Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:20 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,404,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
You tell me. I've heard people make the point on numerous occasions that because it occurs in nature it must be healthy and "natural".
If it occurs in nature, it's natural. Look up the definition of "natural"
As far as healthy goes, I doubt that the antelope that's being eaten by the lion would agree, but the lion would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,088,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
If it occurs in nature, it's natural. Look up the definition of "natural"
As far as healthy goes, I doubt that the antelope that's being eaten by the lion would agree, but the lion would.
k. fine. cannibalism is natural.

but not good. at least most civilized societies would agree.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:32 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,047,005 times
Divorce isn't normal. The Holy Bible says it is adultery and divorcees shall be put to death. What say you to that?

Quote:
k. fine. cannibalism is natural.

but not good. at least most civilized societies would agree.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:38 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,310,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
recently scientists have done numerous studies over the years and have discovered that homosexual behavior peaks among overpopulated animal species. That being said, the research provides some evidence that homosexuality is natural among human beings as well and it may indicate that genetics is involved. Most scientists believe homosexuality is not a choice. (the desire to be attracted to someone of the same sex isn't a choice). The world human population is growing. Many say in the next hundred years the world will basically have too many people and will eventually lead to famine. Just think if ALL the gay people in the world were straight and they had children and their children had children and so on. Homosexuality may just be part of the natural process so I wouldn't use the bible to justify that someone is going to hell because they are gay. Its interesting because while the Bible says homosexuality is a sin, it also say we are suppose to own slaves and throw stones at people. But its just a case of people picking and choosing what they WANT to believe out of the Bible. Amazingly Jesus never mentioned homosexuality but talked about liars, cheaters and stealers. If homosexuality is this BIG SIN, Jesus should have been talking about it all the time. Thats because its not a sin if its not a choice and you can't choose to be attracted to men or women. Just like straight people have a natural attraction for members of the opposite sex. There is no choice in that matter. A straight male that sees a hot chic with big boobs in a bikini gets this funny feeling inside and things begin to happen to the lower part of his body. That had nothing to do with choice.
I've always thought this to be true. Otherwise, what's the point of homosexuality?

It'll take a hundred gay men just to un-do what the Duggars have done to the world population!

Old 08-11-2009, 03:28 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,427,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddythreepointoh View Post
Huh? Being gay or straight is not a choice. Who you have sex with is a choice, but orientation is not.

Disagree? Then I have a question to ask...

When exactly did you choose to be straight?
You misread my post.

No, homosexuality is not a choice, as I've noted dozens of times on this forum already.

My post was sarcasm directed towards the bible-thumpers and other anti-gay crowd, stating that, according to them, we somehow must inherently "live by their rules".

Anything else you need clarified?

Old 08-11-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You tell me. I've heard people make the point on numerous occasions that because it occurs in nature it must be healthy and "natural".
Prove that it isn't healthy and natural.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:01 PM

25,146 posts, read 54,047,005 times
The only part I disagree with about that is that *same sex intercourse* spreads AIDS easier in theory; however, that could be because they don't use a condom. Not sure about that??? Anyone know for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Prove that it isn't healthy and natural.

Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The only part I disagree with about that is that *same sex intercourse* spreads AIDS easier in theory; however, that could be because they don't use a condom. Not sure about that??? Anyone know for sure.
That is mere propeganda.

HIV is a blood pathogen, and can be spread through ANY form of intercourse, hetero- or homosexual intercourse (for both gays AND lesbians), deep kissing, etc. It can also be spread by direct contact of contaminated blood on an open wound or mucus membrane, such as a nurse, doctor, police officer, EMT, or fire fighter who gets splashed with contaminated blood in their mouths, nostrils, eyes, or on an open cut.

And yes, some gay men do indeed use a condom IF they participate in anal intercourse. Just as it is smart for any active hetero to use protection, it is just as wise for any active gay man as well.

Please artsy, and everyone, do yourselves, your family, your nieghbors a huge favor and research HIV/AID on any legitimate source, like the CDC and AMA sites, or any one of several AIDs Organization web sites.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 PM

428 posts, read 802,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You misread my post.

No, homosexuality is not a choice, as I've noted dozens of times on this forum already.

My post was sarcasm directed towards the bible-thumpers and other anti-gay crowd, stating that, according to them, we somehow must inherently "live by their rules".

Anything else you need clarified?
Oooh touchy.

Nope.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:43 PM

5,420 posts, read 6,521,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Its actually pretty difficult to get HIV through heterosexual vaginal intercourse - unless one has lots of open wounds on their genitals. Its approximately 100 times harder to catch than hepititas.

If a healthy female has vaginal intercourse with an HIV infected man, her chance of catching HIV is around 1 in 500. One study put the risk as low as 1 in 100,000.

If a healthy male has vaginal intercourse with an HIV infected female, his chance of catching HIV is so small it is only theoretical and unmeasurable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality