Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 07:26 AM

71 posts, read 108,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Unlike most christians, SoCal and I can actually prove that our God exists.
You state rather unequivocally that SoCal and you can actually prove that your God exists. I simply asked that you prove it.

>Quote by SoCalAngel: ...I feel the limitations that I am under in endeavoring to give you a satisfactory description of the only and true God, not because of the paucity of knowledge and conception on my part, but because of the fact that you have not the required soul development to enable me to form the necessary rapport with you in order that the exact Truth as to Who the Father is may be expressed through your brain.

SoCal states that she cannot provide a description of God because I do not have the soul development that would "enable" her to "express the exact truth through my brain." Now, I think that is a not-so-subtle judgment of another person that is based on what? Plus, no one expresses through another person's brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
If you don't want it, fine but don't go bashing on someone who actualy does.
Not bashing. Openly challenging. There's a difference. I checked out your link. It's no different than a thousand other groups who think they are the truth, the way, the Divine Love, etc. In fact, it is pretty much the same rap, different wrapping.

I would respond by saying: Don't make bold proclamations that you can actually PROVE your God exists, and when asked to "prove it" then you come back with "You have nothing to prove."

Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Yes, you are right: I do not believe or want what you are proselytizing.

Have a nice day and good luck in convincing people that, unlike Christians, your God actually exists and can be proven.

Last edited by earthman; 11-09-2009 at 08:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 07:58 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
You state rather unequivocally that SoCal and you can ACTUALLY prove that your God exists. I simply asked that you: prove it.

>Quote by SoCalAngel: ...I feel the limitations that I am under in endeavoring to give you a satisfactory description of the only and true God, not because of the paucity of knowledge and conception on my part, but because of the fact that you have not the required soul development to enable me to form the necessary rapport with you in order that the exact Truth as to Who the Father is may be expressed through your brain.

SoCal states that she cannot provide a description of God because I do not have the soul development that would "enable" her to "express the exact truth through my brain." Now, I think that is a not-so-subtle judgment of another person that is based on what?

Not bashing. Openly challenging. There's a difference. I checked out your link. It's no different than a thousand other groups who think they are the truth, the way, the Divine Love, etc.

I would respond by saying: Don't make bold proclamations that you can actually PROVE your God exists, and when asked to "prove it" then you come back with "You have nothing to prove."

But thanks for the link. I checked it out. No, you are right: I do not believe or want what you are proselytizing.

have a nice day
Hey you,

I'm glad you checked out the link... I've done my job.

I specifically didn't mention that those are not my words. They come from the highest source in all the earth and beyond. If you don't happen to agree with them, that's okay. At least you can't ever say, "No one ever told me."

And you have a splendid day.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
You state rather unequivocally that SoCal and you can actually prove that your God exists. I simply asked that you prove it.

SoCal states that she cannot provide a description of God because I do not have the soul development that would "enable" her to "express the exact truth through my brain." Now, I think that is a not-so-subtle judgment of another person that is based on what? Plus, no one expresses through another person's brain.

Not bashing. Openly challenging. There's a difference. I checked out your link. It's no different than a thousand other groups who think they are the truth, the way, the Divine Love, etc. In fact, it is pretty much the same rap, different wrapping.

Thanks for the link. I checked it out. Yes, you are right: I do not believe or want what you are proselytizing.

Have a nice day and good luck in convincing people that, unlike Christians, your God actually exists and can be proven.
Quote:
"Really? Prove it. Tell me something about myself that only *God* knows! Who are you? God's messenger to non-believers like me?"
Seems to me earthman, you want me to tell you something of yourself. I can't do that. You didn't ask how to prove God, you asked me to tell you something of yourself to prove that God exists. Sorry, I don't do that.

If you want to know that God of Divine Love, you will have to ask for His love and after a period of time, you will receive His love if you want it with all your heart, mind and soul. It will not flow into you just by mere words. It doesn't work like that. You have to want it. Seems you don't.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:49 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,687,211 times
Quote:
.... In fact, it is pretty much the same rap, different wrapping.

Yup!

Old 11-09-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Yup!
It may appear on the surface to have the same wrapping, however, there is a difference.

Think of it this way.

One is like coal.

The other is like a diamond.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
It may appear on the surface to have the same wrapping, however, there is a difference.

Think of it this way.

One is like coal.

The other is like a diamond.
I actually read all the posts. You may be right but I simply do not see it. Different strokes for different folks....

Old 11-09-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I actually read all the posts. You may be right but I simply do not see it. Different strokes for different folks....
Well, awesome.

You don't have to believe.

I was in your shoes once myself and I didn't want to know or care to know about this stuff.

What usually happens with people is this... when they are at their lowest point in life and they begin questioning why it is happening and what and who can help give them a boost, this information is helpful to them.

So this is what happened to me... and here I am merely wanting to share something cool.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
What usually happens with people is this... when they are at their lowest point in life and they begin questioning why it is happening and what and who can help give them a boost, this information is helpful to them.
I can assure you that I am probably at the highest point of my life. My experience, education, almost 2 decades of marriage to the same person, great kids, money, happiness etc etc are working out dandy. If I were ever to reach a low point, I would rely on myself, not on any religious crutch.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I can assure you that I am probably at the highest point of my life. My experience, education, almost 2 decades of marriage to the same person, great kids, money, happiness etc etc are working out dandy. If I were ever to reach a low point, I would rely on myself, not on any religious crutch.
Awesome... congrats on a successful life.

Well, relying on yourself is what it's all about, because ultimately it's up to you and we each have to take responsibility for our actions.

So is this one of your little hobbies, just checkin' things out here? What does your wife say?

Old 11-09-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
...So is this one of your little hobbies, just checkin' things out here? What does your wife say?
She thinks it is a waste of time -she is probably right. But it is fun too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality