Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:09 PM

33,637 posts, read 37,306,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Yes, reporters should report the news without spin, I agree, but their handlers obviously do not.

But you would not know about Fox News because you don't watch it, preferring instead to accept the fashionable moveon huff and spin and the mindless derogatory label "faux".

I watch many news channels and am convinced that all except Fox News are biased towards left wing politics, MSNBC probably being the most biased of them all. Fox is more evenly centered, almost always presenting commentators from both sides. But compared to the others Fox is biased towards the right.

You obviously choose to favor the currently popular left side of the political spectrum. That's ok, you're not alone, but if you'd watch both sides for a while and keep abreast of the rapidly changing numbers of people watching what channels you might come to realize for yourself that the nation is starting to right itself. Americans are being pushed too far in just one direction too fast. Doesn't work for long, but this time both parties are in trouble I think, there's too little difference to create a balance. I hope for you that we don't tip right over and fall on the north side.
I didn't say that I have never watched it...I have, but it was soon obvious to me that if I wanted actual news, then I would have to switch channels. I find that the Canadian news channels actually report the news without the spin put on it by some of the US channels...

I see that you conveniently ignore anyone's opinion but your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 06:30 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,385,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Some networks are biased but FOX takes the cake:
Fox News Channel controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That was funny, a bunch of liberals putting down Fox News, though strangely the Council on Foreign Relations called Fox more balanced internationally than CNN. (If my very quick skim was accurate.)

But ok, City Data is fair and balanced, here's the same scoop, but this time on CNN:

CNN controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-06-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
I watch it because my in laws eat it up. I call it Faux news and end up running around the house trying to pick my eyeballs up off the floor when they turn it on because of how much rolling they do.
Yes, I know, when you're running around spinning yourself it seems like it's everything else that is moving.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Fair and balanced by offering opposing views from comemntators? Sure, commentators no where enar the caliber of the right-wing commentators, and/or merely shouted down if they start to pwn the right-wingers. Fauz Snooze ADMITTED they lie.
I guess I missed that time when Fox News admitted they lie, maybe you can come up with a link?

But, sure you probably have a point there, it's difficult to find left wing commentators who are the same caliber as right-wing commentators. (Just kidding folks, I'm sure there are a few out there, somewhere...)

Are we still on topic? With all the fun happening I don't even recall what this thread is supposed to be about. Oh yeah, atheists vs Catholic church. Anybody winning yet? Anybody keeping score?

Old 11-06-2009, 08:36 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,704,784 times
Quote:
That was funny, a bunch of liberals putting down Fox News, though strangely the Council on Foreign Relations called Fox more balanced internationally than CNN. (If my very quick skim was accurate.)

But ok, City Data is fair and balanced, here's the same scoop, but this time on CNN:

CNN controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Recall. earlier that I did mention that networks have biases - MSNBC is certainly left-tilted. But, bother to skim with more than a cursory interest between the 2 links. 2 of the people cited in CNN are Novak (right wing scumbag) -someone FIX would have loved to have, and Beck who is now with FOX since he is FOX material. While I respect people like the good old William Buckley or even George Will, the current crop of characters at FOX are nowhere near the same class as Buckley et al. Plus, CNN cannot match FOX in trying to change the Wiki entries, or modifying photos, etc. The right-wingers could not have a better mouthpiece than FOX. Fair and balanced - my a$$. Friend of mine calls it "Full of Xcrement" - now that is mildly funny. Name 1 mainstream tv station to the right of FOX.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
....Name 1 mainstream tv station to the right of FOX.
That's the whole point isn't it? There are none, they're all left except Fox, so even if Fox is close to the center it may, when compared to the others, appear to be a good ways down the road to the right.

But yes, Fox News tilts to the right, just not in my opinion to the far right. To me it's refreshing to see the world a bit straighter after watching it through the left frame only as happens when watching the other channels.

But how about those atheists and the plague, that's the subject of this thread.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:28 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,704,784 times
Quote:
That's the whole point isn't it? There are none, they're all left except Fox, so even if Fox is close to the center it may, when compared to the others, appear to be a good ways down the road to the right.

But yes, Fox News tilts to the right, just not in my opinion to the far right. To me it's refreshing to see the world a bit straighter after watching it through the left frame only as happens when watching the other channels.
The point is that if you are totally to the right, FOX will appear to be quite normal and balanced.

Quote:
But how about those atheists and the plague, that's the subject of this thread.
If you look back, I have comments on that part earlier. Methinks it is the plague of brainwashed hardcore religious people playing the martyr while in majority - and who are scared of reason and logic - that we should be more wary of. Again the emphasis is on hardcore people and applies to all religions. Hardcore mullahs and christers both hate atheists.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
....Methinks it is the plague of brainwashed hardcore religious people playing the martyr while in majority - and who are scared of reason and logic - that we should be more wary of. Again the emphasis is on hardcore people and applies to all religions. Hardcore mullahs and christers both hate atheists.
I understand "mullahs" and assume with the other word that is probably not in any dictionary that you are referring to Christians. But real Christians are taught to hate nobody, in fact to love everyone, that's what Jesus Christ said they/we should do. Perhaps you are referring to extremists who claim to be Christian but who act in a manner that is not Christlike.

I don't understand how it is logical for you to think that anyone would be "scared of reason and logic" just because they are religious. Or are you of the opinion that only godless people value and exercise reason and logic?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:22 AM

4,275 posts, read 5,430,423 times
Quote:
I guess I missed that time when Fox News admitted they lie, maybe you can come up with a link?

But, sure you probably have a point there, it's difficult to find left wing commentators who are the same caliber as right-wing commentators. (Just kidding folks, I'm sure there are a few out there, somewhere...)

Are we still on topic? With all the fun happening I don't even recall what this thread is supposed to be about. Oh yeah, atheists vs Catholic church. Anybody winning yet? Anybody keeping score?
Certainly I can come up with a link, how about several? Google is your friend...

Glenn Beck admits lying over Muse retraction plea | News | NME.COM
The Immoral Minority: Fox admits that they lie and distort the news, so why are they so pissy?
Fox News Exec On Attempted Feinberg Interview Snub: We Requested Feinberg Interview, Gibbs Acknowledged Mistake

And how about the tactic most used by Faux Snooze commentators when they are having their bottoms handed to them?...

YouTube - Neil Cavuto shout down

A quick search on youtube will reveal many, m,any more ushc videos.

Fox News has managed to manuver themselves to a position on par with NewsMax and World Net Daily as far as credibility goes.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:46 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,915,677 times
I am willing to make a deal here.......If no more christers ever preach at me, then, I will no longer preach against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality