U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 01:12 AM

47 posts, read 74,848 times

Advertisements

Have you ever experienced Deja Vu? If so where do you think it comes from? I've heard the scientific explanation for it but for someone who's experienced it since childhood I honestly don't buy the whole "it's like a cassette rewinding and replaying" thing. It clearly shows that whoever came up with that theory has never experienced it. For those who have it's an event thats very strange. I personally think that it proves ESP and perhaps (I stress perhaps) even prophetic visions. I however, want to hear from you guys and see your take on it. But, I will be very frank I'm really not interested in those that haven't ever experienced it as I feel that the opinions of such people are "secound hand" at best. I however, welcome all opinions from all people regardless of wether or not you've experienced it (just thought I'd make clear that some will not be of interest to me).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 02:30 AM

48,782 posts, read 14,667,534 times
Yes. Frequently. And it proves nothing but the inadvisability of waving it about as 'proof' of anything supernatural-ish for which we don't immediately have an explanation. Or in this case, dismissing any explanation other than the supernatural -ish.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-25-2009 at 02:51 AM..

Old 12-25-2009, 02:49 AM

2,179 posts, read 5,080,756 times
Well....(kdbrich?) Crusader, I've thought I have but it's never been very definitive nor earth shattering.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:21 AM

53 posts, read 61,445 times
Ive experienced Deja Vu but in my dreams. I dreamt that I was hiking up a mountain once with a few friends and I was leading them through the trails. In my dream I had been there a few times before and I even had memories of the other times being there! I recalled those memories vividly too.

when I woke up I realized I have never been there before in my life... I thought 'stupid brain of mine making shiit up' lol never put too much thought on it. This has happened a few times in my dreams in different places.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:57 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,075,830 times
yes....some say its evidence of re-incarnation. remmeber things from past lives.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:15 AM

2,976 posts, read 4,483,678 times
Yes, I've experienced Deja Vu, my theory on this is: That the mind is storing the information so fast and it bypasses all of the filters we have created, that upon experiencing this all you are doing is recalling a memory that was place there milli-seconds ago.

Old 12-25-2009, 11:48 AM

10,946 posts, read 8,712,486 times
[quote=xxCRUSADERxx;12163768]
Quote:
Have you ever experienced Deja Vu?
Well, it sure seems like it...

Old 12-25-2009, 11:54 AM

8,998 posts, read 13,678,960 times
It happens to me quite a bit. I will have a dream of someone saying something or doing something and about a week or two later it happens.

It isn't just little small things but the dreams are very specific so it's not just a matter of coincidence. It used to freak me out when I was younger but now I think it's kind of cool.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:01 PM

12,172 posts, read 16,204,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCRUSADERxx View Post
Have you ever experienced Deja Vu? If so where do you think it comes from? I've heard the scientific explanation for it but for someone who's experienced it since childhood I honestly don't buy the whole "it's like a cassette rewinding and replaying" thing. It clearly shows that whoever came up with that theory has never experienced it. For those who have it's an event thats very strange. I personally think that it proves ESP and perhaps (I stress perhaps) even prophetic visions. I however, want to hear from you guys and see your take on it. But, I will be very frank I'm really not interested in those that haven't ever experienced it as I feel that the opinions of such people are "secound hand" at best. I however, welcome all opinions from all people regardless of wether or not you've experienced it (just thought I'd make clear that some will not be of interest to me).
Yes, we think you have been here before.

Old 12-25-2009, 12:25 PM

13,620 posts, read 11,651,954 times
yes many times!!! deja vu is realy just glimpses of a parallel universe where infinity rules. think about it if infinity exist in outer space and iner space.. than the odds that another you are infinate. even if you singled out the rarest thing that you've ever done it has happened an infinate amount of times in a realm of infinity..

even the number googol is just a plip in in the realm of infinity.. even a googol times a google cubed is still just a plip

here carl sagan sums it up pretty well in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lFQOmb6mVs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality