Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:07 AM

71 posts, read 108,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Unlike most christians, SoCal and I can actually prove that our God exists.
Quote:
No one can prove it to you except you.
Neither you nor Angel can provide actual proof that your God exists. Other than illogical tripe, pretty words, and faith in an imaginary friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 11:53 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,040,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
Neither you nor Angel can provide actual proof that your God exists. Other than illogical tripe, pretty words, and faith in an imaginary friend.
To find God, you have to look within. That is where He lives. How many times did Jesus say, "God is within you?"
Even you athiests have a fragment of God indwelling within. God waits for all, even the unbeliever.

The only way you can find Him is through the stillness of the mind. How can He reveal Himself if your mind is too busy to stay quiet? Our minds are constantly thinking and when we sit in the silence, He will reveal Himself to you. It takes practice but He will reveal Himself.
God is a presence like no other.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:35 PM

33,624 posts, read 37,278,025 times
But, but, that is what we atheists have been saying all along. God resides within your mind. Most of us call these mind dwelling characters delusions until one begins to hear and see them, then they are referred to as hallucinations.

You divine love people think you have found some kind of truth, but yours is no truer than any other superstitious belief.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:35 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,254,735 times
Reverend1111: What you are saying is 'shut off your mind' (you phrased it as "stillness of the mind") to 'hear' this illusory God. Do you not know that when someone is placed in an anechoic chamber (absolute quiet), the sound of his blood pumping through his body is all he hears, at least until his mind fashions some entertainment for him? That way lies madness. I don't think I want to "practice" that.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
But, but, that is what we atheists have been saying all along. God resides within your mind. Most of us call these mind dwelling characters delusions until one begins to hear and see them, then they are referred to as hallucinations.

You divine love people think you have found some kind of truth, but yours is no truer than any other superstitious belief.
It's not a mind thing. It's a soul thing. They are two totally different things. The soul is you. The mind is just a part of you. The mind does not know truth wheras the soul only knows truth. In order to find what truth is, you have to lead with the soul and not the mind. You will know if it's God, an angel or an evil soul that talks with you.

We Divine Love folk have found "a kind of truth" just like everyone else finds there "kind of truth."

The only difference is that we would like others to share in the Love. We could give a rats booty if you want to believe in love or not. we could give a rats booty if you follow the bible or not. It's not our job to make you believe us. We just let you know our experiences and that's it. Who in the world would not want to know what Divine Love feels like if they already know what natural love feels like? Would you want to know what a far more stronger love feels like? The kind that literally will shake the ground you walk on, that will bend you to your knees in such elegant beauty that is indescribable? If love is all we are believing in, what is the harm in that? So what if we received channeled information. It's not hurting anyone. So what if we have experienced something that you cannot possibly understand. It's not hurting you. So what if what we believe is so out of this world and unheard of. It's not hurting anyone. We just want to share the joy and bliss of LOVE.

Go ahead and make fun, bash or whatever it is you want to do. It's not hurting us, it's hurting you. Those things will stay with you until you let them go whether you believe in God or not.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Reverend1111: What you are saying is 'shut off your mind' (you phrased it as "stillness of the mind") to 'hear' this illusory God. Do you not know that when someone is placed in an anechoic chamber (absolute quiet), the sound of his blood pumping through his body is all he hears, at least until his mind fashions some entertainment for him? That way lies madness. I don't think I want to "practice" that.
Read up on meditation and stillness. Better yet, an excellant cd would be the Akashic Construct cd. You can purchase it for 12.95. It teaches you how to meditate properly and lower your brain waves properly.
It doesn't cause madness, in fact, a lot of children who have used it have actually talked with Jesus and Celestials. They even learn how to heal real medical problems.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:55 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,254,735 times
Quote:
It doesn't cause madness, in fact, a lot of children who have used it have actually talked with Jesus and Celestials. They even learn how to heal real medical problems.
Case closed, as Archie would say. Rev, I agree with you much of the time, and I like your attitude in general, but this is way too much. Children are just learning to separate the real world from fantasy, at least in most cases. I don't think that helps them do so.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:58 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,043,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Truth, knowledge and love. How to solve the problem of what is true and what is not.

Well, when you are sure that you have discovered or have had revealed to you a truth,
STOP there. My whole point is how are you so sure you have discovered truth. All you have basically said is "it's true because it's true." Then you point me to a site that tells me I need to gently beat that "truth" into my brain. BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW IT'S TRUE?

You said I will know because I will have good things happen to me that can't be explained without a supernatural influence. Coming up with solutions to problems and lowering stress do not require the supernatural. Nothing happens to me that needs a supernatural explanation. So that is a dead end.

Then I hear that I must learn through my soul instead of my mind. Well this is just a nonsense statement; "soul" is a meaningless term with no actual scientific evidence to solidify the definition. First define "soul" and then describe the EXACT PROCESS one goes through to "learn through the soul instead of the mind."

Old 11-13-2009, 04:12 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,971,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbok23 View Post
Marijuana does not have any comparison to a relationship with God or an "imaginary friend" so to speak. Marijuana is the process of killing brain cells and doing damage to your lungs and health, a relationship with god does nothing of the sort. People who say otherwise just can't kick the habit and will do anything to defend the drug, simple as that.
Rastafarians would disagree with you vehemently.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:09 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,173,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
But then, I suppose I'm simply not "aware".
Bingo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality