Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2023, 04:29 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,347,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief scum View Post
You have been gone for awhile and I had been wondering how you are doing. I hope you are doing well.

Have a nice day.
Well, I haven't gotten any younger. I got tired of the C-D censorship and went elsewhere. I'm probably not back to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn of ‘83 View Post
How would you have done differently?
I have grown children. Setting them up to fail never once occurred to me. But, hey, I'm not psychotic.

Old 05-04-2023, 04:43 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
I have grown children. Setting them up to fail never once occurred to me. But, hey, I'm not psychotic.
You evaded the question.

Old 05-04-2023, 04:54 PM

17,781 posts, read 13,670,239 times
Quote:
How would you have done differently?
So God's "hands were tied' so to speak...

That's what I get from this post.

But here are a few suggestions...

1) Don't put the tree of knowledge in the garden.

2) Don't invent snakes.

3)If you insist on snakes how about not letting Satan get into the snake to make it talk.

4) If you insist on letting Satan get into the snake to let it talk. How about confusing the language like you did in the garden.

5) Better yet, why didn't you send Satan to another planet, solar system, to hell, or just kill him after he rebelled in heaven. That would have helped.

6) Finally, you could tell Eve "Hey Eve, don't listen to that snake!!!! Go get a hoe and chop his head off. No, I did NOT mean Lilleth."

Old 05-04-2023, 05:12 PM

15,851 posts, read 6,311,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So God's "hands were tied' so to speak...

That's what I get from this post.

But here are a few suggestions...

1) Don't put the tree of knowledge in the garden.

2) Don't invent snakes.

3)If you insist on snakes how about not letting Satan get into the snake to make it talk.

4) If you insist on letting Satan get into the snake to let it talk. How about confusing the language like you did in the garden.

5) Better yet, why didn't you send Satan to another planet, solar system, to hell, or just kill him after he rebelled in heaven. That would have helped.

6) Finally, you could tell Eve "Hey Eve, don't listen to that snake!!!! Go get a hoe and chop his head off. No, I did NOT mean Lilleth."
Whoa! Lilith just didn't take any crap from no created dude.

Old 05-04-2023, 05:22 PM

412 posts, read 137,398 times
Quote:
You evaded the question.
But the mission was accomplished to insult something you may hold reverence for.

Old 05-04-2023, 06:17 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
God also created, with His own hands, Adam and Eve to be ignorant and guileless, the serpent to be "subtl," placed them all in the garden together with perfect foreknowledge of what the result would be, and then condemned both sides and their offspring IN PERPETUITY when the inevitable result occurred.

WHATTA GUY!
Kinda makes you wonder about humanity given that interpretation has endured for over two millennia, doesn't it??? Of course, it is not history but it isn't even a very intelligent guess about what Godly inspiration it was supposed to be an interpretation of. I happen to know that God's consciousness is available to inspire us from my encounter in deep meditation, but we are just very poor interpreters.

BTW. none of the inspirations are ever about our physical existence. They are all about our state of mind which is why they are in the myth category of human speculations. They are intended to develop our spiritual maturity, IMO. Unfortunately, we are understandably preoccupied with our physical existence and its demands biasing our interpretations.

Old 05-04-2023, 06:18 PM

Quote:
You evaded the question.
If it was my intension from the beginning that my children should fail and perpetually suffer the consequences then I suppose setting them up to fail in this manner is as good a solution as any. God, being omnipotent, invariably gets the result He intends to get. But then the whole "Divine blood must be shed" to pay myself back as a way of offering salvation from my purposely contrived plan becomes a seriously psychotic bit of melodrama. Of course the Biblical God IS the source of evil.

The real point here is that I find that people actually supposing that this convoluted bit of ancient nonsense has some bona fide connection to truth to be pretty darned embarrassing.

Last edited by Tired of the Nonsense; 05-04-2023 at 06:28 PM..

Old 05-04-2023, 08:08 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,777,841 times
Quote:
If it was my intension from the beginning that my children should fail and perpetually suffer the consequences then I suppose setting them up to fail in this manner is as good a solution as any. God, being omnipotent, invariably gets the result He intends to get. But then the whole "Divine blood must be shed" to pay myself back as a way of offering salvation from my purposely contrived plan becomes a seriously psychotic bit of melodrama. Of course the Biblical God IS the source of evil.

The real point here is that I find that people actually supposing that this convoluted bit of ancient nonsense has some bona fide connection to truth to be pretty darned embarrassing.
What result do you think God wanted?

Old 05-04-2023, 09:11 PM

Quote:
What result do you think God wanted?
The result God got, since nothing else is possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality