Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:03 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times

Advertisements

In fact a disaster seems to be predicted by Nostradomus.................

Century 9, Number 44

"All should leave Geneva.
Saturn turns from gold to iron,
The contrary positive ray (RAYPOZ) will exterminate everything,
there will be signs in the sky before this."

Concerning this Nostradamus quatrain, note that Geneva is mentioned, and the "contrary RAYPOZ" could be "contrary positive ray, RAYPOZ", where LHC uses a ray of protons, positive charged particles, truly a positive ray. And "contrary" refers to two proton beams colliding to produce high energy collisions. And it says the positive ray will exterminate everything, does that mean an earth swallowing black hole is created? Or a giant nuclear explosion from a Black Hole or Strangelet? "Saturn turns from gold to iron" could be referring to transmutation of elements, and the fact that the LHC is a circular ring like the rings of Saturn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Now......why in the world would I waste my time worrying about something that may or may not actually happen years from now, when there is absolutely nothing I can do to change it? I heard this quote, about courage to change the things I can, accept the things I can not change, and the wisdom to know the difference. Saves a lot of mental grief, doncha think??

Old 11-22-2009, 08:30 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
i'm definitely going to keep my surf board ready just in case we get the big tsunami.

ohhh and a few cases of greenies

Old 11-22-2009, 08:52 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Not to alarm anyone but I think I know what will kill most or all life on Earth in December 2012. Its the atom smasher experiment happening near Geneva which aims to create a small black hole "Lareg Hadron Collider" these experiments seem to happen around November and December "just started up yesterday btw".
LOL...no.

If a PBH hit the earth (a similar event to one being created here) the impact would have about the same effect as a ton of TNT exploding -- but that explosive force would be distributed along the entire path of its trajectory through earth. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to extrapolate what might happen if the LHC created a miniature black hole.

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/02...hit-the-earth/

Old 11-22-2009, 09:04 AM

1,988 posts, read 5,385,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Can anyone say Y2K?
That's exactly what I was thinking. The same thing will happen in 2012 as it did Jan 1, 2000. Nothing out of the ordinary except for some people out of $$ because they bought into some doomsday scam.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:33 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking. The same thing will happen in 2012 as it did Jan 1, 2000. Nothing out of the ordinary except for some people out of $$ because they bought into some doomsday scam.
That gives me a great idea -- Apocalypse Insurance. I could make a killing!

Old 11-22-2009, 09:41 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
That gives me a great idea -- Apocalypse Insurance. I could make a killing!
Better hurry....There is already competition...
Apocalypse insurance comes with quotes - Business First of Columbus:

Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
I predict that whatever is predicted will not come about and, after a few attempts to suggeat that it is 'around the corner' or it already happened in a sorta symbolic waysonobody noticed, it'll be back to the calendars, predictions and holy books to work out the next end of the world or whatever.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:23 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
After they started the machine up yesterday, they were surprised at how fast things were going. That tells me that unexpected things are happening.
Really? It tells me that they didn't know what to expect. Which, in point of fact, is perfectly natural, given that they're working in an area of science that has been restricted to pure theory and hypothesis thus far.

Besides which, both Cern *and* the American Physical Society have conducted independant reviews and determined that there is absolutely no danger from the experiments.

Besides which, a black hole requires the formation of a gravitational singularity, which itself requires either a collapsing star or a high-energy collision, which is speculated to only be possible on the Planck scale (at which point most scientists agree the laws of physics would have broken down entirely).

A ''miicro black hole'' is theoretically possible, but far outside the reach of any current technology -- to collide two particles to within a distance of a Planck length with currently achievable magnetic field strengths would require a ring accelerator about 1000 light-years in diameter to keep the particles on track.

Finally, even if the LHC ''could'' create a black hole, Hawking's theories, and general quantum mechanics, indicate that they would evaporate almost instantaneously. As well, such black holes would be very small with a high velocity -- thus, our Blue Marble would already have left the 'baby black hole' behind before it could accrete a dangerous amount of mass.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:38 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Well I hope it's a cloudy day because if it's sunny it'll be to warm and I like cold weather
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality