Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It won't run out, but you'd better look into getting a better job so you can pay for it.

But I think we have at least a decade or more before that happens, so you still have some time to get rich.
fosil fuels will run out in the future they are finite resoucses. the big question is when will we hit the peak?? the peak could be the real threat to humanity, the trigger that sets off a chain of events that will lead to a global economic meltdown!! we are burnning thru 30 billion barrels of oil a year or like 2 cubic miles of oil a year. and thats just oil!! what about the 6 billion tons of coal thats gets burned, the trillions of cubic feet of natural gas that goes up in flames annually. add compounding growth to those numbers and only fools can think the stuff will last forever..

i'm not calling you a fool, only the people that think it will last forever.

as for 2012 being the peak is anybodys guess, we could allready be in the peak one thing for sure is the peak is coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 07:25 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
2012 has nothing to do with the bible or with God's wrath. 2012 is the end of the Myan 5000 yr. calendar. That is it.
i totally agree!!!!! the myan civilazation were obsessed with time and the heavens and probably were going to start a new calendar on december 21-- 2012... it would make plain sense to start a new calendar on a day when the sun lines up with the center of the galaxy every 26,000 years..

Old 11-23-2009, 07:31 PM

173 posts, read 609,948 times
I think :

i'll win on lottery

Burn down the neighboors postbox.

Get :

a plastic doll of mona lisa
one copy of the movie, notebook
one of those very expensive cheeses, have to be blue
a t-shirt with "I love new york"
a cheap album of christmas songs from a store in netherlands, Imported.
two boxes of premium chocolate

aaaaand...... *Drum rolls*

A fusebox.

Now let the conspiracy begin!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 PM

688 posts, read 1,489,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Can anyone say Y2K?
I guess will find out on Dec. 21, 2012.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:49 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i think the oil is going to run out, we all will have to push our cars to go to work.that sounds horible!!!! just the thought of pushing 3000 pounds of metal down the road to get to work is all mighty frightening

I don't know from where they have such predictions!
However, God is All-Knowing about the fore-future.

Even genies (or aliens) do not know what will happen in the future.

They said as in the Quran 72: 10
وَأَنَّا لَا نَدْرِي أَشَرٌّ أُرِيدَ بِمَن فِي الْأَرْضِ أَمْ أَرَادَ بِهِمْ رَبُّهُمْ رَشَدًا

The explanation:
('And We know not whether evil is intended for those [inhabitants] in the earth [if they believe not and keep on their disbelief and association]

or their Lord intends to guide them aright [so He sent them a messenger: Mohammed.]')

An Hour with Ghosts

Old 05-15-2010, 03:01 AM

698 posts, read 1,509,590 times
I am willing to take bets with anyone here. 2012 will be just like every other year.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:09 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,101,169 times
I don't believe in the all the doomsayers out there, but I wouldnt be shocked if some pretty interesting things happen by then.

Old 05-15-2010, 05:21 AM

117 posts, read 144,544 times
with what is currently happening though, the US the once powerful country is struggling economically, the floods and earthquakes and volcanoes erupting, if you are superstitious, u might freak out. well i was not baffled by y2k, well actually our whole country wasn't because our country wasn't ran by computers then and even now unlike the US.

i certainly am not baffled by this 2012 scare by some reason too. intuition? i just dont care, actually.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:26 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
I guess will find out on Dec. 21, 2012.
More like December 22, 2012.

Old 05-15-2010, 07:02 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Not to alarm anyone but I think I know what will kill most or all life on Earth in December 2012. Its the atom smasher experiment happening near Geneva which aims to create a small black hole "Lareg Hadron Collider" these experiments seem to happen around November and December "just started up yesterday btw".
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
In fact a disaster seems to be predicted by Nostradomus.................

Century 9, Number 44

"(blah blah blah)
Yep. That furtl brain again, gsboi. Are you even still around here though? This is one old thread, Fred!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
What is 2012 about? Inform me please.
Answer: a means to scare folks into religious adherence, and to make a few bucks on people's gullibility & ignorance.

I'll bet there will be numerous Special Mayan Winter Solstice parties, where the par-tey-ers will pretty much lose it! Whatever it is they want to lose that is....

Q: what is an appropriate Mayan ruler costume? And where does one get an innocent goat to sacrifice? I think an appropo "sacrifice" would be to force it to drink a Tequila shooter with me whilst I gaze lovingly into it's vertically slit "Satanic eyes"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality