U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 AM

227 posts, read 318,033 times

Advertisements

Jesus never said i am God pray " obey me " ..yes he said i am and my father are the same .. he did not mean they are one ...he mean the they have the same message to the people

there is no verse in the Bible prove that Jesus said :I am God pray me
he did not make him self a God
how you make him a God !!!
and this christainity made by Paul who was one of the enemies of Jesus .... Jesus did not give the Gospel to his brothers or mother, or his best friends and gave it to one of his enemies !!!
Paul never saw Jesus !!!
and Jesus told us in the bible after his rise he will sent the Comfort to show us future not to sent us Paul to tell about him
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 AM

40,051 posts, read 31,836,105 times
For a change, I agree with you. Jesus most certainly did not claim godhood--of course, he had a perfectly valid reason for that. The Roman Empire happened to be occupying his homeland, and under Roman law, the Emperor was a god. Anyone else making that claim was guilty of treason...for which the penalty was death. So Jesus was very careful to avoid any violation of Roman law. Unfortunately, the NT was composed years after his death, and his surviving disciples didn't see any reason to continue observing that discretion.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 PM

61,305 posts, read 79,635,765 times
no he did not. he said im the son.
he also did not promise you a rose garden.
he died young broke and homeless no family never married.
not much good life going on there.
he had a whole lot more in common with people in the middle east
than americans. we got fat rich n old didnt we?

Old 10-21-2009, 12:27 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,742,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post
Jesus never said i am God pray " obey me " ..yes he said i am and my father are the same .. he did not mean they are one ...he mean the they have the same message to the people

and this christainity made by Paul who was one of the enemies of Jesus .... Jesus did not give the Gospel to his brothers or mother, or his best friends and gave it to one of his enemies !!!
Paul never saw Jesus !!!
and Jesus told us in the bible after his rise he will sent the Comfort to show us future not to sent us Paul to tell about him
Quote:
Once again you are wrong, Jesus said that He and the Father are one. I will believe Jesus over you.

John 10:30

I and the Father are one."

Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. 28:18)

Creator (John 1:3)

First and Last (Rev. 1:17; 2:8; 22:13) God is the only one called First in Last

God (John 1:1; 20:28; Heb. 1:8; Rom. 9:5; 2 Pet. 1:1;1 John 5:20; etc.)

I Am (John 8:58) God is the only one with the name I Am

Immanuel (Mt. 1:23)

Jesus has many names, but you refuse to place Him in His rightful place.

100 biblical names for JESUS

Old 10-21-2009, 09:58 PM

24 posts, read 32,549 times
This "comfort" that Jesus talked about, Insan, what could that possibly be?

Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,131,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by museofire View Post
This "comfort" that Jesus talked about, Insan, what could that possibly be?
the comfort is the prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم

And (remember) when 'Îsa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), said: "O Children of Israel! I am the Messenger of Allah unto you, confirming the Taurat [(Torah) which came] before me, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be ahmad. But when he (ahmad i.e. Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم) came to them with clear proofs, they said: "This is plain magic."
( سورة الصف , As-Saff, Chapter #61, Verse #6)
(Arabic, Transliteration, Urdu, Yusuf Ali, Shakir, Picthal, Mohsin Khan, French, Spanish, Indonesian, Melayu, German, Bosnian, Russian)

YouTube - In the passion of Christ, Jesus uses the word Allah and manahma. Must watch.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:47 PM

19,011 posts, read 26,980,432 times
All ye mussalmaan boys, pipe it down, once and for all

You know, I've heard this since I was born. And I have the same response. Your religion trails Christianity by 500 years. There's no way in C/D's A&A that the latter can take precedence to the former.

This is when one of them landed the bomb, Islam exists right from Allah, there's no beginning and no end. Yeah, that's too convenient to tell

Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM

3,586 posts, read 5,742,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insan777 View Post

Paul never saw Jesus !!!
God the Father called Jesus God:

Hebrew 1:8

8But about the Son he says,
"Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever,
and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.

So, how about you explain this verse that clearly says that Jesus is called God by the Father Himself.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 PM

24 posts, read 32,549 times
What a suprise, it's mohammed! I thought as much. If you believe that's the case then let's have a look what Jesus said about the comforter and see if it adds up.

"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:16-18)

So, Jesus asks his father to give them(his disciples) another helper to be with them forever, the spirit of truth (not a man; a spirit). The world won't be able to receive him because it doesn't 'behold' (see) him. His disciples will know him because he will live with them and in them.

That is just one passage from the book of John and already it shows that it is not a description of mohammed; he was a man, he could be seen, he didn't live with or in any of the disciples.

Let's look at another passage:

John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not be presenting his own ideas; he will be telling you what he has heard.

OK,so far that seems acceptable (apart from the fact that he is talking about a spirit).

He will tell you about the future.

I don't know about that - maybe.

14 He will bring me glory by revealing to you whatever he receives from me.
15 All that the Father has is mine; this is what I mean when I say that the Spirit will reveal to you whatever he receives from me.

So the comforter will receive from Jesus. What do you think?

Now, what the Bible was actually talking about,

acts 2 1When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. 2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues[a] as the Spirit enabled them.

this is part of what they said to many people, in different languages:

29"Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day. 30But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne. 31Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ,[f] that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay. 32God has raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact. 33Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.

Right, you no doubt have the view that the original writing mentions mohammed by name. I'm sorry, but that is a stretch of language to come to that view, I would think that whoever taught you this was incorrect.
You may have been taught that the christian view is incorrect because the holy spirit was already present on earth. It is true that the bible says the spirit was already on earth; he is noted as 'hovering over the face of the deep' in the book of genesis. Samson was said to have the 'spirit come upon him in power'. Yes, he was already present. Jesus asked that the spirit be sent to the disciples, though. Prophesies that God's spirit would be poured out on all mankind in the last days were made in the Old Testament -this shows that, although the spirit was present, he wasn't there 'with' or 'in' the disciples.

That is what the bible has to say about the issue.

I undertand that you will believe differently but it is quite plain to see that the comforter that Jesus talked about actually came, as he promised, to his immediate disciples, not many,many, years later, to people who didn't even know Jesus.

By the way, the holy spirit was to have revealed the Revelation to john - the future.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:43 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,131,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by museofire View Post
What a suprise, it's mohammed! I thought as much. If you believe that's the case then let's have a look what Jesus said about the comforter and see if it adds up.

"I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you, and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." (John 14:16-18)

So, Jesus asks his father to give them(his disciples) another helper to be with them forever, the spirit of truth (not a man; a spirit). The world won't be able to receive him because it doesn't 'behold' (see) him. His disciples will know him because he will live with them and in them.

That is just one passage from the book of John and already it shows that it is not a description of mohammed; he was a man, he could be seen, he didn't live with or in any of the disciples.

Let's look at another passage:

John 16:13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not be presenting his own ideas; he will be telling you what he has heard.

OK,so far that seems acceptable ......

YouTube - Muhammad (pbuh) The Spirit of Truth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality