Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times

Advertisements

The love of my life is my now husband but I also have enough spare for my friends, nature, a thirst for knowledge and new experiences.

I adore travelling ( could not live without it) , Archaeology, Anthropology, the Arts, Architecture, The Theatre, Cinema, Music and Reading is such a huge part of my life that it would have to be pretty high on the list of my true loves...

I love the feel of the Wind of my face whilst sailing, the huge open skies during Winter storms in the Scottish Highlands, the dancing of the flames in camp-Fires, the whisper of leaves in the Fall , the feel of sand or grass upon my bare feet , the hushed tones of a Snow blanketed street at night, and the wildlife this planet is blessed with which brings me joy from tiny insects to Cetaceans the gentle creatures of the Deep... We are surrounded by wonders yet too often we look but do not see.

Reverend1111 is a Sun-Worshipper, I am an Ocean fiend. The Marine environment suits me like a wet-suit glove and I revel in all its wonders, the rougher the better. Put me on a boat and I begin to truly breathe , most of my inner demons vanishing with the waves....

As a very wise Ratty once said "There is nothing absolutely nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats, messing about in boats... ".

I love Nature at its most unchained and could never live anywhere with permanent high temperatures and constant blue skies. I would die of boredom.

I never feel quite home anywhere because deprived of all the loves above I stagnate and waste away mentally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 11:06 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I love my dog, i love animals, nature, the cosmos, good music, good art, much of California ('specially where i am), the Pacific ocean, ........... and lots of other stuff.
This is often a brutal forum SoCalAngel so if your sweetness is sincere, take care and run, don't walk, to the nearest forum (any one other than this one) for sanctuary if you start feeling agitated, confused, angry, saddened, etc., etc.. or if you just get fed up, sick and tired of stupid humans arguing about anything and everything that they can get their minds on just 'cause they love to fight.
Just 'cause this is the religion&philosophy forum doesn't mean that there's loads of sweetness and light here ... often just the opposite.
Hi coyoteskye,

Thanks for the heads up... been there, done that and I'm still here.

The whole state of CA is awesome in my humble opinion...

But the best part is the Pacific Ocean, which is breathtaking, especially along Highway 1.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:09 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Hi coyoteskye,

Thanks for the heads up... been there, done that and I'm still here.

The whole state of CA is awesome in my humble opinion...

But the best part is the Pacific Ocean, which is breathtaking, especially along Highway 1.
Dave and I took that road trip from Santa Cruz to LA. Breathtaking!!! I loved it and never wanted to leave.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:10 AM

I love reading this thread! It's refreshing to see the beauty in everyone without seeing the face.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I will have a couple of friends there and you guys can show me around.

It's funny, Lucas said that after he gets out of college, him and his girlfriend want to move to LA. I didn't even say anything before he said that. Honest!!
Awesome.

It'll be fun. Maybe we can go to a rock concert! That would be a kick.

And I can give you the scoop where the best places are to live.

Your son might enjoy this if he likes movies... at the office where I work, they are filming The Green Hornet. So when it comes out, be sure to go see it. And a couple of months ago, they were filming the new Ashton Kutcher flick... Valentine's Day.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutt View Post
So that's like when the mormons go mow my mother-in-law's 80 year old neighbor's lawn every...single...week......

then they paint her house....

and fix her fence.....

and....

and.....

etc.....

To her credit she has yet to convert...but she is enjoying the free labor.
My gosh, I didn't know they did that... well, I don't need it now... got a great son-in-law handyman around here now.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Dave and I took that road trip from Santa Cruz to LA. Breathtaking!!! I loved it and never wanted to leave.
I hope you got to stop and look at the water along that route... it's so clean and sparkling... too, bad it isn't that way further south.

Did you go through Malibu? That's another awesome location.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I love reading this thread! It's refreshing to see the beauty in everyone without seeing the face.
It's all about the heart...

Old 11-10-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
I hope you got to stop and look at the water along that route... it's so clean and sparkling... too, bad it isn't that way further south.

Did you go through Malibu? That's another awesome location.
Unfortunately it was early morning and had to catch a flight out at 8:30.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
It's all about the heart...
Yup!! Can you feel the Love??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality