Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 12:33 PM

689 posts, read 552,460 times

Advertisements

Let me tell you all this before you make a decision to continue to fight God to see you own doom.

You don't have the intelligence to get to the point, that's what it is.

It is in the situation that the Canaanites are so religiously hardcore that they are very much willingly to kill their own children for Baal. A married woman will follow the religion of her husband. The married women of the Canaanites are as hardcore as very much willingly kill their own children to serve Baal as their husbands do.

The virgins after marrying their Hebrew husbands thus will (some of them will) adapt the Jewish religion to be saved.

The difference between your morality and God's morality is that God counts souls while you count physical bodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 12:34 PM

689 posts, read 552,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nope. No need to s'plain.

I get it: The OT god is insane, not to mention stupid beyond belief.
Keep an open mind and read my post just above.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:41 PM

64,121 posts, read 40,445,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
jeffbase, it is the ISIS mindset that is so apparent in your belief system when you defend OT perceptions that atheists (and anyone with a concern for PEOPLE) object to.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,329,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Keep an open mind and read my post just above.
I do.

And have.

And I'm sorry for what the bible has done to your brain.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:14 PM

10,103 posts, read 5,781,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
jeffbase, it is the ISIS mindset that is so apparent in your belief system when you defend OT perceptions that atheists (and anyone with a concern for PEOPLE) object to.
Nope, the mindset of ISIS is blind obedience through fear and punishment. The mindset of a Christian is that every person is on a unique life path in which God seeks to bless and use us as beacons of light in many different ways. That makes life both liberating and difficult. You are born alone and you die alone. No one can take your journey except you.

Old 12-08-2016, 01:23 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,361,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Nope, the mindset of ISIS is blind obedience through fear and punishment. The mindset of a Christian is that every person is on a unique life path in which God seeks to bless and use us as beacons of light in many different ways. That makes life both liberating and difficult. You are born alone and you die alone. No one can take your journey except you.

Maybe you should also read this thread

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...f-defense.html

And how do you know that those who travel from North America, Europe and Australia to fight for ISIS are doing it out of fear or punishment? Or even blind obedience as some of those fighters do not come from overly religious homes? The people of the OT were not Christians so how do you know there mindset. See this is the problem when you try to define how others think and act whether across the world or across time.

You must really hate Allah

Old 12-08-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Let me tell you all this before you make a decision to continue to fight God to see you own doom.

It is in the situation that the Canaanites are so religiously hardcore that they are very much willingly to kill their own children for Baal. A married woman will follow the religion of her husband. The married women of the Canaanites are as hardcore as very much willingly kill their own children to serve Baal as their husbands do.

The virgins after marrying their Hebrew husbands thus will (some of them will) adapt the Jewish religion to be saved.

The difference between your morality and God's morality is that God counts souls while you count physical bodies.

But the children of those who did not convert would follow the religion of Baal as the religion of the mother determines the religion of the child. Would this not endanger the lives of the children of these Hebrew men?

Plus https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancien...anite_religion

Religious practices[edit]

Archaeological investigations at the site of Tell el-Safiad have found the remains of donkeys, as well as some sheep and goats in Early Bronze Age layers, dating to 4900 years ago which were imported from Egypt in order to be sacrificed. One of the sacrificial animals, a complete donkey, was found beneath the foundations of a building, leading to speculation this was a 'foundation deposit' placed before the building of a residential house.[SIZE=2][17][/SIZE]
It is considered virtually impossible to reconstruct a clear picture of Canaanite religious practices. Although child sacrifice was known to surrounding peoples there is no reference to it in ancient Phoenician or Classical texts. The biblical representation of Canaanite religion is always negative.[SIZE=2][18][/SIZE]
Canaanite religious practice had a high regard for the duty of children to care for their parents, with sons being held responsible for burying them, and arranging for the maintenance of their tombs.[SIZE=2][19][/SIZE]
Canaanite deities such as Baal were represented by figures which were placed in shrines often on hilltops, or 'high places' surrounded by groves of trees, such as is condemned in the Hebrew Bible, in Hosea (v 13a) which would probably hold the Asherah pole, and standing stones or pillars.[SIZE=2][[/SIZE]

Old 12-08-2016, 01:44 PM

Jeff, see how this works? Hawkins made a claim that I thought might not be true and so I did a quick check on Wikipedia and saw that according to what is one there no evidence of the Canaanites killing their children for Baal is there. The reason I checked it out was that it sounded unreasonable for a minor group of people to be killing off their children when in fact the children were needed to care for them when they got old and also defend the group.

This is one of the reasons I am here, I now know that at least several posters are willing to assume much of the ancient world in order to justify what is in the OT and to put their "side" in good light and paint the others as more or less monsters that needed to be stopped. As well his explanation of the religion is weak as in Judaism it follows from the mother, I would be Jewish not because my father was but because my mother was. Well in fact neither were the least bit relgiouis but did identify with the Jewish people, maybe because they faced a lot more anti-Semitism then my generation and the next generation faced less than me however that is now changing and this generation is now having to deal with it being stronger than in the recent past.

Old 12-08-2016, 02:02 PM

11,109 posts, read 9,885,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Nope. No need to s'plain.

I get it: The OT god is insane, not to mention stupid beyond belief.
Basically, he's Sauron... but less clever and more unhinged.

And J.R.R. Tolkien was a much better writer than the rabble-by-committee that assembled the Bible.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:46 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,180,798 times
Quote:

Hilarious. Actually, the rape victim will be a slave to a man who murdered her family in the name of a mythical monster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality