Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 09:36 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
Most of us here have read quite a few of Reverend1111's posts, and I think we probably have a decent grasp of what yours and her beliefs entail, and this is likely why most of us seem to get along well with the Divine Love folks. At this point in my life, I simply cannot make myself believe in a deity of any kind. However, if one exists, I would certainly hope it is like the one you believe in. The God I used to worship was completely different, and one I would hope is not real.
Touche'.

It's so good to know that the God of old is not the one that really exists. If you know that your father on earth loves you, and hopefully he does or did if he has now passed on, then you must know how much more our true Father in Heaven loves us all... whether we are good, bad and indifferent.

We are His children by the mere fact that he created us and we are His loves and He sincerely desires us to live in happiness and harmony... to love each other and to live in a world where there is peace.

What Rev1111 and I are sharing is a way to achieve this simple pleasure and the end result is not only at-onement with our Father, but also immortality after we cease to exist on this earth and move into the next world. There is no other way for this to occur.

Blessings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 03:10 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
Quote:
Most of us here have read quite a few of Reverend1111's posts, and I think we probably have a decent grasp of what yours and her beliefs entail, and this is likely why most of us seem to get along well with the Divine Love folks. At this point in my life, I simply cannot make myself believe in a deity of any kind. However, if one exists, I would certainly hope it is like the one you believe in. The God I used to worship was completely different, and one I would hope is not real.
See, I never understood why in this world someone would want to worship a murderous, hateful God. If the God of the OT is the one so many people worship, why would they even consider that there just might be a God that loves us in a way beyond our own imaginings? People like to cling to ideas passed from generation to generation because they would rather not upset their parents or grandparents. So they stay in a miserable relationship with a God of hate. They truely believe He is the one true God and when they finally do step away from it, they don't seek the one who is true.
I feel very lucky in that aspect because I"ve never believed in the bible or the God of the OT. Actually, I never really thought much of a God of anything. He was just there waiting for us for some reason unknown to me.
When I really started searching, I went from reading the bible, Koran, other belief sets and ended with the Divine Love church. I got all my answers and a God of complete, total unconditional love and not a fake Love that you could discard at any moment. A god who loves us beyond imagining. A God who will comfort and be there even if we can't see Him.
I love talking with all of you guys in so many ways but mostly because you are genuine and you aren't fake in what you believe. You tackle what comes your way without blaming an entity that you don't know is out there.

If you could imagine a God, Father, Freind, Personal Guide and Brother who absolutely adores you beyond imagining and Loves you in a way that is not conceived with the human mind, would you then consider asking that same Entity for His love to comfort, destroy all negatives, help you on your journey and be a listening ear even if you hate him for what humans have done to His name? Would you ask Him to be your friend and ask Him for His love?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:46 AM

71 posts, read 108,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post

Do you realize the fact that because you have actually read our posts, while you do not believe one iota of it, our words are now imprinted in your memory cells and when you pass over into the next world, as you begin to have a soul awakening, these words will appear right before your very own eyes and, of course, even then you may not believe it. But that's okay. It's your life and your choice.
right back at ya! Maybe you'll be seeing the words of agnostics and atheists *right before your very own eyes*..... and of course, you may not believe it...but that's okay. It's your life and your choice!

btw: Why are YOU here?

What is it with believers that makes them think their belief in imaginary gods is valid and more worthy of discussion than an agnostic or atheist who asks for evidence of such bold claims?

as far as the rest of your inane *blessing* posts .... yawn

Old 11-08-2009, 10:55 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
right back at ya! Maybe you'll be seeing the words of agnostics and atheists *right before your very own eyes*..... and of course, you may not believe it...but that's okay. It's your life and your choice!

What is it with believers that makes them think their belief in imaginary gods is valid and more worthy of discussion than an agnostic or atheist who asks for evidence of such bold claims?

Unlike most christians, SoCal and I can actually prove that our God exists. It will take work on your part, however, we know that He is a real existing personality. The only thing that you will need is an open mind and some little bitty iota that a God exists. Even if you don't believe in a God in this life, once you pass over, something will tug at your soul and then you'll remember what we said about Divine Love. You now know the term and it will never leave you.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post

Well, hello earthman,

Did you know that it is easier for athiests and agnostics to accept what Rev1111 and I are sharing than it is for those whose beliefs are firmly fixed.

So as I said in one of my earlier posts, don't knock it until you've tried it.

You may yawn at my blessings now, but there may just become a time in your future existence when you will thank me.

Peace.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 AM

9,726 posts, read 16,748,189 times
If I understand Divine Love correctly, doesn't God love every person regardless of their beliefs, and no one will be tormented for eternity? If this is the case, then those who don't believe should have nothing to worry about. In fact, no one should have anything to worry about (correct me if I misunderstand your beliefs). I think that if there is a God, then "he" must have given me the ability to think rationally and observe what he created in a physical, non-religious way. In my opinion, this is the biggest difference between us and the rest of the animal kingdom, and I would expect such a God to want me to use what he gave me, even if I don't believe he exist.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
If I understand Divine Love correctly, doesn't God love every person regardless of their beliefs, and no one will be tormented for eternity? If this is the case, then those who don't believe should have nothing to worry about. In fact, no one should have anything to worry about (correct me if I misunderstand your beliefs). I think that if there is a God, then "he" must have given me the ability to think rationally and observe what he created in a physical, non-religious way. In my opinion, this is the biggest difference between us and the rest of the animal kingdom, and I would expect such a God to want me to use what he gave me, even if I don't believe he exist.
God does love all of us, that you can be sure of, and He wants us all to be happy, not only while we are here, but when we pass into the next world as well.

Divine Love is distinguished from the natural love that we are all born with in that it is a higher Love that must be given to us from God, when we ask for it with sincere prayer and soul longings. And, of course, it is His desire that we all ask for it, but it is not a requirement for living and if people do not want it, God will never force it on anyone.

As we can see from the natural love, it may have a tendency to come and go as our free wills pursue various things and activities. This is one reason why many couples cannot stay married. This is another reason why sin and evil still exist and wars among men continue.

What Divine Love does is remove the tendency for sin and evil from our soul so that we become a people of peace, love and goodwill and these attributes are just automatic... and you don't even have to think twice about it.

As far as being tormented for all eternity, this is not what God intends. At some point in time, anyone who has found themselves in Hell, will progress out of that condition and they will either become purified in their natural love, or they will follow the path of Divine Love. It is always their call.

Those following the natural love path will be happy and will reach no higher in the next world than the sixth sphere but they will not become immortal, whereas those following the Divine Love Path move beyond the seventh sphere and into the Celestial Heavens where Divine Love reigns supreme and they do become immortal and as a result their happiness is beyond all comprehension.

There is so much more...

Old 11-08-2009, 12:11 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times
Quote:
Anything is possible with God and with Divine Love because DL is God's gift to us when we sincerely ask. You don't even have to give up your current beliefs. All you have to do is ask. After a while, you will feel it if you ask will all sincerity and truely want to know God.
If this is true, then why didn't god give it to me when I asked during my Christian years?

Old 11-08-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
If this is true, then why didn't god give it to me when I asked during my Christian years?
Well, there's no time like the present to ask for it again. It's always available... day or night... 24/7.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:25 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, there's no time like the present to ask for it again. It's always available... day or night... 24/7.
If its always available, then why didn't it work for me earlier?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality