Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 05:49 PM

42 posts, read 136,396 times

Advertisements

I found this thread lastnight and read and prayed and read and prayed and...well you get it. I was so moved by the Spirit. I only got a few pages in and it was late, and tonight I will pick up where I left off. So encouraging to have a place to come together before the Lord with our needs. Such love and compassion- I'm sure He looks upon this with favor.

I guess, before I found this, I was feeling a bit down with my own problems. It did my heart good to read the requests and pray for others and I'm going to make this a regular stop in my daily internet visits.

So, in keeping it short, here's my story and request: My husband and I just moved from NY to OK with our 16 year old son. We endured a lot of trials, primarily financial, to get here, but God was faithful. We're looking for a fresh start. Life in NY was burdensome financially and we felt a spiritual oppression that was relentless. So, here we are 1,400 miles from home. My primary prayer needs are:
1. My daughter, 18, who we left at home, by her choice. She's a sweet and mature girl who was raised in a Christian home and has good values. She used to be a shining example of God's love. She has much compassion, and she's using that gift to be a nurse, a very good one. The thing is she, after a series of rebellious choices, has been living with her boyfriend. There's other compromises going on and I think that she needs to find her own faith as an adult. In the meantime she's choosing to see what the world has to offer.
2. My son. He's got a great personality, but it's a tough age to move to a place where you don't know a soul. Please pray for him to find his place here among the right people.
3. I was a homeschooling mom for several years and my husband and I ran a family business at home. It was a very good life for that season, but we're past it now and we've chosen this route for the job (his) with benefits. It's now time for me to start looking for work. I'm 38, and feel very worthy for doing what I've done, but feel insecure in the eyes of the world. Please pray I can find the job that God intends for me.
4.We have an unfinished land deal in NY with a fellow believer because of legalities. Please pray for that to be resolved soon so she can inhabit her land.
Also, that the closing on our home in OK goes smoothly and uneventful.

Thanks so much for lifting my family up in your prayers. I will return and pray for each and every one of you on previous posts and provide an update as time goes by.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 06:05 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Welcome to this forum, Carver. We will surely be praying that the Lord will bless you and your family according to your needs

Old 07-02-2007, 06:16 PM

224 posts, read 777,636 times
I want to thank everyone for keeping me in their prayers, and I want to let you know that everyone is still in my prayers. Please continue to prayer for the sale of my house so that my children and I can finally move to Texas to be reunited with their dad/my husband! We've seen a huge increase in showings over the past two weeks, and several people have expressed interest, we are just hoping and praying and waiting for someone to make us an offer! Thank you so much for your prayers and kindness.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 PM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
I would like your prayers regarding my ex husband. In our 30s we divorced because of immaturity. All of these years I have been holding on to anger which I was not aware of until the Lord showed me recently. I called my ex and asked for forgiveness... he stated it was his fault also. We know we still love each other but the distance and situatiion will keeps us apart. I like to ask you all for your prayers regarding this and ask the Lord for direction and a final decision on the matter. Thank you saints in advanced. Blessings to you all

Old 05-22-2010, 09:49 PM

13 posts, read 19,329 times
for you sister that are asing for prayer for your sweet girl we can feel that you are a woman of God and the bible says in john 15:7 Says that you just need to ask for anything you need because you are a God's friend and besides we will fast for your girl and for your son so they can find the way to what they learned from you.
we will be with you in this short adventure, because our God will pretty soon give us the victory, but please keep declaring that they are ministers, and good Christians,proverbs 18:20-21 says that the power of life and dead is in our tongue and we choose what we want, and we want what God wants wish is life and victory. be blessed sister.
apostle.De La Rosa.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:00 PM

EYEWRIST:SISTER PLEASE SEND US YOUR HUSBAND'S ANME AND YOUR NAME SO WE CAN PRAY FOR BOTH OF YOU FOR QUICKLY RETURNS BECAUSE IS GOD'S DESIRE TO SEE YOU TOGETHER.THIS IS OUR E-MAILS: [mod] deleted per the Terms of Servoce[/mod] We Will pray and send you some Recommendations that will work for you.
blessings!!!!
apostle:J.D

Last edited by june 7th; 05-22-2010 at 10:21 PM..

Old 05-22-2010, 10:04 PM

please keep us in your prayers we have been called to go full time ministry to florida and we would like you guys to pray for us so we can win thousands of people for the gospel and heal thousands as well.
thanks and God bless all of you !!!!!!

Old 05-22-2010, 10:37 PM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Hi, folks!

Please be advised that while this thread WILL (of course) BE left open, that we respectfully remind/refer you to the "Prayer Request Thread" that is a Sticky at the top of this forum.

~We do so with the best interests in mind of having one's prayer requests responded to within a long-standing thread dedicated to those requesting prayer.

All are welcome to post here, as well as there....

~June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality