Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of MasterPath and its founder, Gary Olsen?
MasterPath seems to be a legitimate path to enlightenment 7 23.33%
MasterPath seems to be a benign cult that is not hurting anyone 1 3.33%
MasterPath seems to be a scam, but only hurts those that buy into it 1 3.33%
MasterPath seems to be a scam and Gary Olsen is a fraud 21 70.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 05:56 PM

28 posts, read 47,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepticalOne View Post
I don't know enough about MP to condone or condem,...., my place isn't to make an uninformed judgement on anything. My concern is that "something" in MP is influencing her decision here when there are so many simple and obviously positive choices that could be made. It's NOT that we don't care or love,....we both clearly do,..... but she is basing her decision on something within MP that I do not understand and am merely looking for a way to make better sense to her.
I know how you feel Skeptical one; I'm in a similar situation with someone involved in MasterPath. However, I made it my business to find out, and can see MP for what it is. I had an opportunity to listen to a collection of advanced tapes; ones only advanced member are supposed to hear. That was a sure eye-opener! I have no doubts as to what MasterPath is. A Dead End!

Speaking for myself, a relationship would need to be either an "all or none" situation. Sure, there is good and worthwhile “material” in MasterPath, but you don't need to be a member or a MP devotee to access that. The more deeply you become involved in MP, the greater its grip on you, the more dependent on "Master" Garry you will be. You don't want to get all caught up in all their dedicated instruction and become "zonked" into believing that Mr Gary is the only true God and you must be his servant in order to be "Saved". You'll only end up chasing the elusive rainbow of god-realization, like the proverbial donkey chasing the proverbial carrot they never get, and just end up only serving the all-knowing "guru". You can join her and do the same in there. Or, you can try and get her out and free her from all that control and submission. You don't want to be in a compromising situation either, where you are continuously "walking on eggs" to accommodate someone else's irate mood's of non-sensical "MasterPath" behavior, as a placative doormat? Take it up as a challenge! We are all true equals in this world and you have what it takes! Break her free! Believe in yourself and that "Love will Find a Way!" -All the Best my friend.

P.S. Have a look at page 118 of the other MP thread where I have some suggestions as to how you can approach your companion on this.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality