Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2023, 07:33 AM

22,670 posts, read 19,361,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Has your "education" convinced you that the bold is FALSE??? There has been no OBJECTIVE spiritual evolution impacting human behavior and activities since our most primitive and barbaric eras???
post above asks about "spiritual evolution impacting human behavior and activities"

my view is that it is a giant step backward for humanity to have human sacrifice as the centerpiece of a new religion. That is a giant step backwards. To glorify and adulate a human being tortured and killed and to display replicas of the instrument of torture in the home and in jewelry and in art is in my view ghastly. And it does not get more (let's use your words here) primitive and barbaric than telling followers to eat the flesh and drink the blood of the murdered human sacrifice. no, i don't see that as progress. the same religion (Crstnty) instituted and invented horrific eternal hell and damnation for those who do not join the new religion. the same religion engaged in and practiced forced conversion, murder, torture. no, that is not evolution of any kind. the same religion institutionalized fostered propagated justified encouraged and fanned the flames of hate and killing as an ideology.

violence begets violence. celebrating violence murder torture as Crstnty has done for 2,000+ years, begets violence murder torture. A group that claims to be "persecuted" quickly became an ideology that persecutes and punishes others. "judge not lest ye be judged" run amok with heaping sanctioned judgment murder torture not just in this life but hell and damnation for all eternity. is that "spiritual evolution"?

my view? no it is not. it is several giant steps backward.
no, not "spiritual evolution" in any way shape or form.
i see that religious tolerance, religious freedom, religious liberty, religious diversity are far more evolved with regards to "human behavior and activities." recognizing that divinity is available to everyone, that we are all beloved children of the Creator, that is far more enlightened. taking responsibility for our own actions instead of blaming others is a far more evolved level of "human behavior and activities."

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-09-2023 at 08:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2023, 07:48 AM

16,155 posts, read 7,131,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
post above asks about "spiritual evolution impacting human behavior and activities"

my view is that it is a giant step backward for humanity to have human sacrifice as the centerpiece of a new religion. That is a giant step backwards. To glorify and adulate a human being tortured and killed and to display replicas of the instrument of torture in the home and in jewelry and in art is in my view ghastly. And it does not get more primitive and barbaric than telling people to eat the flesh and drink the blood of the murdered human sacrifice. no, i don't see that as progress. the same religion instituted and invented horrific eternal hell and damnation for those who do not join the new religion. the same religion engaged in and practiced forced conversion, murder, torture. no, that is not evolution of any kind. the same religion institutionalized fostered propagated justified endouraged and fanned the flames of hate and killing as an ideology.

violence begets violence. celebrating violence murder torture as Crstnty has done for 2,000+ years, begets violence murder torture. A group that claims to be "persecuted" quickly became an ideology that persecutes and punishes others. "judge not lest ye be judged" run amok with heaping sanctioned judgment murder torture not just in this life but hell and damnation for all eternity. is that "spiritual evolution"?

my view? no it is not. it is several giant steps backward.
no, not "spiritual evolution" in any way shape or form.
i see that religious tolerance, religious freedom, religious liberty, religious diversity are far more evolved with regards to "human behavior and activities." recognizing that divinity is available to everyone, that we are all beloved children of the Creator, that is far more enlightened. taking responsibility for our own actions instead of blaming others is a far more evolved level of "human behavior and activities."
Great post, Tzaph. Well articulated. I believe Jesus himself was a realized being and brought a message of peace and love.

Old 05-09-2023, 07:57 AM

22,670 posts, read 19,361,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Great post, Tzaph. Well articulated. I believe Jesus himself was a realized being and brought a message of peace and love.
when people walk a path of peace themselves, then there is peace.

Old 05-09-2023, 08:03 AM

1,513 posts, read 490,164 times
Jesus Christ spoke of laying down your lives for one another, which is the opposite of killing one another.

When they came to arrest Jesus Christ, Peter drew a sword and cut off the ear of one of the men who came to arrest him. Jesus Christ rebuked Peter and healed the man whose ear was cut off.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:34 AM

16,155 posts, read 7,131,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
Jesus Christ spoke of laying down your lives for one another, which is the opposite of killing one another.

When they came to arrest Jesus Christ, Peter drew a sword and cut off the ear of one of the men who came to arrest him. Jesus Christ rebuked Peter and healed the man whose ear was cut off.
Jesus brought the message of peace, love, compassion, and forgiveness to a region that was lacking in all those qualities. His message was lost in the ways Christianity was spread by force. There was some serious misconnect.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:46 AM

51,074 posts, read 24,578,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Woah, that's a good one coming from you. You've been promoting your opinion of Jesus' nature based on your "encounter" with him for YEARS in this forum without any substantiation whatsoever as a fact. I could go back through your posts if I chose to and quote the endless iterations of your statements concerning such. But, without any scientific evidence to back those statements up, they remain opinions, not facts.
I think what Mystic just doesn't get is that there are tens of thousands of people out there who claim to have had all sorts of 'spiritual enounters'...that were often totally different than his 'spiritual encounter'. But he seems to think that simply because he appears to have a PhD, that that means his story should be accepted. Well, no.

The people in this forum...we don't know them just because we've read some of their posts. We don't know their educational background, their honesty, how successful thier 'real' relationships are, how moral they are in real life...etc. (and that includes you and me). It's just like my 'past life' experience; I believe it...but I don't expect anyone else to just accept it. I've known a few truly nutty religious people. They firmly believed what they believed. The question is...why should we believe their stories. And that's where -- for all his talk about it -- Mystic forgets what science is all about.

Old 05-09-2023, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post

The question for any christian is not that they can recite that (or other) incidents discussed in the bible. The question for any christian is: how do they emulate that lesson? And perhaps a definition of the word 'emulate' is approrpiate here: "match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation".

Old 05-09-2023, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Jesus brought the message of peace, love, compassion, and forgiveness to a region that was lacking in all those qualities. His message was lost in the ways Christianity was spread by force. There was some serious misconnect.
Good, realistic post.

Old 05-09-2023, 10:28 AM

63,999 posts, read 40,305,851 times
Quote:
There is behavior and activities going on around the world and in the US right now that can be described as primitive and barbaric. It never stopped actually, only got more violent and efficient with the help of science.
You just confirmed that there IS behavior and activities that can objectively be considered primitive and barbaric, IMO.

Old 05-09-2023, 10:34 AM

63,999 posts, read 40,305,851 times
Quote:
^^^^^THIS! Jesus is evolved spiritually, His self-proclaimed followers have retained a primitive and barbaric rationale for doing so!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality