Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 09:37 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,634,940 times

Advertisements

This Atheist would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , whether a secular one or not , or to make it simpler "Festive Season" !

Whatever religion, philosophy or ideology , have fun !

I hope all of us will enjoy the Festive Season , with family, friends, pets , yourself , whatever form this may take and get a chance to relax a bit , eat nice food, drink some mulled Wine perhaps and have a little time to spend with those you cherish .

I wanted to thank you for providing some interesting topics to mull over in the last year, some more entertaining than others and a place to debate and yes even argue in a mostly civilised fashion. And Thank you to our Moderator Supremos "Miss Blue" and the inimitable "June" too.

Some of you feel like old Friends, and I am grateful to have gotten to know you a little better .

There are some fascinating people on this forum, intelligent, kind, tolerant and generous of spirit, knowledgeable and with brilliant minds and I feel my life has in some ways been enhanced a little for knowing you.

Christmas may be a Christian celebration but even some of us Atheists can find some pleasure in the season of good-will and peace to all men no matter how trite the message might sound to many people.

I am naturally one of those "bah-humbug" types of people and lean towards pessimism and cynicism but I do feel there is nothing wrong with simply appreciating our friends and loved ones at a time when so many people will be lonely and sad.

So I simply wish you all a wonderful time over the next week, and look forwad to many more enlightening posts next year....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 09:48 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Merry Christmas to you too dear Mooseketeer..
Cyber Hugs to a very special person

Old 12-23-2009, 12:52 PM

33,554 posts, read 37,155,629 times
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/pugbug/City%20pics/langford2-1-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-23-2009, 08:34 PM

331 posts, read 498,925 times
Here's the Christian's way of doing things.

TO THE:

Atheists/Agnostics: Happy Winter! Gotta love these 25 degree days, eh? Best wishes for the New Year!
Christians: Merry Christmas! May Christ shine his light on you for now, and into the New Year.
Jews: Happy (Belated) Hanukkah! Only 65 days to Purim! Happy New Year!
Muslims: Happy Winter! Only 63 days till the birth of your Savior, and we'll sure celebrate with you!
Everyone Else: MasterCard

DISCLAIMER: To anyone who might overanalyze this, there is (with every bit of honesty in me) NO sarcasm here. Just good wishes to everyone (that is, inclusively) for the New Year and the time between December 24-29.

Humbly yours,

Scott

Old 12-24-2009, 03:58 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,620,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
There are some fascinating people on this forum, intelligent, kind, tolerant and generous of spirit, knowledgeable and with brilliant minds and I feel my life has in some ways been enhanced a little for knowing you.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Merry Christmas Moosketeer, and peace be upon you.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:24 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,317 times
Well we southern hemisphere heathen cannot even celebrate your winter solstice - It is as hot as hell (BTW we have a town here with that name) right now and we would dearly luv some that cool weather albeit just a tad less extreme.

But nonetheless, enjoy the holidays and don't come back in the newspapers

Old 12-24-2009, 09:02 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
Thanks Mooseketeer and Merry Christmas to the newlyweds! I also feel close to a number of people on the forum, including you of course, and would like to wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season. I like the fact that I've gotten to know people not only from all over the US but from a number of other countries in various parts of the world which makes it very interesting. Best wishes to all of you in 2010.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:41 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,967 times
Merry Christmas Mooseketeer! And to everyone else on here...hope your holiday, however you celebrate it, is a very happy one!

Old 12-24-2009, 06:39 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
Happy holidays to everybody, over the past couple years I have had the pleasure of reading and posting on this forum and have gotten to know some of the regular people here and look forward to seeing some of the new ones, I have learned from some of you and hopefully I have been able to pass on some of my knowledge and experiences. In the coming years ahead it is my hope that we can all put aside our differences and realize that we are all the same, it matters not what our religion or belief may be, we are all human beings trying to make a comfortable and safe life for ourselves and our children and it is our children that are the most important, we must teach them to be tolerant and accepting of other people regardless of race, color, or religion, we must teach them to do away with the prejudices of the past and of the present, only then will we as the human race can survive. So I wish all of you peace, happiness and understanding and I thank you Mooseketeer for this opportunity and for your holiday greetings. May these days ahead be joyous to you...
mitakuye oyassin,

Old 12-24-2009, 08:29 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,506,441 times
Merry Christmas everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality