Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 09:17 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,165,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
Neither you nor Angel can provide actual proof that your God exists. Other than illogical tripe, pretty words, and faith in an imaginary friend.
The actual proof comes with you.

Aren't you the least bit curious?

You can ask that question.

Before you fall asleep one night and your mind is relaxed... just say:
God are you real? What is the truth?

Then forget about it.

The answer will come to you at some point as surely as the sun rises in the west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
You said you had proof of your god existing, but all you do is assert that my mind couldn't possibly do its normal tasks without outside influence from spirits. You say I am a soul and that God is (a) soul too.

If you cannot prove your statements about spirits, souls, etc. being real, then saying basically 'since they exist, god must exist' is a completely baseless statement (and a non sequitur).
Well, I checked your profile and it says you're married... so let's assume you love your wife. And with that assumption comes a pretty good conclusion that you have a heart that loves and reaches out and enjoys life.

You don't have to abandon your critical thinking skills... thinking is good especially when it comes to knowledge about who and what we are, where we came from and where we are going.

I would hope that you're curious about this.

The proof is with you as to all the things I'm sharing, because of the fact that you do not believe it.

Before we are born on this earth, our souls are created by God in the Heavens. Our souls are made in God's image, which is invisible. Our soul is the life source, the engine, of who we are and without a soul, we do not exist on this earth. We are either not born yet, or we have passed over into the next world, the spirit world.

We are only on this earth for a very short time and it is only one phase of our existence. The reason for our birth is for the sole purpose of giving the soul a spirit body and this body is the exact same form as ours... therefore, we are composed of three elements, physical body, spirit body and soul.

And, no, this is not a hunch on my part, because I can feel my soul. And I'm sure Reverend1111 feels hers, too. And, as we have both shared, the reason this has happened to us is that our souls had an awakening. When we accepted what we had learned and began applying the knowledge to actual action, and then we received a reaction and that reaction, or result, is the inflowing into our souls of God's Divine Love.

When you hear Christians talking about the Holy Spirit as being a man, who is a comforter, they are half right. The Holy Spirit is God's highest energy and it is this energy which brings the Love into our souls, around the area of our hearts. It is not a man.

When we tell you about God's Divine Love, it is the highest love in all the universe, but it's not the only love available. God loves everyone without exception, but that love isn't His very essence, as is the Divine Love.

When Jesus discovered that He was the Messiah, he had been praying for this Love for many years and he eventually became a divine man. He was never God or claimed to be and, unfortunately, that myth may never be dispelled. He never died on the cross to save anyone's sins... rather, he died because he would not deny his Father in Heaven and the mission that was his calling as the Messiah.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:21 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,028,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Case closed, as Archie would say. Rev, I agree with you much of the time, and I like your attitude in general, but this is way too much. Children are just learning to separate the real world from fantasy, at least in most cases. I don't think that helps them do so.
Actually it's our parents and what we believe and instill in our children that seperate them from reality. Children remember God until the earth encrustments take over from our parents. Children are the best to teach of the spirit world and pure love because they are open to anything and have no set beliefs.

The spirit world is reality becaue it is created by our souls, which is the real us. Earth is an image that we have projected out of fear, hatred, jealousy, etc. When we get back to Love, the world will too.

Old 11-14-2009, 05:34 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,028,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
The actual proof comes with you.

Aren't you the least bit curious?

You can ask that question.

Before you fall asleep one night and your mind is relaxed... just say:
God are you real? What is the truth?

Then forget about it.

The answer will come to you at some point as surely as the sun rises in the west.
That's what happened to me when I found the DL. I was reading all kinds of religious stuff and was actually reading the bible at the time. I couldn't fathom what the bible had in it with murder, hatred and just plain junk that I no longer wanted in my life. I asked God to show me what was true because I was just tired of so much gloom and doom and I was so sure I was headed straight for hell. (I probably would be if I hadn't found DL)
Anyway, I got so mad at God because I was never protected throughout my life from an abusive father and husband. I was literally yelling at God and told Him how much I hated Him for bringing me to this world.

The very next day, I kid you not, I found the New-Birth web site of Geoff's. It had every single answer I was looking for. So, I then started praying for the Dl and in about 6 weeks, It came into my soul. I literally had to hold the cabinet or I would have fallen over. I had just gotten out of the shower and I told God what an awesome dude He was and His love just filled my very being. It was so unexpected and I felt so much peace and happiness at that moment I just knew, without any doubt, that God was real and loved me more than I could possibly imagine.

I still have trust issues but I'm not complaining as I have overcome the worst of it all. I've forgiven all who had abused me in everyway and I give my love to all I meet. I may not reside in the upper mansion worlds when I go there but I do know I won't be in darkness.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
SCA

You have obviously found something that means a whole lot to you, however what I see is that you are taking your worldview experiences and assuming everyone else is the same. this is called projection and is the fundamentals of all religions.

Just like all other religions espoused here, yours is just as conditional.

Any deity worth his/her soap, should not need any altercations by ourselves. They should be able to override our intellect and reveal themselves to us.

What you are suggesting is that we dismiss our intellect and try and find your "feel good" version. At the end of the day, your (more reasonable) version still insists in belief in the invisible and "unknown"
It is only invisible and unknown when a soul is asleep as it were. Once it has awakened, the possibilities for intellectual knowledge and enlightenment are vast.

Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 PM

5,537 posts, read 7,120,143 times
Quote:
...Shut off your mind and close your eyes....

Old 11-16-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
You know the old saying... don't know it until you've tried it.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:27 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,819 times
Quote:
It is only invisible and unknown when a soul is asleep as it were. Once it has awakened, the possibilities for intellectual knowledge and enlightenment are vast.
Again you make a fundamental mistake assuming I have a soul and furthermore it is asleep.

Really, nothing you have posted sounds remotely appealing to me - not sure of others though.

I think I will stick with my own enlightenment in that all this belief in invisible deities and angels is all man-made crutches to try and get through life and its challenges.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:25 PM

5,537 posts, read 7,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalangel2009 View Post
the answer will come to you at some point as surely as the sun rises in the west.
lmao!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality