Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2023, 10:12 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,799,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
The thread was not resurrected.. It never died. What you write in the internet stays forever. Threads don’t belong to anyone, it belongs to City Data to do with it as it pleases. Most people know that. City Data invites any one who can post here to continue to post on any thread no matter when it was posted or by whom. Otherwise it will be closed. Most people know that as well. This whining about threads being “resurrected” is the weirdest thing.Who does that?
there are a lot of great threads and discussions in these forums. there is no rule as to which thread one can post. again nobody owns any threads or posts. Only City Data does.
This is pathetic, your attempt to explain yourself isn't working. Everyone sees through you, it's so obvious. Resurrect all you want, but nobody gives a damn. You should know by now when a thread from 2007 is brought back, it's called "resurrecting a thread". It's quite obvious that you have a vendetta. Either that or you're just trying to get my attention.

You don't have it. Later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2023, 10:59 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,093,279 times
Pedophilia and sexually preying on small children - IMO, this is AN ABSOLUTELY unforgivable sin/crime. Some cowards also indulge excruciating physical abuse to very small kids - so that too. And kidnapping children as well.

All these sins/crimes should result in immediate death penalty when proven guilty based on undeniable evidence in a fair trial. No exception!

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-14-2023 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Spelling corrected on request.

Old 05-14-2023, 05:14 AM

16,684 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
See this is the kind of intentional bs that you do..........YOU resurrected this thread to embarrass me. No other reason. You know damn well I am an atheist and have been for over 12 years. This thread was started in 2007. I am no longer a Christian folks so ignore this. CB2008 is a vindictive person and she hates me. It's only because I'm smarter than her.

Actually I have no idea what is wrong with you but you need to get a freaking life, along with your two cohorts. It is just not healthy to stalk and harass people, that causes some people to commit suicide. It's called bullying, and I am calling you out on it.

I hope to be here to respond to your waiting-with-bated-breath response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
I did not realize how many pages came after it was resurrected. If anyone has an questions for atheists, that's the "Ask an Atheist" thread. (shameful plug there) This thread was brought back for the wrong reasons. I am no longer the religious fanatic portrayed in the OP. Well, cb got what she wanted. I'm thoroughly embarrassed. I think I'll go kill myself now. Mm that would make her so happy. So I won't.

Post 44 was made 05-28-2007, 02:41 PM (Eastern Time)

Post 45 was made [by cb2008] 04-29-2023, 03:28 PM (Eastern Time)

Sixteen years between posts certainly qualifies as a dormant post.

Quote:
The thread was not resurrected.. It never died. What you write in the internet stays forever. Threads don’t belong to anyone, it belongs to City Data to do with it as it pleases. Most people know that. City Data invites any one who can post here to continue to post on any thread no matter when it was posted or by whom. Otherwise it will be closed. Most people know that as well. This whining about threads being “resurrected” is the weirdest thing.Who does that?
there are a lot of great threads and discussions in these forums. there is no rule as to which thread one can post. again nobody owns any threads or posts. Only City Data does.
Obviously, you resurrected a long dormant thread. Why you did that, or what effort you expended, we don't know, but the fact that you did so is obvious to anybody that looks.

We usually only see this happen when a person finds a thread on a Google search, then has to register a new account to reply, thus resurrecting an old thread with his/her first post.

Old 05-14-2023, 06:25 AM

15,984 posts, read 7,044,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Post 44 was made 05-28-2007, 02:41 PM (Eastern Time)

Post 45 was made [by cb2008] 04-29-2023, 03:28 PM (Eastern Time)

Sixteen years between posts certainly qualifies as a dormant post.

Obviously, you resurrected a long dormant thread. Why you did that, or what effort you expended, we don't know, but the fact that you did so is obvious to anybody that looks.

We usually only see this happen when a person finds a thread on a Google search, then has to register a new account to reply, thus resurrecting an old thread with his/her first post.
Moderator cut: Snarkiness not necessary.
There are one of several ways an old thread gets “resurrected”.
This thread from 2008 for instance
https://www.city-data.com/forum/reli...in-sacred.html
Recently lt was posted to and “resurrected” because people like it.
Another thread “Ask a Hindu” was “resurrected ” by me, a great thread from long ago.
The reasons why they get “resurrected” are as different as there are posters.
One could be searching for “forgiveness” as a term and find different threads. Which is probably how I found this. Forgiveness is something we all struggle with and have various opinions about it. It is a hot topic particularly in Religion and Spirituality forum
I plan to search for “Gita” as Miss H thinks she started a discussion thread on the Bhagavad Gita and I would like to read it and maybe post to it.
When reading a thread, at the bottom of it City Data invites you to explore several other threads that may be related to the current one. That is another way a thread can get “resurrected”.
Someone could be searching for posts by a particular poster. I am amazed how often that happens when in a discussion a poster’s words are repeated back to him. I wish i had that kind of rapid response.
When I “resurrected”. THIS thread i may not even have noticed the OP. I might have just responded to a particular post. I would havevdone that even if I did notice it.
Attributing motives is easy. But it is not the truth, it is only in the accuser’s mind. It is not real.
People get upset over many things, for their own reason, and it is not always comprehensible to others.
Unless a thread is closed i may continue to “resurruct” dormant threads that I find interesting unless City Data institutes a rule against it.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-14-2023 at 09:43 AM..

Old 05-14-2023, 06:35 AM

Right here underneath this box are several other related threads. Explore away.
https://pics3.city-data.com/images/ootn2.png

Last edited by cb2008; 05-14-2023 at 06:55 AM..

Old 05-14-2023, 08:17 AM

22,243 posts, read 19,245,773 times
CD invites and encourages readers to post and use older threads. There have been contests with cash prizes on CD asking readers specifically to do exactly that. In this way readers become fluent in using the search function of CD. Because CD tells us to use existing threads on a topic instead of starting new threads on the same topic.

Old 05-14-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
CD invites and encourages readers to post and use older threads. There have been contests with cash prizes on CD asking readers specifically to do exactly that. In this way readers become fluent in using the search function of CD. Because CD tells us to use existing threads on a topic instead of starting new threads on the same topic.
Interesting. I wish they would run the contest again, i could have made a pretty sum with all the resurrections.
It is funny how those who complain about updating an old thread also rejoice when a thread is closed as if it is some kind of win.

Old 05-14-2023, 12:29 PM

50,869 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Interesting. I wish they would run the contest again, i could have made a pretty sum with all the resurrections.
It is funny how those who complain about updating an old thread also rejoice when a thread is closed as if it is some kind of win.
Who are these people who rejoice at closed threads? Try being specific, because I haven't seen that.

Old 05-14-2023, 02:31 PM

16,684 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Who are these people who rejoice at closed threads? Try being specific, because I haven't seen that.
I don't know.

We don't close threads when people ask us to. We don't close threads when the question has been answered. We try to edit threads and keep them open. We have issued infractions to stop people from posting rather than close threads. We close threads when they become argumentative and are hopelessly off topic. We close threads when the editing required is too much work for the results that would be gained.

We have no control over contests, and the owner of the site sets the criteria when they take place, which has never been simple or clearly disclosed. There haven't been any contests for several years, and it is not likely that there will be any more.

Old 05-14-2023, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't know.

We don't close threads when people ask us to. We don't close threads when the question has been answered. We try to edit threads and keep them open. We have issued infractions to stop people from posting rather than close threads. We close threads when they become argumentative and are hopelessly off topic. We close threads when the editing required is too much work for the results that would be gained.

We have no control over contests, and the owner of the site sets the criteria when they take place, which has never been simple or clearly disclosed. There haven't been any contests for several years, and it is not likely that there will be any more.
I appreciate all the moderating work you do. We need good moderators like you and Mighty Queen to have a forum we enjoy as we do this. Of course without our posts there will be no forum, so we have a symbiotic relationship. The forum is as good as the quality of the posts so both of us are essential in keeping it so.

I never thought you closed a thread without good reason although i have been disappointed when it happens. I refuse to name names but when i find the post which heckled me because a thread got closed I will forward it to you. Not sure what good that will do but I wIll try and find it, but not today. It has been a joyous day for me and that is not what I plan do for the rest of the day.
I hope we can agree that dormant threads can be updated without throwing unnecessary aspersions cast on the poster. It is promoted by City Data, there is no good reason why not because these are not current topics being discussed, and there are some topic and discussions that are always relevant and of interest to this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality