Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 04:29 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,111,770 times

Advertisements

The husband is the famly leadership and the head of the wife.

as such it falls to him to make the hard calls as to what direction the family will go in.

If a husband wants his wife to work outside the home, I dont have a problem with that.
But I also see no problem with a husband wanting to make sure his wife does not have to work outside the home too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 04:49 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,516,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post

as such it falls to him to make the hard calls as to what direction the family will go in.

If a husband wants his wife to work outside the home, I dont have a problem with that.
But I also see no problem with a husband wanting to make sure his wife does not have to work outside the home too...
That's a great point. What century is this again?

Old 11-17-2009, 04:52 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,409,720 times
Quote:

So nice of you to chime in your eminance. The problem isn't a husband wanting to make sure his wife does not have to work outside the home....that is all good and dandy. Great even! Cause raising kids and taking care of a home is a full time job. The problem is being told that it is sinful for a woman to work without her father's...oh eh hem...husband's permission.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:05 AM

I also knew a friend that had a wife that worked at the factory where they make a food item.

The problem was that she would come home from work and smelled very bad..
The smell of the factory was in the clothes and then in the car after a while.

Finally the husband had had enough and he told his wife to get a different job.

She didnt want to have to look for a new job, (But then who does?) but she knew it was best for the family that she do as was requested and stop working and find a new job.

Today she is blessed with a GREAT JOB!

God truly blessed her for her submissive attitude and respect for her husband's leadership.

What do I think would have happened had she tried to keep her old job?
That would have only ended up in a bunch of yelling and pointless trouble for her, and she knew it.

I think it's best to not go looking for trouble when a husband lays down the law.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:07 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,409,720 times
Quote:
yes of course it would be wrong for a young girl to just decide all on her own to be out at night and not allow her parents to check out her pick of a job and give it a good once-over...

That would be foolish as a young girl that lives at home is under the authority of her Dad, and as such it falls to him to lead.

As long as she lives at home she has to follow her dad's rules...
It dont matter a hoot if she likes it or not.

Once she has moved out and is all on her own, then she can do whatever she wants.

But as long as she lives under the roof of her dad, HE is the boss!

Hey no thredjacking now. This is not about fathers and daughters. That was joke on how women are treated like kids by their husbands.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Hey no thredjacking now. This is not about fathers and daughters. That was joke on how women are treated like kids by their husbands.
You listed a father right?

I simply answered that comment of yours with my own.

so we are tied up....

Old 11-17-2009, 06:02 AM

15,888 posts, read 21,507,787 times
It's sad to me how many husbands think they are doing their wives any favors by encouraging them NOT to gain any marketable skills or their children any favors by teaching them that it's OK to be lorded over and controlled (or to lord over and control) the people they love.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:49 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,422,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
I am a Christian "Fred Flintstone".
I made it very clear to my wife, before we married, that she would not be working.
It is my job to provide. If we can't afford it on my income, we don't need it.
Christianity's low opinion of women is definetly one of the reasons I'm no longer Christian but Pagan where all sexes are honored as equals. I'm not down with the "weaker vessel" philosophy. That said, in this situation at least you were honest and up front with your wife and she must have agreed or you wouldn't be married. As long as everyone's on the same page, it would never work for me and obviously I don't agree but each to his/her own. That's where I differ from many religious people, I don't presume to tell you how to live your life.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:03 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,375,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
Quite the contrary.
She is treated like a Woman.
She has plenty of work to do. I'm pretty "high-maintenance"!
You asked a question, that I apparently mistook as being in good intention, and I answered.
I didn't realize that I was walking into a trap set to ridicule how we have chosen to live our lives together.
I will keep this in mind in my future correspondences with you.

Hey, there is always a trap on this forum, whether you are a Christian or an Atheist you all make traps. We all do, that is why we debate.

A husband is the head of the house according to Paul, and so yes, if a husband says that a wife can't work, she can't work. If you are a true Christian believing that the Bible is the word of God, then you obey your husband. Personally, I am in an equal relationship, and my husband and I don't obey each other. We respect each other instead.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:04 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,375,074 times
I was once in a marriage where my husband was the boss. i was a jehovah's witness. after ten years i finally rebelled. whatever he told me to do i did the opposite. i didn't work, i didn't know how to drive, etc. i finally went to college to get an education, something else that the jws frowned upon. i didn't last long with either, well 10 years in marriage and 7 in jw. what a life. but if i woman doesn't like to work; i know i didn't, then that is fine. if the husband is a kind person and they are happy, then fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality