Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 02:19 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
Our focus should not be on the rewards. While I know God has rewards for us in Heaven, it is not those rewards that I look forward to seeing and obtaining.
I agree with mari4him . . . if our focus is ongetting rewards . . . we are NOT focused on "loving God and each other." That will not produce pleasant outcomes, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 02:57 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,317,463 times
I know this will make a few eyes roll but it is the truth. The greatest reward for me is knowing I made someone else happy and putting a smile on their face, especially if there wasn't one there before. There's nothing like it, the positive energy comes back to you in even greater quantities then you gave. I don't need to wait until I'm dead for any reward that may or may not be forthcoming.

I say live your life as if this is your only one and make it the best it can be, look for the positive things and create some of your own and you'll have a much more fulfilling life. If you're only doing something for whatever reward some dusty old book is telling you that you might get in return then it is not genuine and from the heart in my opinion.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:37 PM

595 posts, read 762,150 times
Default Rewards in Heaven?

This is the only scripture I found in the NT of reward(s).
Hebrews 11:6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

And I only found 4 in the OT.

1 Samuel 26:23 The LORD rewards every man for his righteousness and faithfulness. The LORD delivered you into my hands today, but I would not lay a hand on the LORD's anointed.

Proverbs 12:14 From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things as surely as the work of his hands rewards him.

Revelation 22:12
"Behold, I am coming soon! My(Jesus) reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.
Isn't Jesus more than enough of a reward?
2 Tim. 4: 6For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time has come for my departure. 7I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
1 Thessalonians 2:19 For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?
James 1:12
Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
1 Peter 5:4
And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
Proverbs 4:9
She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor."
Isaiah 28:5 In that day the LORD Almighty will be a glorious crown, a beautiful wreath for the remnant of his people.
Isaiah 51:11
The ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.
Zechariah 9:16 The LORD their God will save them on that day as the flock of his people. They will sparkle in his land like jewels in a crown.

Jesus is so worthy to wait for. There is no greater reward than Him.

Daniel 2:6
But if you tell me the dream and explain it, you will receive from me gifts and rewards and great honor. So tell me the dream and interpret it for me."

Daniel 5:17 Then Daniel answered the king, "You may keep your gifts for yourself and give your rewards to someone else. Nevertheless, I will read the writing for the king and tell him what it means.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:58 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,805,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Is it good or bad for us waiting to get all of the rewards we want in Heaven?
Ask Jesus on judgement day, might be helpful to change the subject.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:35 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,102,901 times
I do try to perform good deeds without expecting the reward, I usually do it cause it's something I feel comfortable doing and that it's the right thing to do and I do want to make a difference in people's lives wherever I go and I do find it rewarding that I can make a difference in people's lives.

I also feel blessed that God has blessed me with a strong conscience and that He is able to help me think about the consequences before I act.

I do feel that I should try to give a little more love and joy towards people and to walk the path that God wants me to walk on
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality