Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:03 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,032,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
I think you both missed the analogy wrt to weed. When I smoked it waaaay back when, the escape from reality it gave not to mention an effective pain killer which is why I started using it in the first place is exactly what belief in invisible entities is - ESCAPISM

I tried the weed first and then the invisible guy later for 30 years, conclusion, weed was guaranteed to deliver whereas the invisible guy just remained invisible. I kicked the weed habit after 6 months but it took me much longer to get off the fairy tale stuff.

Going back on weed or the fairy dust, is highly unlikely for me as I have now found peace with the world and all its evils the church tried to portray, I kinda like my own company and do not miss the invisible friend as he never existed outside of my imagination. Yes I too imagined the anointing because I wanted it to be real.

I guess the rastafarians have the best of both delusions
I used to smoke weed before I found Divine Love. When I started praying for It and received it, the inclination to smoke it left me. I was hiding behind it because I didn't want to deal with what my own father had done to me while I was growing up.
After the DL entered my soul, I was then able to confront all those issues head on and they have not resurfaced since. I forgave my father and I love him for who he is and not what I thought he was. He is a child of God first. The things he did to me were just a reflection of what he thought of himself. He hated himself and could never love his children. He took that hate out on all of us. Now I see him as God sees him because of the Love that God gave me so that I could see my own father through the eyes of God.
Anything is possible with God and with Divine Love because DL is God's gift to us when we sincerely ask. You don't even have to give up your current beliefs. All you have to do is ask. After a while, you will feel it if you ask will all sincerity and truely want to know God.
As you receive more of His love, all the negative inclinations leave. You are then left with positives no matter what arises in your life. Sure, you'll still have bad days because it doesn't make you perfect right away. It slowly works on your soul. After a time, you will become perfect as God is perfect but it does take time, years upon years but it's the foundation that Jesus so often spoke of in the bible. The Rock that never falls. Once you have it, it will never go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 05:40 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,643,187 times
SoCalAngel2009 wrote:
Quote:
Oh, so you just stopped by, too, while passing the time away then? That's fine.

You don't have to believe in God or anything else if that suits your world and you're comfortable with it.

I look at it this way, if people want to sit and be miserable wallowing in their own cynicism, okay by me.
Since I've never had the pleasure of meeting you in person what makes you think that myself and other atheists are miserable? I also wouldn't have chosen the word cynicism to describe myself, I think realism is much more accurate.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:34 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,168,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
SoCalAngel2009 wrote:

Since I've never had the pleasure of meeting you in person what makes you think that myself and other atheists are miserable? I also wouldn't have chosen the word cynicism to describe myself, I think realism is much more accurate.
Well, you may be surprised that you would actually like me.

I am not some religious fanatic. I have only important facts and news to share.

Well, perhaps, I was mistaken and you're not cynical... critical may be the appropriate word. But that's alright, too, because most Americans are critical thinkers and that's a good thing.

I also share your belief in realism, as what you see is what you get.

When I first learned about the things I am sharing with you, I thought the exact as you did. But after hearing about it for two years, I came to the conclusion that maybe I should take note of it. I did and the rest is history and my happiness is beyond anything that I ever dreamed it could be.

So inasmuch as I've got time on my hands... two years worth of sharing and teaching is probably about the right amount of time for people to grasp the concept.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:50 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,768,274 times
SoCalAngel, if you are anything like Reverend1111 you may find you'll have quite a few atheist and agnostic fans on this board. Though I doubt you'll find many of us searching for something new to believe in. And no, I'm not sure why I opened this thread. The title just caught my attention, because the idea of searching for something new to believe in is hard for me to grasp. Regardless, welcome!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:11 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,558,349 times
OP: Great thread! It's refreshing to see an offering of gentility.

Oooo cool. We're having a thunderstorm!!!! (Livin' in the moment.) Rain is normal here but not the thunder! *bliss*

Old 11-07-2009, 07:51 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,057,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, perhaps, I was mistaken and you're not cynical... critical may be the appropriate word. But that's alright, too, because most Americans are critical thinkers and that's a good thing.
I assume that was tongue in cheek Based on what I read on fora on the interwebs, it is hardly indicative of that statement
Quote:
I also share your belief in realism, as what you see is what you get.
I kinda envision this divine love as a bunch of hippies out of the 60' era

Not that I have anything against hippies.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
SoCalAngel, if you are anything like Reverend1111 you may find you'll have quite a few atheist and agnostic fans on this board. Though I doubt you'll find many of us searching for something new to believe in. And no, I'm not sure why I opened this thread. The title just caught my attention, because the idea of searching for something new to believe in is hard for me to grasp. Regardless, welcome!
Hey Lamplight,

Nice to meet you. When I came on board today, I didn't know Reverend1111 was already here sharing the good news... so talk about something cool.

Well, God bless you all for being here and checking out my thread.

It doesn't really matter whether you are searching or not... consider this your lucky day, as you have once again found that which you have not been seeking.

I realize that the majority of people are set in their ways and not willing to change and this is very understandable... especially if you like your way of life and to you, it's all good.

Rev1111 and I are sharing something that you do not currently possess and it's something that if you would care to investigate, then you might actually enjoy the great feelings that come with it... and we are speaking from experience as two, who possess that which you do not have.

It is rather remarkable in this crazy world we live in where everyone just has to have everything... the "keeping up with the Joneses" syndrome... that people would choose to reject something awesome that is literally handed to them on a silver platter. But such is life.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
I assume that was tongue in cheek Based on what I read on fora on the interwebs, it is hardly indicative of that statement

I kinda envision this divine love as a bunch of hippies out of the 60' era

Not that I have anything against hippies.
Hi justme58,

Great seeing you here again.

Sorry... never was a hippie... not my bag.

I'm as normal as apple pie.

The other day I was talking to someone at work and the subject of God came up and I told her that I was a very spiritual person. And do you know what she said, "I didn't know that." I told her about God's Divine Love and do you know what she said? Much to my surprise.

"I believe you."

Old 11-07-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
OP: Great thread! It's refreshing to see an offering of gentility.

Oooo cool. We're having a thunderstorm!!!! (Livin' in the moment.) Rain is normal here but not the thunder! *bliss*
So happy you like it.

Stick around... you might learn something.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:53 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,768,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Rev1111 and I are sharing something that you do not currently possess and it's something that if you would care to investigate, then you might actually enjoy the great feelings that come with it... and we are speaking from experience as two, who possess that which you do not have.
Most of us here have read quite a few of Reverend1111's posts, and I think we probably have a decent grasp of what yours and her beliefs entail, and this is likely why most of us seem to get along well with the Divine Love folks. At this point in my life, I simply cannot make myself believe in a deity of any kind. However, if one exists, I would certainly hope it is like the one you believe in. The God I used to worship was completely different, and one I would hope is not real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality