Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 07:50 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,628,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
I presonally have a hard time forgiven cruelty, of any kind. But especially to the innocent. And that includes cruelty to animals.
You're quite right Spunky. Intentional cruelty of any kind is unforgivable IMHO. Some people seem to get off on causing pain and misery and as far as I'm concerned their lives are pretty worthless. Compassion and empathy are essential if we want to call ourselves decent human beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2007, 08:45 AM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth ann View Post
It was very difficult for me to read these posts without my heart breaking. Many of you have lived through and survived horrific situations. Atrocities against innocent children is incomprehenible for me....I'm so sorry for those of you who have experienced such crimes.

If someone abused/raped/murdered one of my children, I honestly don't know how I would be able to forgive them. Many of you are better people and better Christians than I.
This is why I do not understand why Catholics sitting in the pews have not made more noise.
I am not trying to start something here,but it has always given be great pause. There are cardinals and bishops and priests, still in place who are either guilty themselves, or are accessories... why, do the lay people allow this to go on? Where is the outcry?
MBG

Old 05-17-2007, 09:40 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,553 times
Suicide is an unforgivable act of selfishness

Old 05-17-2007, 03:30 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
There is a difference in forgiving and not letting someone torment you any longer and living in a state of unforgiveness.

You can cut someone out of your life and still forgive them, but if that person is harmful to you, forgiving them and then not subjecting yourself to them, I believe is okay. We are to always forgive as Yeshua forgives. But then again He only forgives the repentant. (Just a thought).
How can we be greater? We can't.
I have let people who I loved go because I cannot be harmed by them any longer, that means they poison my life.
So I am done being an emotional punching bag, that does not mean I do not wish them well, and pray for them. But see them, be with them? No.
MBG
What you said was mahvelous! I have been trying to think of a way to say exactly what you said. Thanks. - it's perfect.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
Bad Cooking...
Hee, funny. You would never forgive me, then.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:21 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times
Quote:
This is why I do not understand why Catholics sitting in the pews have not made more noise.
I am not trying to start something here,but it has always given be great pause. There are cardinals and bishops and priests, still in place who are either guilty themselves, or are accessories... why, do the lay people allow this to go on? Where is the outcry?
MBG
Good question.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
MBG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Good question.
Yes, it is a very good question, and one that I would like to see answered by any Catholics here who have any insight into why this is the case. I would be calling the pope, picketing, screaming....whatever it took to stop this. I have heard some say that because they don't allow the priests, cardinals, bishops and whatever else to marry....that's what causes them to do this.

What???? That's the most lame and bizarre explanation I have ever heard. There is no explanation...it's just plain evil.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:01 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Yes, it is a very good question, and one that I would like to see answered by any Catholics here who have any insight into why this is the case. I would be calling the pope, picketing, screaming....whatever it took to stop this. I have heard some say that because they don't allow the priests, cardinals, bishops and whatever else to marry....that's what causes them to do this.
What???? That's the most lame and bizarre explanation I have ever heard. There is no explanation...it's just plain evil.
I am a Catholic and I only have one thing to say( I lied I have a few things to say)

If a priest has taken a vow of celebacy:
it is wrong to have any type of sexual relations
it is wrong to have indecent thoughts
it is wrong to masterbate

and no matter what it is definately wrong to sodomize a child
If they cannot uphold the first 3 they need to get out of their calling because it obviously isn't calling them loud enough

if the last applies they need to do the Christian thing and turn themselves in to authorities

you are right it is JUST PLAIN EVIL

Old 05-17-2007, 09:05 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
I am a Catholic and I only have one thing to say( I lied I have a few things to say)

If a priest has taken a vow of celebacy:
it is wrong to have any type of sexual relations
it is wrong to have indecent thoughts
it is wrong to masterbate

and no matter what it is definately wrong to sodomize a child
If they cannot uphold the first 3 they need to get out of their calling because it obviously isn't calling them loud enough

if the last applies they need to do the Christian thing and turn themselves in to authorities

you are right it is JUST PLAIN EVIL
But why are those in the pews silent?
MBG

Old 05-17-2007, 11:21 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
In day to day life if someone lies to me, that is something I might not hold a grudge against them for but I never forget it...I have been friends with people who have done this but I always remember it when people play fast and loose with the truth and I make sure I don't leave myself open for them to take advantage of me again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality