Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 08:35 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,458,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I have been involved over 30 years with what is best described as the Church Without Walls.
I just believe in Jesus, and fellowship with likeminded believers who worship Jesus, know Jesus by being adopted into His One Living Spirit [Christ is that Spirit], which adoption into His Living Spirit is called second birth, from above.
Jesus is the only Way, the only Truth, and the only Life. If one is not in Him, does not know Him, and therefore is not "known by Him", then there is
nothing new
nothing old
nothing anywhere at all
which will give one "Life, and that more abundantly".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 08:59 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,382,078 times
Answer to title of thread. No.

This forum, BTW, is religion AND PHILOSOPHY. Wouldn't it be wise to make them two separate forums?

Old 11-07-2009, 09:01 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
My question is,....Why do christers use "know" as a euphemism for "believe" when they are, in fact, quite different things.
Well, I don't consider myself to be a "christer" but if that's want you want to call it, be my guest.

The reason why I say I know these things is for the simple reason that not only have I been taught this knowledge, I have applied it to my own circumstances. This is, therefore, not merely a belief.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
I just believe in Jesus, and fellowship with likeminded believers who worship Jesus, know Jesus by being adopted into His One Living Spirit [Christ is that Spirit], which adoption into His Living Spirit is called second birth, from above.
Jesus is the only Way, the only Truth, and the only Life. If one is not in Him, does not know Him, and therefore is not "known by Him", then there is
nothing new
nothing old
nothing anywhere at all
which will give one "Life, and that more abundantly".
Well, God bless you for what you believe.

Which, and please don't go into cardiac arrest when I tell you this, is very similar to what I believe. Except for the fact that I don't worship Jesus. I love him as my Brother in Christ.

I worship God, my Heavenly Father. And I might add, that Jesus does the same.

Blessings.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:11 AM

73 posts, read 88,688 times
Marijuana does not have any comparison to a relationship with God or an "imaginary friend" so to speak. Marijuana is the process of killing brain cells and doing damage to your lungs and health, a relationship with god does nothing of the sort. People who say otherwise just can't kick the habit and will do anything to defend the drug, simple as that.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbok23 View Post
Marijuana does not have any comparison to a relationship with God or an "imaginary friend" so to speak. Marijuana is the process of killing brain cells and doing damage to your lungs and health, a relationship with god does nothing of the sort. People who say otherwise just can't kick the habit and will do anything to defend the drug, simple as that.
Touche'.

Thanks for your input. It's a shame that people feel the need to go to such lengths to obtain an unnatural high by smoking weed, or injecting themselves or snorting any other sick substance, but you know that is their free will choice. And if that's how people want to live, so be it.

I do not feel that type of need. I'd rather be high on God's Divine Love.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:33 AM

73 posts, read 88,688 times
Quote:
Touche'.

Thanks for your input. It's a shame that people feel the need to go to such lengths to obtain an unnatural high by smoking weed, or injecting themselves or snorting any other sick substance, but you know that is their free will choice. And if that's how people want to live, so be it.

I do not feel that type of need. I'd rather be high on God's Divine Love.
Agreed, or just high on life. All one has to do is look around and realize how amazing this world is. Dark in some places, yes, but if well all open our eyes we can spread that light where it is needed the most.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbok23 View Post
Agreed, or just high on life. All one has to do is look around and realize how amazing this world is. Dark in some places, yes, but if well all open our eyes we can spread that light where it is needed the most.
Amen.

And if you equate "light" and love, you are on the right track.

Blessings.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:48 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
Quote:
I have been involved over 30 years with what is best described as the Church Without Walls. It is all about having a personal relationship with God and becoming at-one with Him by receiving God's Divine Love into our souls brought to us by the Holy Spirit through prayer and earnest longings.

God's Divine Love lifts you up and brings a blissful happiness, peace, tolerance, forgiveness, and most of all love for everyone.

If anyone here is not satisfied with the old way of thinking about religion, you may get a whole new perspective about where you came from, why you are here, and where you are going.

If you are interested in learning about what happens when we die and where we go after that and you are not convinced that what you've been told is the real deal, I'd be happy to share with you what I know.

In the meantime, if you would like to check out a website that deals with this subject at length, go to: Truth for all people God's Divine Love Messages Angels Spirit Soul Jesus God Prayer Faith Spiritual Life Happiness Destiny Salvation World Spirituality Celestial Heavens Spheres Creation Knowledge Gift Immortality The Holy Spirit New Birth Soulmates .

Hey, another DL sister!! Right on!! Maybe I know you? Maybe we are to meet in LA in the spring if we haven't met already?

Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Hey, another DL sister!! Right on!! Maybe I know you? Maybe we are to meet in LA in the spring if we haven't met already?
Let's rock 'n roll. :-)

I met you in Santa Cruz and I'm thrilled to see you here.

Love and blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality