. Schooling does not end with a degree. It is on going. And in the case of Dr. Swift, his education has occured over his entire life.

You are right! From now on all doctors need to do in any field is study themselves and become experts in what they want. I want to be a brain surgeon...therefore i am one.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:41 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,668,335 times
Quote:
You are right! From now on all doctors need to do in any field is study themselves and become experts in what they want. I want to be a brain surgeon...therefore i am one.
I wanna be a dokter too. Come to think of it, why stop there when you can be an honest-to-goodness Certified Omniologist, thanks to good ol' Joe Taylor, Professor Henry Johnson, an' associates? Best part is all do is jest print out yer own handy dandy certificate, an' presto! Yep, jest like that! An' you'll wow yer family, friends an' co-workers with yer new found knowledge once they get a gander at yer fancy Proof O' Learnin' paper.

omniology.com

Old 11-18-2010, 07:49 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,886,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbazaar View Post
i wanna be a dokter too. Come to think of it, why stop there when you can be an honest-to-goodness certified omniologist, thanks to good ol' joe taylor, professor henry johnson, an' associates? Best part is all do is jest print out yer own handy dandy certificate, an' presto! Yep, jest like that! An' you'll wow yer family, friends an' co-workers with yer new found knowledge once they get a gander at yer fancy proof o' learnin' paper.

omniology.com (http://www.omniology.com/omniology-certificate.html - broken link)
:d

Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 AM

I heard he won the medal of honor during the cryptozoology wars....single handedly fighting of a score of yeti ninjas.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:29 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times
Quote:
Brain surgery. Hmm, not exactly rocket science.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:15 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,156,113 times
Lets just forget for a moment the validity of Mr. Swift's credentials and and any other "scientists" on his side of this argument. Let also set aside the authenticity of their "evidence". That being said, some of you (campbell,yes and a few others) are trying to use the findings of a handful if people to discredit the scientific findings of thousands and thousands of Biologists,Astronomers,Cosmologist,Geologists, Paleontologists....etc. Don't you find this so call "evidence" just a teeny weeny bit flimsy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality